Philhealth, How Much They Pay

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

If the PhilHealth member or their dependents will be confined at third level hospitals like Chong Hua, PhilHealth will pay P500 up to P1,100 room accommodation everyday for a period of 45 days, depending on his illness. If a PhilHealth member or his dependents will be confined in category 3 hospitals, the government insurance firm will pay P4,200 to P40,000 for drugs and medicines, and P3,200 up to P30,000 for laboratories and others. The qualified dependents are the legitimate spouse; legitimate, legitimated, illegitimate or adopted children below 21 years old; and parents who are more than 60 years of age if they are not PhilHealth members. Link

• Like 1

Bruce
Posted
Posted

What is a cat 3 hospital? Is it rates 1-5? with 1 being the best and 5 the lowest? Or 5 the best and 1 the lowest? Is there any difference in payment for specialzed care such as an ICU as compared to a regular public ward?

sjp52
Posted
Posted

when my wifes mother was in the hospital the fee was 9000 pesos. Phil Health paid 3000

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

I am just guessing on this and I hope someone has a better answer, or can confirm my answer, but listed on THIS PAGE are level of hospital, so it might be the same.

Included in the list are hospital categories:

Level 1: Primary hospital or infirmary. Emergency hospital that provides initial or immediate care

Level 2: Secondary hospital. Non-departmentalized. Provides primary clinical care and management.

Level 3: Tertiary hospital. Departmentalized. Provides clinical care and management, surgical treatments and intensive care.

Level 4: Tertiary hospital. Departmentalized. Teaching and training hospital. Provides clinical care and management, surgical treatments and intensive care.

At this link is a list of PhilHealth Hospitals by region and their level. Cebu & Bohol region VII

• Like 1

Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)

http://philippines-expats.com/index.php?showtopic=2943 And remember also, that any foreigner on a permanent 13 a/g visa can also apply for Phil Health Ins! http://www.philhealth.gov.ph/members/individually_paying/faqs/membership.htm#m55. Can a foreign national enroll as an Individually Paying Member?YES, the Implementing Rules and Regulations of RA 7875, as amended by RA 9241, provides for the inclusion to the National Health Insurance Program the citizens of other countries residing and/or working in the Philippines. If the foreign national is employed, he/she shall be registered under the Employed Sector Program. Meanwhile, if he/she is self-employed or merely residing in the country, he/she may enroll as an Individually Paying Member. He/she only needs to accomplish and submit to any PhilHealth office, the PhilHealth Member Registration Form (PMRF) and a photocopy of his/her Alien Certificate of Registration (ACR) issued by the Bureau of Immigration (BI) to prove his/her residency in the country.

Edited by Art2ro
  • Like 1

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted
http://philippines-expats.com/index.php?showtopic=2943 And remember also, that any foreigner on a permanent 13 a/g visa can also apply for Phil Health Ins! http://www.philhealth.gov.ph/members/individually_paying/faqs/membership.htm#m55. Can a foreign national enroll as an Individually Paying Member?YES, the Implementing Rules and Regulations of RA 7875, as amended by RA 9241, provides for the inclusion to the National Health Insurance Program the citizens of other countries residing and/or working in the Philippines. If the foreign national is employed, he/she shall be registered under the Employed Sector Program. Meanwhile, if he/she is self-employed or merely residing in the country, he/she may enroll as an Individually Paying Member. He/she only needs to accomplish and submit to any PhilHealth office, the PhilHealth Member Registration Form (PMRF) and a photocopy of his/her Alien Certificate of Registration (ACR) issued by the Bureau of Immigration (BI) to prove his/her residency in the country.
As ART stated Philhealth is OPEN to those who live here, IT IS THE BEST BET you can have for sometype of BASIC HEALTH INSURANCE NEEDS,,, its only 100p or 1200p a year, can you afford NOT TO HAVE IT?yes dave I do have an agenda. TO inform,promote PHILHEALTH to those who have little or NO Philippine insurance.. in some aspects You will do better than playing the LOTTO.
  • Like 1

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted

I have it through Myrlita. Back in August 2009, I was hospitalized for a Kidney stone. Praise God it passed the next day so only 2 days. P12000 total bill (Was in a ward), Deposit of P3000 for admittance (It was on a Sunday so billing closed), PhilHealth paid P9000, Bal Zero. How that? Not too bad for P1200 a year.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

here is philhealth link aboutwhat they will pay on certain cases.It is pdf fileSelected Medical case Rateshttp://www.philhealth.gov.ph/circulars/2011/circ11_2011.pdfSelected Surgical Case Rateshttp://www.philhealth.gov.ph/circulars/2011/circ11-B_2011.pdf

Tatoosh
Posted
Posted

Phil Health is a great program for not much money. My wife had to have an operation recently and the bill was 60k plus. Phil Health picked up 20k of it. For about 100 pesos a month, well worth investing in. I may become a member soon myself, though I have US health insurance that covers all of my overnight stays in the hospital after the deductible.

• Like 1

Mugs
Posted
Posted
Phil Health is a great program for not much money. My wife had to have an operation recently and the bill was 60k plus. Phil Health picked up 20k of it. For about 100 pesos a month, well worth investing in. I may become a member soon myself, though I have US health insurance that covers all of my overnight stays in the hospital after the deductible.
thank you great to know.