Philhealth, How Much They Pay

billten
Posted
Posted

Krissy and I signed up for Phil Health last week. Interesting news that many have heard but i wanted to expand on a little.

Many have mentioned the fact that the premium for PhilHealth will double on Jul 1st 2012, from P1200 a year to P2400. What i haven't seen reported is that you can pre-pay the premiums for 2013 and 2014 BEFORE Jul 1 2012 and still get the coverage at the old rate. So basically, if you pay 2013 and 2014 prior Jul 1 2012 you are saving P2400, cool...

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...
daisy
Posted
Posted (edited)

Just arrived home after a 24 hour/ 1 day confinement in the Hospital. I just felt I need to share this so that checking out in the hospital will be smooth and no hassle in the future for everyone.

Things to remember when you are a PH member of a beneficiary:

1. Have your MDR available and ready at home where the member and all his/her beneficiries are listed.

2. You need also to bring your 9 months consecutive Offical Receipts payments.

Present photocopies of these documents when paying your bills otherwise if these are not available you will need to go to the PH office nearest to you. (MOST specially the MDR, Member's Data Record)

Just for your reference the my account:

Total Hospital bills.........8,252.00

Deposit.........................2,000.00

Charge to PH...............6,252.00

So forget about the no deposit thing if you are a PH member or beneficiary because if you will insist, the staff will say "This is our hospital policy"

Then the PF which almost give me another HP............3,000.00

Charge to PH................................................................2,000.00

Personal money paid to PF...........................................1,000.00

Just go figure it out! :rolleyes:

Edited by daisy
  • Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Just arrived home after a 24 hour/ 1 day confinement in the Hospital. I just felt I need to share this so that checking out in the hospital will be smooth and no hassle in the future for everyone.

Things to remember when you are a PH member of a beneficiary:

1. Have your MDR available and ready at home where the member and all his/her beneficiaries are listed.

2. You need also to bring your 9 months consecutive Official Receipts payments.

Present photocopies of these documents when paying your bills otherwise if these are not available you will need to go to the PH office nearest to you. (MOST specially the MDR, Member's Data Record)

Just for your reference the my account:

Total Hospital bills.........8,252.00

Deposit.........................2,000.00

Charge to PH...............6,252.00

So forget about the no deposit thing if you are a PH member or beneficiary because if you will insist, the staff will say "This is our hospital policy"

Then the PF which almost give me another HP............3,000.00

Charge to PH................................................................2,000.00

Personal money paid to PF...........................................1,000.00

Just go figure it out! :rolleyes:

If I could Understand all that, I would try and figure it out To, much Admin Stuff what is PF and HP ( sorry I am English) we could Die waiting for them to to spell your name right :)

MikeB
Posted
Posted

Krissy and I signed up for Phil Health last week. Interesting news that many have heard but i wanted to expand on a little.

Many have mentioned the fact that the premium for PhilHealth will double on Jul 1st 2012, from P1200 a year to P2400. What i haven't seen reported is that you can pre-pay the premiums for 2013 and 2014 BEFORE Jul 1 2012 and still get the coverage at the old rate. So basically, if you pay 2013 and 2014 prior Jul 1 2012 you are saving P2400, cool...

Were you able to prepay 2 years? When I went to the Carcar office they said 12 months was max.

billten
Posted
Posted

Uhmm, i am guessing PH is Philippine Health and PF are Professional Fees (the bastard blood sucking doctors).

So your total came to 11,250 and you had to cover 3,000 of it. Not bad IMO seeing as how PH ;-) is only 1,200 a year right now...

daisy
Posted
Posted (edited)

Uhmm, i am guessing PH is Philippine Health and PF are Professional Fees (the bastard blood sucking doctors).

So your total came to 11,250 and you had to cover 3,000 of it. Not bad IMO seeing as how PH ;-) is only 1,200 a year right now...

Yes, it's 11,250 for one day! Given the hospital price before PH upgraded their services, a patient could possibly credit it all to PH however, the hospital will not let you do it, they have to get a portion of your cash and get all the PH share!

However, the hospital already showed me a bill without PH counterpart and it was only 7, 765.00. When we presented the PH requirements to the billing section, the bill became 11,250. :rolleyes:

The advance payment for 1200 pesos premium could be done up to 2014. Deadline of paying is June 30 2012.

Edited by daisy
  • Like 1

billten
Posted
Posted
When I went to the Carcar office they said 12 months was max

That is VERY strange. I prepaid as soon as i got paid this month and my receipt says i am covered til Dec 2014.

MikeB
Posted
Posted

Well, they didn't say it in English so maybe there was a misunderstanding with my wife. I didn't get it because they asked for yet another copy, this one the ACR so I'll go in next week and see what they say. Thanks.

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted
Were you able to prepay 2 years? When I went to the Carcar office they said 12 months was max.

Make a copy of the (new)rule that would allow you to prepay,

when I went to a PHILHEALTH OFFICE, the 1st person knew nothing about prepaying 2 years

when she asked another co-worker, the co-worker knew all the details, and I was able to complete the transaction,

perhaps make a copy of the "info" so the "overworked" UNinformed worker will know what the POLICY is,

MikeB
Posted
Posted

Make a copy of the (new)rule that would allow you to prepay,

when I went to a PHILHEALTH OFFICE, the 1st person knew nothing about prepaying 2 years

when she asked another co-worker, the co-worker knew all the details, and I was able to complete the transaction,

perhaps make a copy of the "info" so the "overworked" UNinformed worker will know what the POLICY is,

Good idea, where is this rule, do you have a link?

Also, I already have full Blue Cross Phil coverage for my family and me (not outpatient). What is the advantage, if any, to having Phil Health in addition?