Philhealth, How Much They Pay

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted (edited)
Good idea, where is this rule, do you have a link?

unable to post/copy the info ,here is the link(s)

please read the the 2nd circular

III about the guidelines

http://www.philhealt...v03-05-2012.pdf

http://www.philhealth.gov.ph/circulars/2012/circ20_2012.pdf

Edited by Call me Bubba
  • Like 1

MikeB
Posted
Posted

Thanks, the 1st circular seems to spell it out better:

"Members also have the option to lock-in, or advance the premium payment

for two (2) years at the rate of One Thousand Two Hundred Pesos (Php 1,200) per

year, as long as full payment is completed on or before June 30, 2012."

• Like 1

billten
Posted
Posted

Mike, there is a lady in the Carcar office who works the register when she is not behind the desk. She is the one i have dealt with and she seemed very knowledgeable. The young guy working at the desk was a bit of a bust ;-)

• Like 2

MikeB
Posted
Posted

Well, I went there yesterday morning early and there was only 1 other person in the office. I forgot to print the brochure which says you can prepay for 2 years and I spoke to one of the women and she seemed knowledgeable but insisted you can only prepay through 2013 so that's what I did. Also, because coverage is by quarter, not monthly, I had to pay for April and May in order to start coverage in June which I did. The coverage is inexpensive even at p200 a month, this is at least one thing that the country got right.

• Like 5

• 2 months later...
Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

The prepay at the OLD rate is extended til the end of sept, I was told you can now only prepay 18months (till the end of 2013)

here is a link with some case rates listed of what Philhealth will pay

Case Rates

Since September 1, 2011, the following medical cases and surgical procedures are being paid through case rate:

Medical Cases

1. Dengue I (Dengue fever, DHF grades I&II) 8,000 2. Dengue II (DHF grades III & IV) 16,000 3. Pneumonia I ( moderate risk) 15,000 4. Pneumonia II (high risk) 32,000 5. Essential Hypertension 9,000 6. Cerebral Infarction (CVA-I) 28,000 7. Cerebral Hemorrhage (CVA-II) 38,000 8. Acute Gastroenteritis (AGE) 6,000 9. Asthma 9,000 10. Typhoid Fever 14,000 11. Newborn Care Package in Hospitals and Lying in Clinics 1,750

http://www.philhealth.gov.ph/members/special_package/case_rates.htm

http://www.philhealth.gov.ph/members/special_package/case_rates_faqs.html

9. What is "No Balance Billing (NBB) and to whom it will be applicable?

NBB means that no other fees shall be charged or paid for by the PhilHealth patients beyond the identified case rates. NBB policy generally covers the Sponsored member/dependents of PhilHealth

• Like 1

georgiejr
Posted
Posted

Hi,

This question might have been posted, but can't find any reference to it. I am a naturalized US citizen and was wondering if I can be a member of Phil Health. I am approaching 62 and will have MEDCO here in the US but I don't think it would apply there in the Philipppines.

Aside from Phil Health, I understand they also have senior discounts. Will I be able to avail of this benefit as a US citizen? I have continued on paying my SSS in the Philippines since I worked there for 5 years and order for me to avail of my retirement benefits, I have to complete 120 payments - will there be any problem with my retirement benefits, being a US citizen.

Thank you very much for your feedback and assistance.

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

Hi,

This question might have been posted, but can't find any reference to it. I am a naturalized US citizen and was wondering if I can be a member of Phil Health. I am approaching 62 and will have MEDCO here in the US but I don't think it would apply there in the Philipppines.

Aside from Phil Health, I understand they also have senior discounts. Will I be able to avail of this benefit as a US citizen? I have continued on paying my SSS in the Philippines since I worked there for 5 years and order for me to avail of my retirement benefits, I have to complete 120 payments - will there be any problem with my retirement benefits, being a US citizen.

If your LIVING HERE you can obtain PHILHEALTH,

retirement Benefits, as long as you have followed the rules. being a US citizen should have NO bearing at all on the RP SSS claim,

are you a RP native by birth? perhaps you can obtain your "senior citizen discount" . just look at the previous topics onthat subject

georgiejr
Posted
Posted

Thanks Bubba, for the feedback. Yes, I was born in Manila.

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Hi,

George - here is the link to PhilHealth... http://www.philhealth.gov.ph/

It is really straight forward and cause a few of us to ask questions looking for that hidden answer. Guess what? There wasn't any! Pretty straight forward. Give us a shout after reading this is you have any questions and we'll see if we can answer them for you.

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

philhealth will now pay for LEPTOSIROSIS treatement

Under Circular 39, the health insurance will cover all PhilHealth members and non-members, said Department of Health (DOH) Secretary Enrique Ona.

For those who have moderate leptospirosis cases, they are entitled to a “case rate” of P11,000 when admitted in hospitals.

Those with severe leptospirosis will get reimbursements for their hospital bills, according to PhilHealth Circular 40 series of 2012.

Sponsored Program members and beneficiaries are covered by the “no-balance” billing policy, which means there will be no additional payment coming from the member or beneficiary.

http://ph.news.yahoo.com/leptospirosis-patients-now-covered-philhealth-101616313.html

• Like 1