Philhealth, How Much They Pay

Tatoosh
Posted
Posted

Thanks. If your family, including in-laws don't have Phil Health, funding membership is a bit of proactive protection if the budget allows. As the wife or girlfriend of a "Kano", she is viewed as one of the prime funding sources in times of a family emergency, such as a trip to the hospital. A hundred pesos a month for the father or mother in law can really help them handle their bills and lower the amounts requested. This aspect might fit under the "Culture" catagory, but 25 bucks US roughly will give the family and underage children some real help, the same for you if your wife or girlfriend have to go into the hospital. Mine did and the help was substantial and worthwhile. If I employed helpers for any long term time, I'd buy it for them too, though I'm not sure what the cost is compared to privately paying for it as we do.

• Like 4

Bruce
Posted
Posted

With the talk here about Philhealth and the costs, I told my woman friend to look into it out on Samar and I will pay for it.She says she got it free. OH! Said I. How is that? Well the governor (former) paid for it for all the people in Catbalogan under a certain income level.When? I asked... 2 or 3 years ago she replies! Oh, I said is she still governor (NO!) and how much was it costing?100P she said...... (insert old saying about ... gawd loving stupid people and dogs??? or something like that)Rather than go farther with this....... I decided to simply tell her to go and register again and I shall pay the bill.........

• Like 3

Tatoosh
Posted
Posted (edited)

It is all a matter of economics and education. Very good of you to look out for her, regardless. You can pay for 3 months or up to a year I think, so 300 pesos and up.

Edited by Tatoosh
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
daisy
Posted
Posted
Phil Health is a great program for not much money. My wife had to have an operation recently and the bill was 60k plus. Phil Health picked up 20k of it. For about 100 pesos a month, well worth investing in. I may become a member soon myself, though I have US health insurance that covers all of my overnight stays in the hospital after the deductible.
Tatoosh your wife can make you as her dependent. Just ask her to submit your marriage contract to PH office and ask for another copy of MDR ( Member's Data Record). Have it with her anytime and all immediate family members below 21 years old could be the beneficiary of your wife.By the way, PH will have a 100 percent increase effective July 2012, so it will be 600 pesos per quarter. However if a member will pay in advance for 2 years 2012-2013, PH will still charge the 100 pesos per month or 300 pesos per quarter. the deadline for advance payment is only until June 30, 2012.Here's another thing, just in case your wife or you yourself have missed paying a quarter for a year and you happen to be hospitalized in the following month, you have to be extra careful on this because even some hospitals will just automically dismiss your claim and you will be charge in FULL if you will miss a quarter payment specially on an operation case that requires at least 9 months PH payment. This 9 months according to PH officer does not necessarily means CONSECUTIVE. This is a common MISTAKE because the hospital officer will look for the consecutive payments made. It is 9 months out of 12 months.There are also other regions, like here in Region 10, the regional office does not require the ACR, as long as you have your birth certifiicate with you and a photocopy of a valid ID. In lieu of the absence of BC, they will ask for TWO valid IDs.Hope this will help.
  • Like 4

• 1 month later...
sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

I am not married yet but plan to do so very shortly so I will not have a 13a visa for some time after. So my question is will I be covered by my wifes phill health plan after we are married without a 13a visa.Kevin

Bundy
Posted
Posted
I am not married yet but plan to do so very shortly so I will not have a 13a visa for some time after. So my question is will I be covered by my wifes phill health plan after we are married without a 13a visa.Kevin
As far as i'm aware Kev, if you are married to a Philippine citizen then yes you will be covered regardless of visa status. I also seem to remember someone posting on this forum somewhere that the rules have now been changed to allow foreigners to register with Philhealth on their own.
  • Like 2

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted (edited)
As far as i'm aware Kev, if you are married to a Philippine citizen then yes you will be covered regardless of visa status. I also seem to remember someone posting on this forum somewhere that the rules have now been changed to allow foreigners to register with Philhealth on their own.
Thats true, if your ableread http://www.philhealt...ing/member.html Edited by Call me Bubba

MikeB
Posted
Posted

You don't have to be married to get PhilHealth a single national "merely residing in the country" is eligible.http://www.philhealt...aying/faqs.html

• Like 3

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Thanks to you all it has cleared that one up for me.Kevin

daisy
Posted
Posted

More or less PHILHEALTH pays as much as 20 to 30 percent of your total hospital bills including PF. I figure this by approximately computing a friend's total bill of 220K and PH paid 44K pesos. He is an Expat who went a colostomy surgery.