Philhealth, How Much They Pay

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

as previously posted elsewhere in the forum,.

A measles epidemic is "raging" in some parts pf the country

I have not found this on the philhealth website it can be helpful to those

who may need this. in case its needed.
Philhealth now pays for being hopsitalized for measles 
here is the info and link

PhilHealth sets package to cover measles cases
by Jenny F. Manongdo
January 14, 2014

The Philippine Health Insurance (PhilHealth) Corporation announced on January 14

that it is now covering regular measles cases after outbreaks were observed in many areas in the National Capital Region and in some provinces.

PhilHealth President and CEO Alexander Padilla said measles was previously delisted from the case rate scheme list

because there was almost no admission of cases for simple measles.

However, complications from measles

such as pneumonia,

dehydration

and encephalitis (brain swelling) were continuously covered by PhilHealth.

PhilHealth spokesman Dr. Israel Francis Pargas said the simple measles case rate package will be revived this month.

Patients will be covered for P7.000.

Pargas said the coverage will be implemented retroactively  which means those who were admitted even from January 1 to 14 can file for PhilHealth claims.

Meanwhile, PhilHealth will reimburse P15.000 for measles cases with moderate pneumonia

and P32.000 for measles cases with severe pneumonia.

•  

•  

http://www.mb.com.ph/philhealth-sets-package-to-cover-measles-cases/

newbster
Posted
Posted

Bundy ( hope not Ted ) :-)If you have insurance that will cover you while living abroad i would say you are in the minority excluding military . You have a good point but venture to say that very few expats have that kind of insurance and given the low cost of the Phil health it's a no - brainer . Maybe more important is the fact that the Philhealth will get you into the hospital in case of emergency as foreign policies often require some extra paperwork . And , i think that most would agree that the Philippines is not particularly good at " paperwork " . :-)

It may be true that a lot of people don't have full medical insurance. I certainly don't have private health insurance here in Australia..........i can't afford it! But i can afford to carry up to 12 months and renewable travel insurance when i'm in the Philippines, it's not as expensive as you might think and provides everything and in some cases more than local medical insurance.

I'm not familiar with travel insurance. If someone retires permanently to RP does it make sense to carry travel insurance and can you tell us roughly what it costs per year? Is it based on age or is the rate age-independent? What roughly does it cover? I hadn't heard of this so some more general info would be really great. Thanks. :)