A Friend's Wife Needs A New Heart Valve, Where To Go?

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted

Here in Bacolod, up until last year, foreigners could only get PhilHealth if their Filipina spouse was enrolled and go on her policy. Only after that foreigners were allowed to get it on their own.

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted
Here in Bacolod, up until last year, foreigners could only get PhilHealth if their Filipina spouse was enrolled and go on her policy. Only after that foreigners were allowed to get it on their own.
hope that this can be assistance to those who where unaware of what insurance is available & about PHILHEALTHhttp://philippines-expats.com/index.php?/topic/10091-what-medical-coverage-is-availabel-for-a-foreigner/page__p__48403__hl__philhealth__fromsearch__1#entry48403

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted
They are in Tayud/Liloan/Cebu and have no Philhealth.I told them to apply,l but to use it for surgery means a minimum of a 6 month wait.I can't believe that they have lived in Cebu for so many years without knowing they could at least have had Philhealth.It only covers hospital fees, but that could be 1/4 to 1/3 of the total bill sometimes.We have tried all of the links online with no response as yet, but are still looking and applying anywhere we can, so keep sending the links here as you find them and I will be happy to try all of them.I am not looking for cash and do understand some people do such a thing.All we are wanting is the surgery if we can just find the right sponsor.I would never put myself in a position as trustee over any account, as cash only requests definitely would turn me off from donating.
here is the payment system of philhealth, you stated they needed 6months of coverage, here is the way to get them those 6months by next march2012.pay for this quarter, oct-dec2011(3months,) then pay 1st quarter,jan-march2012(3months)they now have those 6months, however... they do need to contact PHILHEALTH to make sure they need 6months not 9months,read the URL link listed below about coverage, Hope that this is helpful .......................................................................................................Quarterly Semi-annual Annual Pay until the last working day of the quarter being paid for.Example:Period: January to MarchDeadline: March 31 Pay until the last working day of the first quarter of the semester being paid for.Example:Period: January to JuneDeadline: March 31 Pay until the last working day of the first quarter of the year being paid for.Example:Period: January to DecemberDeadline: March 31http://www.philhealth.gov.ph/advisories/2011/adv07-02-2011.pdf
  • Like 1

Brucewayne
Posted
Posted

Okay, we checked into both government programs and they don't qualify under the programs because the poverty level here is less than $400.00 USD and they receive $800.00 per month.The Sweepstakes office only pays a one time payment of P10,000 and only if their income is below the poverty level as determined by the Philippine government.We do have a couple of leads, but so far, no answer.We can only hope we find the right program.

It wouldn't hurt to exhaust one's search on the internet! Here's a few that I just did a Google search!Good luck and best wishes to the lady who has the heart valve problem! http://www.pcso.gov....h-programs.htmlhttps://www.google.c...507l1.17.3l21l0

Brucewayne
Posted
Posted

I am not so sure that Medicaid or MediCal are valid here because Medicare is not usable here either.She has to go to Philhealth to sign up for coverage there, but that only covers the hospital room from what experience I had with them.Don't get me wrong, even a small help is a help and we are taking what ever steps we can to get this done.I am sure it is a long and hard trip though, or less people would die from simple things like this in this country every day.I am going to try AMERICAN association philippines as soon as I get out of this forum and for all the suggestions we are grateful.

Has lived in the philippines for several years, and has NO PHILHEALTH at a cost of only 1200php year.NO PLAN B. . (oh jesus)they should not walk BUT run to the PHILHEALTH office NOW to get enrolled.I was here for several yearsalways thought I could not get it, OH HxxLL was i wrong, I got mine in sept07, that was the 3rd quarter.so my premiums was paid from JULY so i got a extra 2 months coverage (backdated) .As ARt's post is helpful , check out those sources,,ALSO as i have posted before in other topics contactthe AMERICAN association philippines, they may be able to offer some kind of assistance(not financial),leads to how to work this situation out. MAYBE you can get this health issue worked out here, BUT,,keep in mind the US and its health policies treat those who have little or no income and the US hospitals does not keep its patients HOSTAGE if they cant pay. altho they will require some down paymentperhaps he is eligible for medicaid or mediCALthen again is PLAN B

Brucewayne
Posted
Posted

Thanks, I tried them and they said they only contacted relatives and/or friends of the patient in the states to ask for assistance, but do not provide assistance or anything that costs money.

They are in Tayud/Liloan/Cebu and have no Philhealth.I told them to apply,l but to use it for surgery means a minimum of a 6 month wait.I can't believe that they have lived in Cebu for so many years without knowing they could at least have had Philhealth.It only covers hospital fees, but that could be 1/4 to 1/3 of the total bill sometimes.We have tried all of the links online with no response as yet, but are still looking and applying anywhere we can, so keep sending the links here as you find them and I will be happy to try all of them.I am not looking for cash and do understand some people do such a thing.All we are wanting is the surgery if we can just find the right sponsor.I would never put myself in a position as trustee over any account, as cash only requests definitely would turn me off from donating.

Brucewayne
Posted
Posted (edited)

US Immigration says they can issue an emergency Visa, but the patient must pay or find someone who will provide transportation to the states, also the surgery must be prearranged, paid for, or what ever can be done so the patient isn't just dumped on a hospital unannounced.This all ends up costing even more money than it would to just have the procedure done here in the Philippines.

does she have her US visa? if not get one,then put her and her husband on the plane,simple. As the US will pay for most anything for US citizens & family members.At least she will have a GOOD CHANCE of being helped,, HERE. unless you have the $$you have no recourse..OH you may try PAGCOR (?) they give money for health related issues.
Edited by Brucewayne

Garpo
Posted
Posted

I doubt that they will do it for a foreigners wife but I have seen were Filipino's that need medical help and no money have gone to their Barangay Captain and local Mayor who then help to collect donations for the medical costs. The captain and mayor will usually write some type of letter that is then taken door to door asking for donations. Just something else that you might be able to check into.

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted
I am not so sure that Medicaid or MediCal are valid here because Medicare is not usable here either.She has to go to Philhealth to sign up for coverage there, but that only covers the hospital room from what experience I had with them.Don't get me wrong, even a small help is a help and we are taking what ever steps we can to get this done.I am sure it is a long and hard trip though, or less people would die from simple things like this in this country every day.I am going to try AMERICAN association philippines as soon as I get out of this forum and for all the suggestions we are grateful.
Has lived in the philippines for several years, and has NO PHILHEALTH at a cost of only 1200php year.NO PLAN B. . (oh jesus)they should not walk BUT run to the PHILHEALTH office NOW to get enrolled.I was here for several yearsalways thought I could not get it, OH HxxLL was i wrong, I got mine in sept07, that was the 3rd quarter.so my premiums was paid from JULY so i got a extra 2 months coverage (backdated) .As ARt's post is helpful , check out those sources,,ALSO as i have posted before in other topics contactthe AMERICAN association philippines, they may be able to offer some kind of assistance(not financial),leads to how to work this situation out.MAYBE you can get this health issue worked out here, BUT,,keep in mind the US and its health policies treat those who have little or no income and the US hospitals does not keep its patients HOSTAGE if they cant pay. altho they will require some down paymentperhaps he is eligible for medicaid or mediCALthen again is PLAN B
Medicaid,Medical(California state insurance) are programs in the USif you was in the US you maybe eligible for assistance in the US not outside,Just like Medicareif she is the "wife" of a us citizen she should have NO ISSUES of obtaining a B1/B2 visitors visa,get that US VISA. Yes Philhealth may not pay much, but EVERY LITTLE BIT HELPS, Good Luck, Hope that other FM understand the importance of a PLAN B.(i will open a new topic indirectly discussing this )

Bruce
Posted
Posted

I have always heard that 'they' punish those by long delays who get married and then apply for the wife's visa as compared to those who apply for a fiance visa which has certain time frames and loop holes to allow the US citizen to back out if wants to.