A Friend's Wife Needs A New Heart Valve, Where To Go?

Brucewayne
Posted
Posted

I have been in contact with the Elks Lodge in Manila and they might be able to help arrange a local procedure.I'll keep you all posted, but I will still keep searching just in case that doesn't pan out.Thanks again folks and keep the ideas coming if you can think of anything please.

• Like 2

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted
I have an American friend on a very limited budget and his wife is in need of a new heart valve.Where can they go for help?It would be a shame for a very nice, 34 year old woman to lose her life just because nobody knows where to start and she has no access to the money/services necessary for her survival.
Just curious,,1. HAS HE SOUGHT A 2nd medical opinion?2,Has he/she seen a "cardiologist"? (dont know the name of dr who treats this condtion)3. Has he tried to find a US trained Doctor who he can "relate" too?there are doctors here in the RP that are or have had some type of US training or education..SEEK OUT THESE Doctors,,,,(they do exist but it may be hard in some areas to find) 4. Contact the "medical" association .In this forum and in the "REAL" world sometimes a doctor sees a patient w/foreign spouse and he sees $$$$$$$$$$$$$ and the "true"condition may not be as worse as it actually is...

Brucewayne
Posted
Posted

The condition is congenital, meaning she was born with it and yes, she has seen many cardiologists through the years.They all say the same thing, simple, yet expensive surgery.We don't know of any cardiologists who were U.S. trained, but understand Doctor's Hospital in Mactan does have some doctors who were.

I have an American friend on a very limited budget and his wife is in need of a new heart valve.Where can they go for help?It would be a shame for a very nice, 34 year old woman to lose her life just because nobody knows where to start and she has no access to the money/services necessary for her survival.
Just curious,,1.HAS HE SOUGHT A 2nd medical opinion?2,Has he/she seen a "cardiologist"? (dont know the name of dr who treats thiscondtion)3.Has he tried to find a US trained Doctor who he can "relate" too?there are doctors here in the RP that are or have had some type of US training or education..SEEK OUT THESE Doctors,,,,(they do exist but it may be hard in some areas to find)4.Contact the "medical" association .In this forum and in the "REAL" world sometimes a doctor sees a patient w/foreign spouse and he sees $$$$$$$$$$$$$and the "true"condition may not be as worse as it actually is...
  • Like 1

Bruce
Posted
Posted

With this and most cardiac issues, a simple way to determine the severity of the condition is to look for a bluish color of the fingers and nails, count the breaths per minute (16-22 ok) and see what happens on step climbing, short run or fast walk. For a very bad valve issue, the person feels more comfortable in a squatting position.