A Negative Blood Needed Asap Cebu City

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted (edited)

Only 27 members have even read this topic at some stage,probably half are not in the Philippines and the other are no where near Cebu. This makes it difficult for anyone to get a message out or help, I'm sure members of another forum who have a much higher Cebu membership are the best option to push for help in this case.I have some ideas that my be of help to many but that wont happen till the day comes that I'm living there unfortunately.

Edited by Jollygoodfellow
- added itsy bit

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

This may not help but it is any idea that has been running through my head that I would like to bouce around.The hospital had a couple bags of A- blood when this started. It is used now. Do the other hospitals around Cebu have a couple bags on hand? Do they co-operate with each other (I seriously doubt they all do). Do they even communicate with each other? Would it be wise to canvass the other hospitals in the area to ask if they can spare some blood of that type?I have nothing else practical to offer as it seems the hospital in this case is going out of its way to quash every attempt the dear lady is making to find donors.

MikeB
Posted
Posted
This may not help but it is any idea that has been running through my head that I would like to bouce around.The hospital had a couple bags of A- blood when this started. It is used now. Do the other hospitals around Cebu have a couple bags on hand? Do they co-operate with each other (I seriously doubt they all do). Do they even communicate with each other? Would it be wise to canvass the other hospitals in the area to ask if they can spare some blood of that type?I have nothing else practical to offer as it seems the hospital in this case is going out of its way to quash every attempt the dear lady is making to find donors.
You can go to the other hospitals and they will sell it to you if they have it. That's the extent of the "cooperation". I would assume the wife has done this already but, unfortunately, this is a rare blood type. It's hindsight but it's best to have potential donors lined up before the emergency, especially if you have a rare type.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
I really feel for Ging, Del's who needs blood wife since they are making it so hard on her. I got another email from her telling me it still does not look good. She has gone to the red cross, went to public service radio and has been walking around asking foreigners as well as her family and friends and she managed to get 9 bags of blood but they want another one and they also want 4 bags of plasma.
You know with the large amount of visiting foreigners in Cebu for Sinulog a good place to search for donors would be at the hotels,it might be hard for a Filipino woman to get a response as some might think its a scam but a good place to look in my opinion.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Bumping this up again in case someone can help and donate blood. Please call or text Ging 0908-111-2890

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

OK just got an email from Ging and it seems they no longer need blood and Del seems to be improving, so thanks to all who helped and any prayers you may have tossed their way. :541: Please keep praying for him as he is not totally out of the woods yet. Below is part of her email to us." we managed to collect 11 bags of blood 9 of them is already transplant, and two bags are sereverd so we are ok on the blood...it was really heart breaking knowing he need a urgent surgery but cant couse of no blood.... his aneurism was already leaking thats why he lost lots of blood and was in severe pain..the doctors said his very lucky to have survived the surgery his hemoglobine before the surgery was down at 5 and and heart was very low too.. right now hemoglobine is 10.2 good sign.. hoping and praying that evrything is goin to be in the right track again."

• Like 2

volstateguy
Posted
Posted

Good to hear he got all the blood he needed and that his condition is improving.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Its good news. I like good news. And for Slim, take two aspirin before looking at the hospital bill. I heard aspirin can help prevent a heart attack.

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

It's truly good to know that Slim got the blood that he needed! All of us should hope & pray to be helped when we fall in dire straights and need blood! Get well soon Slim!

• 2 weeks later...
Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

I got an email from Del's wife Ging and thought I should share it.my husband is completely awake thank GOD he has no brain damage. he now can talk , breath without his breathing tube , can eat through his mouth no more feeding tube, can seat back for few minutes and his bp & hemoglobine is good. but his creatinine is high it was around 6 but with the hemodialysis went down a bit to 4.7 hopefully it will go down more so he will not need more dialysis. his kidney is affected by his aneurism. p.s thanks you all for all your thoughts and prayers.

• Like 4