Foreigners Hiding In The Philippines

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

To answer your question I guess I would only depending on the crime or danger the individual would be to those living in Philippines.There is a long history of persons moving to Philippines to avoid arrest and or to reinvent themselves. Not as easy today as in the past what with computers and money tracking and the like. Soon it may become be worthwhile for Philippines to search those persons out instead of playing $$$ along.

• Like 4

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

In the case you put forward.... a forum owner who has stolen investment money beat Filipinas and other crimes, we know those guys will float to the top in time. 1%20(72).gif It could be jail, deportation or motorcycle riding hit men. :hystery: Hmmm will we be reading about this in the local papers soon? :SugarwareZ-037:

• Like 4

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I was reading this one with great interest. I am a firm believer in doing what is right and for the right reasons. I had a great layout on what I wanted to present. And the wise JJR said it above better than I ever could! All I can add is "exactly"!

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)

After reading all of these VERY good comments. I have a couple of points to add:I remember reading of a security guard in Manila who shot someone committing a crime, he thought. He made it his business and thus shot a member of the film crew. Not sure if they left that scene in when making the movie.One reason for leaving Canada was to put as much distance as possible between me and an abusive exwife (verbal, emotional and financial kind of abuse so I use the term loosely). In that way, many of us are running FROM somewhere. I don't think of it that way but my point is that someone else might and that is why I prefer people stay out of my business in that very personal area. People in abusive relationships (victim and/or instigator) will probably not want your 'help'If an individual assists the authorities and later finds out it was a scam to coerce money from an individual, there is no way you can take back your well meant assistance. It comes back to not being trained police officers so not really knowing what we are doing when lending our help.When someone is said to be 'scamming' other foreigners of their investment, it oftentimes turns out to be a risky venture that all parties knew in advance was subject to the potential of failure. It seems to be human nature to instantly assume 'scam' when one loses money but the legal case is VERY hard to prove. (Google Celsar de Los Angelo if the spelling is right to see what I mean)Again, a very interesting topic and for each point that supports my position I can see how and why others would sit on the opposing side.Edit, let me just add that when individuals get involved in 'assisting the police' the end results have traditionally been vigilantism and posse's forming a 'necktie party'. Is that good or bad? Another topic I think.2nd Edit, for some of us there is a deciding moment in our lives when a certain opinion is formed. For me, when I was sixteen I saw an acquaintance stealing. Not knowing whether to say anything I turned to my father for advice. He was a cop. He insisted I 'rat' on the guy. The guy ended up getting off (not enough evidence). He knew the same friends I knew and my life for the next 5 years was hell. I was 'the rat'. I don't get involved in that kind of crap now.

Edited by Dave Hounddriver
  • Like 1
  • Love it 1