Best Burger?

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Actually I was in Hooters, manila bay the other day & have to say there burgers looked quite good although I didnt order one, the guys on the nearby table all ordered them and seemed to enjoy.....also TGI's look quite good, amybe Ill try one next time and report back here!

The Hard Rock Cafe's I have eaten at all over the world have always had good burgers, but you have to pay the tourist prices.  However, I have not tried a burger at the HR in Makati.

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted (edited)

Today we stopped at the Meats Plus Cafe in Subic Bay Freeport Zone and had some good burgers.  As far as the meat, it was probably the best I have had in the Philippines.  I read somewhere that Meats Plus is one of the original Freeport tenants, so apparently they have been there for years.

They have a small freezer near the order counter, with frozen steaks and burgers.  All are labeled as "US".  I didn't look at all the prices but a pack of burgers was p380 per unit.  Stupid me I did not note if that was lbs or kilos, but I think it must have been kilos.  I will look next time.  You can buy a steak from the freezer and they will cook it up for p100 and I think some sides are included, but I am not sure.

I had the Meats Plus Burger combo, which is a double burger that comes with big thick fries, coleslaw and a drink, for p225.  The patties were a bit small but nicely cooked with a home grill type of flavor.  I'm sure this was 100% beef with no fillers.  Served on a kaiser bun, dry, with lettuce, tomato and onion, but dry.  You add what you want, but I only added ketchup.  I didn't see what else they had but I am guessing they had mustard around if you wanted it.  Abby had the cheeseburger combo for p180, single patty with jack cheese, I think.

I enjoyed the burgers and I will go back.  I like Army Navy usually too, but they use fillers in the meat, and I think Meats Plus is a better deal.  Meats Plus Cafe is a fairly nice place too.  Very big and kind of like a US Marie Calendars feel inside, but not quite that nice.  The men's CR was very clean and nice.  Service was fine.

Best burger? Probably not but the meat was good, so they deserve at least an honorable mention!   :thumbsup:

Edited by OnMyWay
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...
Daydreamer
Posted
Posted
Ever tried their burgers at Burger King in the U.S.? I swear they mix soy beans into their hamburgers, because when ever I fart, people can't hold their breathslong enough before they make to the door!

I have! I used to live in that joint (or actually behind it in an apartment) :hystery: :hystery: :hystery: :hystery: :hystery:

Daydreamer
Posted
Posted
Actually, I'm really not that critical on choosing a hamburger joint. Jollibee or Macdoo-doo is fine with me.

Well, I have to lay off the Jollibee for a bit because their Aloha burger(I can't get enough of that one :dance: )keeps tying my stomach up in knots, While I'm Cebu, I think I will go on a burger treasure hunt

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
imonacan
Posted
Posted

This is all encouraging, for me.. as I love a good burger. Something better,. than a Jollybee or Mc burger. Sure like the looks of that charbroiled big Carcar burger, as I think I'll be eventually living around there  :)

• Like 1

Medic Mike
Posted
Posted

For me it has to be the burgers in Cebu at the Army Navy over by IT Park. Get the Navy Burger with curly frys, you won't regret it! Making myself hungry just thinking about it. :)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Today, my birthday, we went to Fridays here in Subic Bay Freeport for the first time.  Instead of a birthday dinner, we had a big late lunch, and I had the Jack Daniels Burger.  It was very good!  I think it was the biggest burger I have ever had, probably 1/2 pound of good burger meat.  No fillers and cooked very good.  Pricey though, p450.  I am not normally a Fridays fan but if I have the craving for a great burger I will go back and temporarily clog a few arteries!

So that burger has moved to the top spot, and my rank now is:

1.  Fridays

2.  Meats Plus

3.  Army Navy

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
threadstone
Posted
Posted

for me the best burger is McDonalds Quarter Pounder.. Money is really worth on this one...