Best Burger?

Bundy
Posted
Posted (edited)
post-1362-0-75614800-1332667203_thumb.jp
Try this little sucker 12 inches wide :)post-747-0-56770300-1332324000_thumb.jpg
That'd go well with a Darwin stubby. Edited by Bundy
  • Like 1

Braddo
Posted
Posted

Yep they would go hand in hand I would say Bundy all you would need is a nice little spot to have a lay down afterwoods

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
mort
Posted
Posted

In Bretto's, in Angeles City Pampanga :)

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

The best burger(close to US burger) was at Nigi Nigi in Boracay. But they always use that fake tasting cheese on it though. But anyway, it's easy to make burger. You can grind your own meat using sirloin or chuck, add some mustard, salt, pepper and worcestershire sauce and then you get a juicy burger from the grill. As for the meat, you can always tell that it's a Filipino beef just like the chicken. It must be the feed the absence of hormones, lol.

:unsure: Odd how these things come up every now and then, here, on other Forums and even just talking, in the Bar or Resto, The main problem with trying to buy or cook anything that is Authentic is the original ingredients. The tops Chefs in the world could never produce the exact thing we want, if they do not have the things they need. Don't blame the tools so to speak all we can hope for, is the type or style of anything. Thai type Food, English type bacon, I am afraid that until we can source the exact things we need to produce what we need I feel it is always going to be an AMERICAN STYLE this or that How can we have Anything we are used to, if the Ingredients don't come from where the item is best made. I hazard a Guess, that even the Big Mac is different here, to in Kentucky or London (Unless they import Frozen Burgers) You know even the Filipinos here in Spain, Complain that the food they serve, is not as good as at home, as they can't get the ingredients they want. works both ways. In Europe and I guess, the US or Anywhere, these Multi chain Burger companies Source the Meat in Bulk so as to have a consistency of the end result. What I am trying say, is if it is not US Beef Proper, How can it turn out a Proper US Burger. IMHO the locals are not that good at turning out a decent Burger, even if they had the right ingredient. ( and this is first for me, to admit a failing from a local) But my wife has had many attempts at making Burgers, even she will admit it is not a total success. For me a Good Burger needs TLC in the preparation of the Pate

I do the frying of Meat like, Frikadila, Ground Pork, Onions and Flour, Quick fried and served with coleslaw and Tomato. I am no chef but Then, I don't try and emulate something English as it will never happen. Here I think Guys and gals, we will have to settle FOR US or Any Other Country STYLE or TYPE of Anything.

Until we can get the Authentic ingredients of any dish we may just have to settle for the best of what we can find

i saw once on a Resto a bill board in GIBRALTAR, "ENGLISH FISH AND CHIPS. mmmm I thought and asked where do you get the Fish? OH Spain was the answer :no: for me the only place to get any authentic anything is to go to where it is from

Just my Wednesday Morning Thought here

Jack P. :tiphat:

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Ah, yes! English style Fish and Chips!

I was in South Hampton (England) back in the mid-80s and I thought I would have some good old Fish and Chips... I'm looking at the types of fish they offered and I asked the girl behind the counter where they got the fish from... "Oh, off the Grand Banks by Newfoundland in Canada" was her reply... So I jokingly asked her where they got their potatos from... "We use imported potatos! They come from Prince Edward Island in Canada!"... So much for leaving home for some good old English Fish and Chips!

:mocking:

• Like 1

Jake
Posted
Posted

Super size in southern California!

post-686-0-84971800-1339600340_thumb.jpg

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Super size in southern California!

post-686-0-84971800-1339600340_thumb.jpg

Is that one of those places where it is free if you can eat the whole thing?

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Ah, yes! English style Fish and Chips!

I was in South Hampton (England) back in the mid-80s and I thought I would have some good old Fish and Chips... I'm looking at the types of fish they offered and I asked the girl behind the counter where they got the fish from... "Oh, off the Grand Banks by Newfoundland in Canada" was her reply... So I jokingly asked her where they got their potatoes from... "We use imported potatoes! They come from Prince Edward Island in Canada!"... So much for leaving home for some good old English Fish and Chips!

:mocking:

:hystery: Ain't that the Truth, cheers Bob, that blew My theory right the window. Another of these things we will get to the end of :lol:

• Like 1

retired
Posted
Posted

Don't live in Cebu or Manila so can't compare their burgers . But , can describe my burger experience in Northern Mindanao . Basically , there is no burger experinece in Northern Mindanao unless one considers McDoo a burger . Being from the southern portion of the US i do savor a quality burger along with the ribs and other goodies . Here in Cagayan de Oro we are fortunate to have an expat hangout run by an Aussie who is/was a Chef by profession .

Now , sometimes i get strange looks when i am there because i often will order a burger instead of one of the other multiple choices . Some guys just attribute it to me being a Yank and some to just being cheap . Actually , some of both . :-) Truth is they have the best burgers in town because they know ground beef and the staff was taught by the owner . And moe importantly , however you want it that's how you can get it . Now , being a small guy , i normally just order the regular but there is a jumbo available that takes up the whole plate . You can not eat it like a regular burger . Have to cut it in half then have a go . Buns are made fresh by adjacent local English baker .

Have told the owner that his place has become my MacDoos away from home but truth is i never ate at McDoos state side prior to coming to the Philippines . He just laughs and shakes his head . After all , i am a Yank and everyone knows Yanks/Americans are weird . :-)

• Like 1

phildiver
Posted
Posted

Chili's Manila