Best Burger?

joeatmanila
Posted
Posted

WoW!!! I am surprised!!! The best burgers and hotdogs (specially some street carts hotdogs in NY...my my!!!) i ever tasted are in US.I can't believe when i see the american guys saying that they like the burgers here. I tried each and every big firm in Philippines with Burgoo burger and yesterday at Fort Bonifacion a place called Burger Avenue to be the ones i could go again but not even a foot close to the burgers you get in US (not talking fast food burgers, they are crap there too).I am fat and love food. In US is the best burgers, the best hot dogs, the best finger food i ever tasted. After that if Philippines is serving decent burgers anywhere then i am the pope....

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted
Is there a legitimet health concern or is this a case of Filipino pride and stepping on the toes of the elites?

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
Is there a legitimet health concern
When I read the article, it occured to me that there may be, but no more of a health concern than with local meat products. And I cannot see it interfering with local meat producers as there are no local producers of American style beef.

Mike S
Posted
Posted
I just remembered that this topic came up last year so burger afficionados may want to check out this thread: What Is The Best Burger You Have Found I Phil?
No wonder Dave, the guy's ingredients for his burgers all come from outside of the Philippines like the U.S., Thailand and New Zealand, but all cooked in the Philippines! Nothing local about it is there, but as long it tastes great that's OK for anyone who loves a good burger! I'm more of a pizza kind of guy, I just got sidetracked when I had a juicy hamburger at ARMY NAVY and have been going there every week so far, but not just for their burgers! Their burritos, french fries and onion rings are also good, but my wife doesn't like their fried chicken!
Hey Art ...... maybe we can make a deal ..... I'll send you slices of pizza from S&R and you send me burgers from Army Navy ...... or if you have an S&R there I'll send you 50p for a dozen Army Navy burgers ...... :540: ...... :hystery: :hystery:
  • Like 2

Tatoosh
Posted
Posted

I do love the Army Navy carnita burritos too, though next time I'm gonna try them with the rice on the side, not in the tortilla wrap. I'm not so sold on their burgers but my family loves them. The local SM is selling "Australian" ground beef for 275p a kilo. Way expensive compared to the regular stuff offered. But I like it. Not quite enough fat for me, but I'm looking at ways to up the fat content of the burger a tad. Good burgers should be in the 80/20 area. Low fat ground beef is not good burger material.

Art2ro
Posted
Posted
I'm more of a pizza kind of guy, I just got sidetracked when I had a juicy hamburger at ARMY NAVY and have been going there every week so far, but not just for their burgers! Their burritos, french fries and onion rings are also good, but my wife doesn't like their fried chicken! Hey Art ...... maybe we can make a deal ..... I'll send you slices of pizza from S&R and you send me burgers from Army Navy ...... or if you have an S&R there I'll send you 50p for a dozen Army Navy burgers ...... ......
P50 for a dozen of ARMY NAVY burgers? A dozen burgers comes out to P1,740! You own me P1,690! The dozen burgers are on their way to you via FedEx C.O.D! :hystery:
  • Like 3

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
P50 for a dozen of ARMY NAVY burgers? A dozen burgers comes out to P1,740! You own me P1,690! The dozen burgers are on their way to you via FedEx C.O.D!
Is that the foreigner price?
  • Like 2

Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)
P50 for a dozen of ARMY NAVY burgers? A dozen burgers comes out to P1,740! You own me P1,690! The dozen burgers are on their way to you via FedEx C.O.D!
Is that the foreigner price?
No, it's not a Kano price! It's the P.I. ARMY NAVY price at P145 per the classic single burger, hence P1,740 per dozen that Mike S ordered! Now, when is my pizza getting here, must be hot and newly made too! Alabang S & R is only a 30 minute drive to our house! No C.O.D. please! Mike, send it prepaid, including the tip and delivery! I'll reimburse you later at the Filipino price and not at the Kano price! :hystery: http://www.munchpunc...lorietta-5/menu Edited by Art2ro
  • Like 2

Mike S
Posted
Posted

You guys are good ..... :hystery: ...... Hey Art ... no problem and just to show you what a good guy I am .... I sent you a check for 2740p .... it's just the way I am .... Ohhhhhhhh and about the pizza's .... one dropped on the floor but luckily the dog licked all the dirt off it before I put it back in the box ..... but not to worry I brush his teeth everyday ..... but I can't for the life of me remember if that is before or after he licks his whats-a-ma-call-it ...... anyway you might luck out cause that might be the one the Fed-Ex dong eats ..... and then again .... maybe not ..... :hystery:

• Like 3