To Retire At 56? Or Rough It Out...

stevewool
Posted
Posted

We all would like to have so much in the bank before we make the move, but what is enough, thats the magic question, just dont leave it to late

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
AndyJPA
Posted
Posted

Just curious, what did you decide?

bows00
Posted
Posted

Right now, I am leaning towards moving there October 2017, Subic Freeport. I will be living on my pension, rental income and investments without touching my TSP (401K, will allow to compound until I reach my number).

All the financial numbers seem to be ok, but I'm still uneasy about it when I think about the amount I am leaving on the table...

• Like 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
leaving on the table...

Better to leave it on the table then wait till your under the grass :thumbsup:

• Like 4

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

I'm still uneasy about it when I think about the amount I am leaving on the table...

Don't worry some of it will need to go under the table when you get here. :rolleyes:

JP :tiphat:  :mocking:

• Like 3

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

I'm still uneasy about it when I think about the amount I am leaving on the table...

Don't worry some of it will need to go under the table when you get here. :rolleyes:

JP :tiphat:  :mocking:

Nice one Jack

Curley
Posted
Posted

Right now, I am leaning towards moving there October 2017, Subic Freeport. I will be living on my pension, rental income and investments without touching my TSP (401K, will allow to compound until I reach my number).

All the financial numbers seem to be ok, but I'm still uneasy about it when I think about the amount I am leaving on the table...

I had the same doubts as you, then the 2008 crash wiped out a lot of my assets and future income. I have now been retired 2 years and am loving it PLUS I found that I do not need anything like as much money as I had planned on "needing".

• Like 5

bows00
Posted
Posted

I had the same doubts as you, then the 2008 crash wiped out a lot of my assets and future income

I could never understand why so many people lost their life savings, I had all my assets in stocks when it turned in 2008, but kept it invested and just bought more. My returns have more than doubled since then...

"The only way you get hurt on a roller coaster is if you jump off..."

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
"The only way you get hurt on a roller coaster is if you jump off..."

How True, if the money People did not take a gamble, our pension pots would be worth Little. :unsure:

JP :tiphat: