16 Month Ending Soon. Visa/ticket Questions

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

If this is your first time to go for an ecc, remember to bring some extra tissues or a rag. When they take your fingerprints you will end up with ink all over your hands and if someone is in the CR, where are you gonna clean up? And of course everyone going to BI needs to remember the all important pen.

But yes, good info. did you notice the big guy at the desk looks like a foreigner? I'm sure he is not but I bet his daddy is.

• Like 1

MikeB
Posted
Posted

Just curios how much your throw away promo ticket actually cost. The HOng Kong 5J promo would Have cost me about 2500P.

Air Asia ticket from Clark>Kota Kinabalu was p1090 total.

• Like 2

samatm
Posted
Posted

Just curios how much your throw away promo ticket actually cost. The HOng Kong 5J promo would Have cost me about 2500P.

That is too cool. KK is nice place. See the Orangutangs. Maybe not throw it away but use it !

adventureguy
Posted
Posted

I do not know what the maximum is. Perhaps you could buy your exit ticket to coincide with your next 16 month departure and then you will save a bit. That assumes that the airline will even sell a ticket that far in advance. A year in advance might work though.

Airlines rarely offer available flights beyond 9 months out.
  • Like 1

MikeB
Posted
Posted

That is too cool. KK is nice place. See the Orangutangs. Maybe not throw it away but use it !

Well, I showed the single ticket to my wife not telling her that it's a throwaway and she's going crazy thinking I'm going there by myself. I told her it's the wildest place in the world, I call it Kota Kambuli lol.

• Like 2

TexasRangersFan
Posted
Posted

I just got the ECC last week, I think you need 3 - 2x2 pics. Everything else looks ok. Good luck.

Yes. My mistake. it is 3 pictures.

I was interrupted while typing. ha ha.

TexasRangersFan
Posted
Posted

I am doing the Visa run to Honkie Town. 5J (Cebu Pacific) cheapie promo. Round trip was 5K with 20 Kilo and 30 kilo luggage. My wife is coming with me and she will help me with the BB (Balikbayan upon re-entery) .

Throwaway ticket - needed only for reentry into the country. I will buy mine at the HKG airport from Cathay Pacific - Why because its refundable - $25 cancellation fee.

I bought a ticket online via Cebu Pacific. 1 way to Hong Kong on July 26th purchased about 6 weeks before flight cost 3898.00 pesos. This is a regular fare ticket.

The change or cancel fees are confusing but I am sure they will be high but not higher than buying another ticket. I will find out more on that later.

I plan to change the destination on the ticket after I get my 38 day extension.

We plan on moving somewhere up near Manila after I return.

Since they have given her 10,000 in travel fund for the cancellation of their flights to Singapore we will use that for her and I to travel to Tacloban City then back to Cebu. Then the remainder of the two tickets combined for us to travel from Cebu to Manila along with our things.

• Like 1

TexasRangersFan
Posted
Posted

If this is your first time to go for an ecc, remember to bring some extra tissues or a rag. When they take your fingerprints you will end up with ink all over your hands and if someone is in the CR, where are you gonna clean up? And of course everyone going to BI needs to remember the all important pen.

But yes, good info. did you notice the big guy at the desk looks like a foreigner? I'm sure he is not but I bet his daddy is.

Yes. It is my first ECC.

When we were there in April we saw that they had nothing to remove the ink from your fingers so we thought we would bring fingernail polish remover a washcloth in a ziplock sandwich bag and a small bottle of water.

I forgot to add that part

Like I said. she interrupted me while I was typing. ha ha.

Yes. I think his papa was most likely a foreigner.

• Like 1

TexasRangersFan
Posted
Posted

Went to BI office Cebu today.

Getting my Exit Clearance. Found out somethings were a bit differant than last month.

I got 4 pictures at the place next to the BI office. Cost was 150 pesos. They don't take just 3. Must have 4.

There is no longer any smoking outside the door of the BI office. You now have to go out next to the road to smoke. No matter how long you are there.

They did not look at my Itinerary. I wrote it down on the form. They only looked at my Passport and my ACR-I card.

Cost was 500 pesos. But it took over 2 hours.

• Like 3