Have You Ever Been Mugged?

mofungo
Posted
Posted

Don't mean to be a downer but has it happened or been attempted on you or friends/firsthand exp.?Here in 'safe' Japan I've had my business broken into, my MIL had her vending machines drilled out. Friends have been burgled to the tune of 10K$'s. Smash and grab of pocketbooks in unoccupied cars happens in rashes. Old ladies get scammed at the door by impersonators etc. But mugging is rare.Thanks in advance,Mofungo

• Like 2

redhorse
Posted
Posted

Yes I've been mugged. During broad daylight. He just showed me his guns and told me to show him my wallet. . My pal has been robbed too. take care. Redhorse

• Like 1

billten
Posted
Posted

Yup, three times so far. Every time was in New York City...

• Like 2

mofungo
Posted
Posted
Haha, well, hope you were unharmed. I had a knife pulled on me in NYC but I was young,drunk and stupid, now I'm old, drunk, and wiser.
  • Like 2

billten
Posted
Posted
Haha, well, hope you were unharmed. I had a knife pulled on me in NYC but I was young,drunk and stupid, now I'm old, drunk, and wiser.
Stupid thing was, when i first arrived in NY i worked at the NY academy of Karate, twice i was held up as i came out from locking up the studio late in the evening.
  • Like 1

Genius
Posted
Posted

Yes multiple times, there was ruth the mugger, then sasha the mugger, then katherine the mugger. Location does not bother these muggers and never needed a gun or knife to completely clear me out. Come, to think of it i think nicki might of mugged me yesterday too.

• Like 4

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

this is a old post but it should still be viewed as Who knows when this could occur to you or me?http://philippines-expats.com/index.php?/topic/10961-graphic-warning-i-was-a-victim-of-a-scam-during-my-last-visit-to-cebu

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
joeatmanila
Posted
Posted

Yes twice in Greece on a gun point inside a store selling men's shirts i used to own, once they took 150euro and a bag of shirts and the second time 2000euro which i had to deposit at the bank after an hour that i would close for the mid-day's brake.

In Philippines, once somone tried to climb my fence to pick a small blue bag besides the window on my second floor, the iron bar broke, made noise going down and he runned away.

another time someone was looking through my fence (3am) and my dogs attacked on the fence he runned away screaming in fear...got caught by the subdivision guards he told me he was admiring my wife's bonsai's, at 3am!!!!!, gave him to the police i have no clue after it.

• Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted
he told me he was admiring my wife's bonsai's, at 3am

Let that be a lesson to you Jake ....... next time you get caught peeping through the fence OR WINDOW ....... don't use the excuse above ...... it's already been tried ...... :mocking: .... he was caught however one time trying to snatch a pair of 44 DDD flopper-stoppers from a neighbors clothesline with a bamboo pole ..... he claimed he was sending them to the folks in the province so they could carry their watermelons to the market ...... I might add that that excuse didn't work for him either ....... :hystery: :hystery: :hystery:

Been lucky so far never even had an attempt but that doesn't mean it won't happen today or tomorrow or next week ..... pays to watch you 6's anywhere you go in this world ..... :thumbsup:

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Once a few years ago while down town Cebu City I had a street kid try to pick my pockets. I yelled "Thief! Thief!" and he took off.

In the late 90's about 8PM my wife and I were walking in a public place a couple of guys seemed to be following us. I stopped turned around and made eye contact with them they turned around and walked away. Not sure what the deal was.

For the most part I feel safer in Philippines than when we visit downtown Seattle.

• Like 3