English As A Second Language (Esl)

ThommoPerth
Posted
Posted

Does any one know where my gf can do a ESL course in Cebu? or even English?

Thanks

ekimswish
Posted
Posted

Thanks

I thought you meant where she could teach ESL, at first. I found this list with a quick Google search:

Cebu

AITI www.aiticebu.com

CDU ESL Center www.cduesl.com

CIA Cebu International Academy www.cebucia.com

Cebu International School www.cis.edu.ph

Cebu Languages www.cebulanguages.com

CIE British School www.cie.edu

Cleverlearn www.cleverlearncebu.com

Harvest Christian International School more info www.hcsinternational.org

Philinter Center for English Language more info

QQ English qqeng.com

Singapore School Cebu singaporeschoolcebu.com

Southeast Asia English Experience Institute more info

http://www.eslbase.com/schools/philippines

• 1 year later...
jwb912
Posted
Posted

Greetings Expats, I have a Masters in Adult Education, and I was interested in teaching ESL. Does anyone know of any ESL requirements in the Visayan islands? Thanks.... Jimmy

Papa Carl
Posted
Posted

Thanks

Currently the government has allocated over 8 million pesos, which was added to the previous 17 million pesos, just for this purpose.

It is in control of all TESDA accredited colleges. It provides 200 hours of free English Language teaching specifically for Filipinos who want to get a job in the BPO (Call Centre) industry. 

This training is free, and often most of the students are offered positions in local call centres.

I will post the details later, as all TESDA accredited colleges can partake of this, but not all do.

I do know that quite a few Tesda accredited schools in Cebu have taken this up, as several million were allocated to Cebu.

Papa Carl

• Like 2

• 6 months later...
sunrise7bi
Posted
Posted

Thanks

I thought you meant where she could teach ESL, at first. I found this list with a quick Google search:

Cebu

AITI www.aiticebu.com

CDU ESL Center www.cduesl.com

CIA Cebu International Academy www.cebucia.com

Cebu International School www.cis.edu.ph

Cebu Languages www.cebulanguages.com

CIE British School www.cie.edu

Cleverlearn www.cleverlearncebu.com

Harvest Christian International School more info www.hcsinternational.org

Philinter Center for English Language more info

QQ English qqeng.com

Singapore School Cebu singaporeschoolcebu.com

Southeast Asia English Experience Institute more info

http://www.eslbase.com/schkools/philippines

Thanks for sharing :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...
Medic Mike
Posted
Posted

I recall reading here about the Japanese man who was robbed of his camera and quite a bit of cash not too long ago. You might also have read the thread "If your name is Singh, get out of town". It was a human interest piece from my point of view and sparked a lively discussion of money lending as a business in the Philippines. There have been threads about non-westerners but you can't expect a great deal of threads about them until we get more non-westerners on the forum to bring the issues up. Even the threads about non-westerners migrate from their original topic to anything that may be related to the members of the forum because most people will not sit around and post in the abstract. If you don't believe me, how would you like to have a discussion of Five Space N-Dimentional Non-Euclidiean Geometry? Would such a discussion be worthy of your time, or of no real interest to you?

We are also so far off topic right now that I need an aircon bus ticket to get back. :)

LOL......we are wayyyyyy off topic, forget the bus, I think we need the space shuttle. :)

• Like 1

Jake
Posted
Posted (edited)

I recall reading here about the Japanese man who was robbed of his camera and quite a bit of cash not too long ago. You might also have read the thread "If your name is Singh, get out of town". It was a human interest piece from my point of view and sparked a lively discussion of money lending as a business in the Philippines. There have been threads about non-westerners but you can't expect a great deal of threads about them until we get more non-westerners on the forum to bring the issues up. Even the threads about non-westerners migrate from their original topic to anything that may be related to the members of the forum because most people will not sit around and post in the abstract. If you don't believe me, how would you like to have a discussion of Five Space N-Dimentional Non-Euclidiean Geometry? Would such a discussion be worthy of your time, or of no real interest to you?

We are also so far off topic right now that I need an aircon bus ticket to get back. :)

LOL......we are wayyyyyy off topic, forget the bus, I think we need the space shuttle. :)

I'm way ahead of you guys....already got blasted with some cold Corona's spiked with salt and lime.

I had to scroll all the way up to the page to see what the hell the OP was about.  From ThommoPerth's

original question: Does anyone know where my gf can do a ESL course in Cebu? or even English? 

Gentlemen (all of us), let's stick with the program.  To Robert K.....way to go soldier from covering my six.

Respectfully -- Jake

Edited by Jake
spil chek
  • Like 1

MikeB
Posted
Posted

All of the posts not related to the OP's question

have been moved here. Please feel free to continue the crime discussion there.