Posted
Posted (edited)

Like this:

post-58-0-84905900-1336398293_thumb.jpg

Edited by samatm

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
I wsnt kidding about the wild boar hunting in the mountains of leyte. I know several (locals) that do it. They hop in their muddin' Toyota landrovers and head out to some ol'd boys old coco plantation that hasn't been cultivated in years.. and start a huntin' . I am hankerin' to join the party but I'm not "in" yet.

A friend of mine inherited a large tract of land on the Big Island of Hawaii. Her father had planted thousands of guava trees to make puree or juice from the fruit. High labor costs forced the family to abandon the project. After inheriting the property, my friend couldn't sell the land because it would be contrary to her ancestral beliefs as a Native Hawaiian. But there were lots of wild pigs running around eating the ripe guavas that fell from the trees. Being entrepreneurial, she offered hunters the opportunity to hunt and shoot wild pigs in exchange for a $300 fee per kill. The fee increased to $500 if you accidentally shot a female. You could take pictures with the kill, but if you wanted the head to mount on a wall, that's an extra $150. The meat was processed to sell to top gourmet restaurants worldwide. Because the wild pigs are feeding on guava fruits, they are averaging $9 a pound wholesale. The most expensive cut is pork belly for bacon. That's $20 a pound. The restaurant is probably selling it at $75 a plate with trimmings.

• Like 4

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I'm not sure but I have heard that there is a fair amount of hunting under the escalators in the mall...

:mocking:

• Like 4

Jake
Posted
Posted

I'm not sure but I have heard that there is a fair amount of hunting under the escalators in the mall...

:mocking:

Oooh yeah, plenty of beavers all year around......he, he.

• Like 4

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

I thought beavers were protected?

• 4 years later...
Gerardo GF Erese
Posted
Posted

REPUBLIC ACT NO. 9147

AN ACT PROVIDING FOR THE CONSERVATION AND PROTECTION OF WILDLIFE RESOURCES AND THEIR HABITATS, APPROPRIATING FUNDS THEREFOR AND FOR OTHER PURPOSES-

SECTION 27. Illegal Acts. — Unless otherwise allowed in accordance with this Act, it shall be unlawful for any person to willfully and knowingly exploit wildlife resources and their habitats, or undertake the following acts:

x  x  x

f) collecting, hunting or possessing wildlife, their by-products and derivatives;

x  x  x

SECTION 28. Penalties for Violations of this Act. — For any person who undertakes illegal acts under paragraph (a) of the immediately preceding section to any species as may be categorized pursuant to this Act, the following penalties and/or fines shall be imposed:

(a) imprisonment of a minimum of six (6) years and one (1) day to twelve (12) years and/or a fine of One hundred thousand pesos (100,000.00) to One million pesos (1,000,000.00), if inflicted or undertaken against species listed as critical;

(b) imprisonment of four (4) years and one (1) day to six (6) years and/or a fine of Fifty thousand pesos (P50,000.00) to Five hundred thousand pesos (P500,000.00), if inflicted or undertaken against endangered species;

(c) imprisonment of two (2) years and one (1) day to four (4) years and/or a fine of Thirty thousand pesos (P30,000.00) to Three hundred thousand pesos (P300,000.00), if inflicted or undertaken against vulnerable species;    ADEHTS

(d) imprisonment of one (1) year and one (1) day to two (2) years and/or a fine of Twenty thousand pesos (P20,000.00) to Two hundred thousand pesos (P200,000.00), if inflicted or undertaken against other threatened species; and

(e) imprisonment of six (6) months and one (1) day to one (1) year and/or a fine of Ten thousand pesos (P10,000.00) to One hundred thousand pesos (P100,000.00), if inflicted or undertaken against other wildlife species.

• Like 1

Bruce
Posted
Posted
On ‎5‎/‎3‎/‎2012 at 4:48 AM, Jollygoodfellow said:

Plenty of hunting on Jolo island, you just need to adjust your target perceptions. :tiphat:

Well, since you are from Down Under, I shall excuse you, but there was such an episode on Gilligan's Island in 1967 staring Rory Calhoun as the hunter and Gilligan as the huntee. As usual, Gilligan lived, was stuck on the island while the guest star flew a helicopter off and back to Hawaii!   

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0588098/?ref_=ttep_ep3

A big-game hunter arrives on the island. Upon learning there is nothing on the island to hunt, he chooses instead to hunt one of the castaways--and he chooses Gilligan.

robert k
Posted
Posted (edited)
On 5/6/2012 at 1:25 PM, ekimswish said:

Speaking of hunting boars or birds or monkeys or whatever they have available, anyone ever thought of doing it with bow and arrow? Just watched a Taiwanese epic movie about the Aboriginals here rebelling against the colonial Japanese, and saw a lot of bow and arrow action. Of course they had guns, too, and a gun provides a certain level of satisfaction in terms of power, but bow and arrow seems a little purer to me. Guns make it too easy.

Just as illegal for a foreigner as a firearm.

As a boy I used to hunt with a throwing club (after hunting with rifle-shotgun then pistol, difference being how close you must get) a handy piece of mesquite wood that naturally grew in mostly the right shape and size. Might be legal for a foreigner to own that  :89:.

People get mad at me because they don't expect someone my size to walk soundlessly. I just call them stompers.:hystery:

Edited by robert k

RBM
Posted
Posted

Interesting, what area of Leyte is this?. Some years ago spent considerable time based in Ormoc, we did a lot of off road riding and hiking to very remote areas. Lots of bird life, but no amimal life, never heard about wild boars although native pigs were common.