The Advantage Of Being An Old Daddy

Jake
Posted
Posted

Two advantages I can think of are 1 hopefully more financially secure 2 Hopefully wiser. Disadvantage too old to run around with them when they are teenagers.

These days, not all of us are financially secured anymore. Some of us are totally dependent on limited fixed

income like pension and social security. Perhaps wiser but probably set his old ways, like a stubborn billy

goat who may have lost the patience in dealing with 24/7 crying and changing diapers.

Additionally, some of us have serious health issues with strict schedules of medication and limited movement.

I think I deserve the last of my "golden years" to finally be with my wife (she needs a break too) to be by my

side, while watching the sunset as well as the sunrise.

May I please have another San Magoo sunset -- Jake

• Like 5

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

:th_thbestpost: :cheersty:

bows00
Posted
Posted
I may or may not be too old or young... but I am done.

never say never again ....................... if you are planning to hooked up with a filipina .......... shooting-two-guns.gif

(youve been warned ................. :mocking: )

It's funny how the Filipino culture just changes you... that is exactly what happened to my friend. From what I know, this baby was NOT an accident. He wanted to give his new wife a baby, and now he is a changed man. I can't explain it, but he's coming from a different place - smiles and laughs a lot more... he is obviously happier...more mellow...and cut back from swearing every other word...

I can't remember who said this, but it went something like this...

"The quickess way to change a man's attitude is to change his paradigm, his mental map of the way he views his world. And the quickess way to change his paradigm, is to just change his role... like becoming a new supervisor, or like becoming a father for the first time ..."

Yes, my friend obviously views life so differently now. This is something gifted to all fathers, regardless of age...

• Like 4

jode
Posted
Posted (edited)
I may or may not be too old or young... but I am done.

never say never again ....................... if you are planning to hooked up with a filipina .......... shooting-two-guns.gif

(youve been warned ................. :mocking: )

If you are truly done it may be hard for a childless filipina to think of you as a permanent partner. These hot brown girls are baby factories. She will be especially eager to have a half white one.

i know a guy whos filipina had a baby with him when he was 67 yrs old. He didn't think that was possible as his wife was 46 and had been told that she probably could never have children.

He hadn't planned on being a father again, but the good news is they had a healthy boy who is the center of their lives now and a great joy for them both. They ended up moving back to USA when boy approached age for school so he could get a better education.

Edited by jode

• 2 weeks later...
samatm
Posted
Posted

wow I'm 49 my wife is 36 our kids are 13 and 16 and sometimes she hints she would love another lil pink bundle of love. I'm feeling like its been a lot of fun honey but I'm enjoying the teenage years of our kids and am not really ready for diapers again. BTDT. (wouldn't trade those years for anything..but not fondly wanting a rerun) So now i am a bit paranoid that honey might "forget" her pill. anyone else with similar concerns?

• Like 1

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

Two advantages I can think of are 1 hopefully more financially secure 2 Hopefully wiser. Disadvantage too old to run around with them when they are teenagers.

Tax deductions (tax rebates or write offs) thats the other advantage

in the RP you have NO TAX WRITE OFF/deduction unlike other 1st world tax systems

Ashanti
Posted
Posted

wow I'm 49 my wife is 36 our kids are 13 and 16 and sometimes she hints she would love another lil pink bundle of love. I'm feeling like its been a lot of fun honey but I'm enjoying the teenage years of our kids and am not really ready for diapers again. BTDT. (wouldn't trade those years for anything..but not fondly wanting a rerun) So now i am a bit paranoid that honey might "forget" her pill. anyone else with similar concerns?

:hystery: ...................

you know there is a fool proof for your concern, dont you??????????? :hystery:

seriously, you dont have to worry as long as you made her understand that your decision was made no hedging the bet. although i must say, if you are a filipino, she will find it easy to forget her pill - im sure she will not do that to you :mocking:

i have to say that there are times i wish id gone for 3x children instead of just 2x ............ oh well, its too late for regret now .........

i am bob
Posted
Posted

This will be my first post, so first I would like to say how much I like and have learned from this forum. It's great to know so many are willing to share their experiences so that others can learn. Thanks to all of you.

I am age 69 and have been married to my wonderful Filipina wife for 11 years now and what an incredible 11 years it has been. She is better than words can say. Before we married I told her I had been "clipped" and already had 3 grown children and that our own children would not be possible. She accepted this, although always wanting to have a child. After some 6 or 7 years of marriage to this wonderful lady I, being an orphan, decided it would be a shame not to allow some lucky child to have this lady for a Mom. We looked into ivf and were soon blessed with a wonderful biological son. Amazing what modern medicine can do. I had my "clipping" procedure over 30 years prior and yet modern procedures allowed us to have our own son. I count my blessings every day. These two events have made me a different person. I now must pay attention to my health and life style so as to share as many years as possible enjoying my blessings. When I say blessings I also include my other children and grandchildren as they are a big part of our lives.

We spend as much time as possible in the P.I. each year and plan to settle there permanantly early next year. We have a place near my wife's family and plan to do some small farming. My inlaw family has never been a burden to us, quite the opposite. They are a warm and loving family who have accepted me and do all they can to make my life there more comfortable.

I would not be so presumptuous as to make reccomendations to others about late fatherhood, however I will say It is a real blessing in my life.

I might also add that I am in pretty good shape for an "oldster" and spend a lot of time playing and running around with my 3 yr. old son. Life is what you make of it, so live it to it's fullest

Welcome to the forum!!! And a great first post!

Once you make a few more posts, the boss will give you a "Like" button for your posts...

So, in the meantime... LIKE!!!

• Like 2

i am bob
Posted
Posted

:hystery: ...................

you know there is a fool proof for your concern, dont you??????????? :hystery:

seriously, you dont have to worry as long as you made her understand that your decision was made no hedging the bet. although i must say, if you are a filipino, she will find it easy to forget her pill - im sure she will not do that to you :mocking:

i have to say that there are times i wish id gone for 3x children instead of just 2x ............ oh well, its too late for regret now .........

Samatm - Have you talked to her about the joys of being Grandparents? All the same fun but you get to send them home after! Hehe!!!

Ashanti - My first child - my daughter - was born with Spina Bifida, Hydrocephalus and something resembling Cerebral Palsey and thus cost a fortune for her wheelchairs and medications and all. Though I have to admit she was the perfect child and never did anything to get into trouble... Ok, but only once in her entire life! And then came the twins! Identical twin boys! Now my daughter cost the same as 2 to 3 children and we found out the hard way that twins will cost the same as 3 to 4 children! I would walk up to parents of twins and offer my condolences (jokingly of course). Parents of triplets needed a good slap and an anti-depressant! I do have payback with one of my sons though... He is the proud sleepless father of twin girls... :mocking: :hystery: :hystery: :hystery: :hystery: :hystery:

• Like 5