I Found A Good Eye Glasses Place In Cebu City

GregZ
Posted
Posted

If you are in CEBU CITY and looking for glasses I recommend Santillan Optical Clinic on V. Rama. Phone: 0923-741-9176 or 584-1243. They have a special on now for p1500 including exam, lens coatings and all. If you want to go upscale J-Lo p4200 with spring temples, hard case +. We got the J-Lo for the quality and had them extend the lens width a little. The more I talked to them the better the price got. I don't really understand why they kept bettering the price for me since we were already committed to buy, but THANKS. Maybe they wanted me to tell you guys.

I compared to SM Mall and if I was reading correctly it was around p8000 for J-Lo or equivalent. What SEE you???post-2377-0-01353900-1344254683_thumb.jp

• Like 3

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I need trifocals. I have been putting it off because they are expensive. Help me to understand. Without breaking down the whats and whys. How much did it cost from walking in the door to walking out with eyeglasses? One or two pair of glasses? (Some places have a buy one take one policy)

Thanks in advance. I am in Cebu now so looking forward to your reply

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Was sure hoping the opener would get back to me on this. Reason is, the frames are the big expense in glasses so the rest of it is just 'pufferry' if the frames are expensive. Last time I paid 4000 all in at SM but that was single focus,

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

I need trifocals. I have been putting it off because they are expensive. Help me to understand. Without breaking down the whats and whys. How much did it cost from walking in the door to walking out with eyeglasses? One or two pair of glasses? (Some places have a buy one take one policy)

Hi dave, I see you say you need tri- focals, I came across this piece I think could be of use to you.

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Hmmm... Anybody have any idea what contacts go for? I go for the ones with more moisture for comfort - or even to the ones you can wear while sleeping! I never even knew I had those ones in - they are that comfortable! I was going to get a new script and fill before I come but if they are that much better in price, well... My insurance only covers $200 every 2 years so I have to decide which I will have it pay for - new glasses or new contacts - and get the other there!

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Hmmm... Anybody have any idea what contacts go for? I go for the ones with more moisture for comfort - or even to the ones you can wear while sleeping! I never even knew I had those ones in - they are that comfortable! I was going to get a new script and fill before I come but if they are that much better in price, well... My insurance only covers $200 every 2 years so I have to decide which I will have it pay for - new glasses or new contacts - and get the other there!

BOB! There is no doubt that eye care as Dental care, is far cheaper here, for me, the Quality is as good/ comparable anyway, I am not too sure if my insurance will cover me here, at the prices I am paying, I would sooner shell out and not incur rises in Insurance Premiums. As we get older of course, we will draw on the insurance more. I am trying to keep claims to a minimum. I will try and find out the cost of contacts for you, although I guess someone, will have the information to hand. If not, I will have a look tomorrow when I am in the City.

:tiphat:

• Like 2

i am bob
Posted
Posted

BOB! There is no doubt that eye care as Dental care, is far cheaper here, for me, the Quality is as good/ comparable anyway, I am not too sure if my insurance will cover me here, at the prices I am paying, I would sooner shell out and not incur rises in Insurance Premiums. As we get older of course, we will draw on the insurance more. I am trying to keep claims to a minimum. I will try and find out the cost of contacts for you, although I guess someone, will have the information to hand. If not, I will have a look tomorrow when I am in the City.

:tiphat:

Thanks Jack!

My medical insurance is a private plan for Canadian Federal Employees that I carried over into retirement. And, yes, contrary to the belief that retired military get lots of benefits for free, I pay for it. I understand that I can bring it to the Philippines and it will pay for the usual except for hospitalization fut the cost goes up to a point that is not realistic for the coverage. So while I am here in Canada, I want to max out what I need and then pay as I go once I am there. Yes, I will be looking for hospital coverage that is more affordable! But for things like glasses and/or contacts, dental and medications, that will be a pocket expense. That is why I find posts like this to be some of the best things since sliced bread!

Did I mention that I make my own bread?

:mocking:

• Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted (edited)

I wear trifocals and have for the past15 years so I guess I can give a few tips .....

1. do not buy small lenses .... trust me you may look suave but you won't see for sh*t

2. be sure your center lens is just below your normal straight ahead (hold your head normally and you should not be looking through the 2nd lens) 1st lens being the largest lens .... 2nd being the middle lens and 3rd being your reading lens .... by the way your 2nd lens is a strength between your 1st and 3rd lenses .... they use a formula to figure it out

3. line-less lenses are great if you can get used to them .... I opted to have those with the lines in them so I can judge where one lens begins and another ends

4. I bought a cheap pair of reading glasses to wear when I'm on the computer ..... works wonders and keeps you from getting a stiff neck and headaches

I needed to have my eyes checked about a year ago so I went to Lens-Crafters in SM ..... no affiliation with the real one in the US (believe me) ..... no real optometrist or modern equipment .... they use the old take a different lens out of a tray full of lenses and drop them in a frame to check your vision ..... when I asked for trifocals they told me all they had was the invisible line lenses and the lenses were way to small for my liking ..... so I opted for bifocals .... big mistake ..... so now I'm back to wearing my old trifocals .... buy the way the price was p10,000 and the fish-line lower frame broke after 4 months and I had to take them back .....

I used to get new glasses every year back in the states as my insurance at work covered one pair per year so I guess I got spoiled ...... all I can say is get the type of glasses you want and HAVE THEM FIT CORRECTLY ...... there is nothing worst than ill-fitting glasses ..... trust me I know for sure .....

Some day I will find a GOOD QUALIFIED REAL OPTOMETRIST and although it cost a bit more (by the way my glasses in the US cost around $400 or p16800 but they were worth every penny) I will get what I need ...... :thumbsup:

Edited by Mike S
  • Like 1

GregZ
Posted
Posted (edited)

TOTAL cost was p4200 ($100 US) for single focus lens; that included the exam and all. The "exam" is not a full exam, it is only to determine your prescription. So no real checking for eye conditions that might be found with a full exam. The lens coatings were included also; I believe UV, scratch & something else? The picture in original post is the purchased glasses.

Sorry I didn't get back sooner. I've been out buying karaoke equipment and getting ready for a big party!!! I'm going to turn 25 (again) on 19 Aug... GONNA HAVE A WHOLE BLOCK PARTY. :540: That will be on the tail of return from Hong Kong where I'm going to act like a teenager with Dad's credit card!!! :no:

Edited by GregZ
  • Like 2