Canadian Citizen Killed In Surigao City

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Thanks James!

2 questions come to mind... Is his wife a Filipina or Canadian? And is his wife being "not very cooperative" because of possible involvement or is it from lack of confidence in the police?

I doubt if we will ever learn the true reason for this senseless killing...

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted (edited)

Thanks James!

2 questions come to mind... Is his wife a Filipina or Canadian? And is his wife being "not very cooperative" because of possible involvement or is it from lack of confidence in the police?

I agree Bob. For what I have seen and and heard in the 5 years I've been here, foreigners who are killed here seldom if ever get justice. Again I feel that this was a well planned, well carried out hit. Edited by Steve & Myrlita
  • Like 2

billten
Posted
Posted
I know the risks of living in the Philippines and choose to do it anyway. If the worst happens, know that I lived life on my own terms and was prepared for the consequences.

I agree 100%, this is one of the most important things anyone living here in the Philippines has to decide. I had not heard it vocalized in quite such an effective way before, thank you Dave.

• Like 2

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Thanks James!

To the best of my knowledge she is a Filipino citizen, though she may have held a Residence Card. They have lived here in the Philippines almost exclusively for at least 8 years and returns back to Canada once a year for a few months.

The police believe that she is dodging them with make them very suspicious, but perhaps she is just too grief stricken to want to deal with investigators at this time, and merely wants to wait until she has returned Harry home. People often handle grief differently. I am not going to make accusations about a woman having committed such an evil act, unless she has been charged by the police. Though I believe in the rights of "Free Speech", I am still a larger proponent of one's right to be "Innocent Until Proven Guilty". I am not one to engage in unsubstantiated accusations, malicious gossip, or tabloidism. I have learned over the years that often public opinion, police suspicions, and bias reporting can all be wrong. I am only reporting on the facts as I learn them, out of respect to Harry's wife, his son, his family, and his friends; also my engaging in such activities can be counterproductive for an investigation that is still ongoing.

I agree whole heartedly with you James!

Too often the slant in journalism is to sell papers - and too many reporters try to make themselves look like a champion of the people by misleading the facts. Pure gossip can only lead to more "unfactual truths" prevailing. There are 2 sides to every story and often both sides have merit but opposing facts - though it is hard to find merit in an incident that involves a death.

• Like 3

jamesmusslewhite
Posted
Posted

A small update to the case:

The official results of the autopsy conducted Friday the 17th will be released the Wednesday the 22nd. I will post it once I receive a copy.

• Like 1

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted
He said that he did 12-16 sets of 30:2's. He was still applying CPR when the paramedics came up to the scene and made him stop.
Did they have you stop because it was too late or because they didn't want you doing "Their" job?