Canadian Citizen Killed In Surigao City

Americano
Posted
Posted
He said that he did 12-16 sets of 30:2's. He was still applying CPR when the paramedics came up to the scene and made him stop.
Did they have you stop because it was too late or because they didn't want you doing "Their" job?

Or maybe they didn't know what he was doing.

• Like 1

jamesmusslewhite
Posted
Posted
He said that he did 12-16 sets of 30:2's. He was still applying CPR when the paramedics came up to the scene and made him stop.
Did they have you stop because it was too late or because they didn't want you doing "Their" job?

Or maybe they didn't know what he was doing.

I think so little few hereactually know proper CPR that it frankly confused them, or when it was called in perhaps they reported that Harry was already sead. He said that when the 1st paramedic came up that they actually screamed at and scolded him and asked him what he was doing with that corpse? He said that they prononced him and that any further first aid stoped once they arrived.. I know that Mike said that it was quit an emotional shock to him, and that the event actually rattled him for a couple of days after.. I am glad that Harry had someone there trying to save him. The autopsy report still has not arrived yet, it is unclear what lab test were actually done, perhaps some of test results tool longer than expected. Welcome to "Filipino Time". As soon as I get my little monkey paw on a copy I will post it on the forum.

• Like 4

dean01
Posted
Posted

CPR on a gun shot victim ? I would think you would want the heart to slow down not do big pumps, by the sounds of the report they hit a vein in his leg.

I would never charge a local over money, if that is true he signed his own death over money. Sad to hear but i met quite a few expats who just do not learn how to mix with the locals. once the first shot where fired in his house he should have fixed his problem.

tiger31
Posted
Posted

have you ever noticed something about foreigners being murdered here in the philippines ? well I have ,almost all foreigners that get murdered he either own property through wives or girlfriends or are in business with family members of their wives or girlfriends.not heard of many guys who RENT a property getting done over .why is this the case ? would it be because there would,nt be anyone to pay the rent so poor widow or g f gets kicked out of the property .so the moral of this story is RENT not buy if you want to stay alive and enjoy your retirement here in the philippines have a nice day :thumbsup:

• Like 5

wombatphil
Posted
Posted

have you ever noticed something about foreigners being murdered here in the philippines ? well I have ,almost all foreigners that get murdered he either own property through wives or girlfriends or are in business with family members of their wives or girlfriends.not heard of many guys who RENT a property getting done over .why is this the case ? would it be because there would,nt be anyone to pay the rent so poor widow or g f gets kicked out of the property .so the moral of this story is RENT not buy if you want to stay alive and enjoy your retirement here in the philippines have a nice day :thumbsup:

Errrr, well, each to his own I guess Tiger. Maybe the occassional wife/gf is into that stuff but I've heard first hand, stories from other guys where the furniture and possessions and the bank accounts are available to these ladies/girls/almost children if the guy was dead and/or gone, no house involved. Don't think it makes a lot of difference myself...

Anyway, there may be some perhaps, but not a lot of these guys getting murdered deserve to be shot down like dogs and especially right in front of family, kids etc...

R.I.P. Harry and deepest sympathies to his family

tiger31
Posted
Posted

errr phil you,ve been here a long time and you know exactly what i,m talking about .I,m not saying all familee,s have bad motives but there are a lot of inside jobs in this country ,far too many if you if you ask me .I wonder how many ex husbands would be dead if it was as easy as it is here over in our own country lol.can you tell me how many murder cases involving foreigners per say every hundred are actually solved .very few actually why is that ?because we,re foreigners nobody really cares am i right ?

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

CPR on a gun shot victim ? I would think you would want the heart to slow down not do big pumps, by the sounds of the report they hit a vein in his leg.

I would never charge a local over money, if that is true he signed his own death over money. Sad to hear but i met quite a few expats who just do not learn how to mix with the locals. once the first shot where fired in his house he should have fixed his problem.

Exactly!

Exactly!

• Like 4

jamesmusslewhite
Posted
Posted

Update:

This is the information provided by the Autopsy Report. It is taken word for word from the original document and all dates are as noted on this document. The only thing omitted is the formal heading and the names and signatures of those that signed off the document.

MEDICO-LEGAL REPORT

Date: August 25, 2012

Case No. MLS13-08-09-12

Name: Harry Joseph Alfred Dever Doyle (Canadian National) age: 62 sex: male Ht: 167 cm

Date and time of Death: August 12, 2012

Date of Autopsy: August 12, 2012

POSTMORTEM FINDINGS

fairly nourished, fairly developed, male cadaver (Causcasian) embalmed, with embalmed incision at the neck and abdomen. laid in a morgue table.

HEAD AND NECK

No remarkable findings noted during examination.

CHEST AND ABDOMEN

1. Gun shot wound, right chest region, measuring 0.5 x 0.5 cm, 2 cm from the anterior midline. 138 cm from the heel. 1 stitch applied. Direction was upward and going to the right, 10 cm depth, slug was embedded at the right chest on the second rib.

2.) Gunshot wound, right upper abdominal region, measuring 0.5 x 0.5 cm, 24 cm from the anterior midline. 31 cm depth, 2 stitches applied. 134 cm from the heel. Direction was downward going to the left. Exit at the left lower abdomen, measuring 1 x 0.5 cm, 31 cm from the anterior midline. 93 cm from the heel

3.) Gunshot wound, left lower umbilical region, measuring 0.5 x 0.5 cm, 10 cm from anterior midline. 87 cm from the heel. 18 cm depth, 2 stitches applied, direction was downward, going to the left and anterior ward. Smudge was noted at the wound, measuring 4 x 4 cm, 9 cm from the anterior midline. Exit, left inguinal region, measuring 1 x 0.5 cm, 77 cm from the heel. 3n stitches applied.

The abdominal cavity has a blood clot accumulation amounting 300cc, laceration of the intestine and mesentery. Stomach was empty.

EXTREMETIES

1. Gunshot wound, distal 3rd of the left leg, measuring 2 x 1 cm, 2cm from its posterior midline. 3 stitches applied. 68 cm from the heel. 5 cm from the posterior midline. Slug was embedded at the anterior aspect of the leg, presence of fracture of femur.

CAUSE OF DEATH

Multiple gunshot wound of the body.

Perhaps some our members who were either medical doctors or police officials can further comment on these findings. As to enlighten us to what this all means exactly from these report results.

MikeB
Posted
Posted

Total of 4 gunshot wounds, not 5 as the police report and papers stated.

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Perhaps some our members who were either medical doctors or police officials can further comment on these findings. As to enlighten us to what this all means exactly from these report results.

I'm not any of the above but can not see the point, its clear that he was shot and died from gun shots. What else is there to confirm?

• Like 4