Canadian Citizen Killed In Surigao City

jamesmusslewhite
Posted
Posted
Perhaps some our members who were either medical doctors or police officials can further comment on these findings. As to enlighten us to what this all means exactly from these report results.

I'm not any of the above but can not see the point, its clear that he was shot and died from gun shots. What else is there to confirm?

one thing I noted was that the autopsy was done after the body had been enbalmed. That the date noted on the autopsy report as the day of the autopy is also the same date of the shooting. And official reports stated that he died instantly. If the body had been embalmed before the autopsy would it have negated certin test such as a toxicology report, etc... A trained investigator could tell from the location, path, and size of wounds how to do a reconstruction of how the victim and shooter had to be standing, and perhaps a sequence of events. I am not trained in such things but those who are could reconstruct a petter view perhaps of what actually occured..

• Like 1

jamesmusslewhite
Posted
Posted

Total of 4 gunshot wounds, not 5 as the police report and papers stated.

this has been a series of controdictions in information, and has required diligence to try to work throught the layers of information. I can understand now why newspapers and media sources often seem to have limited, conflicting articles, or dead-end reporting.

• Like 1

jamesmusslewhite
Posted
Posted

Formal charges were filed in Surigao City on the afternoon of Thursday August 30th. The Respondents charged with Murder in the shooting of Harry Doyle are Jeffery "Opok" Parian, Jhonny Parian, Jerome Tanora Devocion, and Erma "Jane" Undang Doyle.

Witnesses identified the two shooters at the Punta Bilar, Surigao City shooting of Harry Doyle August 12, 2012 as Jeffery "Opak" Parian and Jhonny Parian. Erma "Jane" Doyle wife of Harry Doyle and driver/bodyguard Jerome Tanora Devocin were also charged with murder in the shooting of Harry Doyle. At the scene of the crime both Erma "Jane" Doyle and the driver/bodyguard Jerome Tanora Devocin both made statements to investigators that they had never seen the two shooter before the shooting and that they were unknown to them. Witnesses though on July 18, 2012 had seen Both Erma "Jane" Doyle, Jerome Tanora Devocin, Jhonney Parian, and their young son Joseph Doyle sitting and eating a late lunch in the popular Surigao City Restro/bar Mario's. They were seen sitting together for a period of at least 2 hours and even left the Mario's together as a group. This less than 4 weeks before the shooting and murder of Harry Doyle. Harry Doyle was out of town at the time and in Cebu. He had only recently returned from Cebu when he was killed.

The Doyle family have received a full copy of the case file and will turn them over to the Canadian authorities today. Erma "Jane" Doyle is presently in Canada to collect two insurance policies, present a new Will and Testament (naming Jane Doyle as the sole beneficiary), and to collect his financial assets. To date Jane Doyle has been very uncooperative with local investigators and the family of Harry Doyle in Canada.

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

If he had kept the majority of his wealth outside Philippines would he still be alive?

• Like 1

gmb8585
Posted
Posted

that ?????? - - - - - - --. Harry told me he suspected that if he got killed his wife might be a likely suspect. He gave her a lot and she has him killed. Just as I suspected all along.

FlyAway
Posted
Posted

The puzzle is now coming together. If the wife is trying to collect life insurance policies in Canada, then surely the company will question the death. Insurance companies are notorious about finding ways not to pay out a policy. They will be more than happy to help local authorities build a case.

Sad the way justice is served in the Philippines when it comes to foreigners being killed. Best way I could think of would be to be sure any involved with the murder gain nothing financial or material. Make sure they get nothing!!!

My condolence to Mr. Doyle's family and friends who truly cared for him.

• Like 2

Mike S
Posted
Posted

And greed rears it's ugly head yet again ..... so sad ..... makes me glad I'm poor or should I say I'm just a simple man ..... :cheersty:

• Like 2

tiger31
Posted
Posted

r.i.p harry but justice is coming thats for sure .well done james for all you have done in your reporting .

• Like 4

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
I'm just a simple man .

:hystery: I see you have gone native mike! :unsure: OK! OK! i will close the door on my way out.

post-2148-0-93420000-1346487902_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted

And that Sir Jack is probably the highest compliment you could pay me ...... even if it was in jest ..... :thumbsup: ....... :cheersty: .............. now about the stinky dried fish and balut ..... hummmmmm guess I got a ways to go yet ........ :hystery: :hystery: :hystery: :hystery:

• Like 2