Living On A Boat In The Philippines

cebu rocks
Posted
Posted
The idea of using a bangka instead of a purpose built catamaran or yacht is to not be too visible as well as not having too much money tied up in something if the S++t hits the fan somehow.

Building a house on a banka lol . I also looked into building a house boat here IE: 40 foot pontoons can be done for cheap by western standards just weld 50 gallon drums together seal each one separate use 3 pontoons and build on top of them . The biggest problem is safety a full time guard living with you will cramp your style lol Plus finding a safe port in a storm could pose many problems if your not anchored close to a port . I still love the idea in theory but to many unseen problems unless you can find a nice safe place to anchor with friendly locals in a sheltered bay.

cebu rocks
Posted
Posted

This kind of idea but much larger I have a friend who built one 60 feet by 12 wide 2 storys

Curley
Posted
Posted

Ah well... like all "good ideas" thought up by newbies...... it's already been tried and isn't such a bright idea lol

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Is it necessary to use a marina?

I don't think so, others get by without big expenses.

cruise1.jpg

Photo source, Philippines Expat Forum Raffle , http://www.philippines-expats.com/index.php/topic/6495-new-7-day-cruise-raffle/

tub boat.jpg

• Like 5

Geoff Thomas
Posted
Posted

Hi all,

will get more details at a later date but the whole floating house thing is actually being built by a friend and business partner of mine, he likes to call it "The Flouse" pretty damn good idea with all the wetlands around here as well as the unused fish ponds and shallow tidal watered area's. Talking of Danao I believe he may have or is about to have one in the water there soon. as I said will get more details out when its the official launch time.

• Like 2

i am bob
Posted
Posted
Is it necessary to use a marina?

I don't think so, others get by without big expenses.

cruise1.jpg

Photo source, Philippines Expat Forum Raffle , http://www.philippin...-cruise-raffle/

tub boat.jpg

:mocking: :hystery: :hystery: :hystery: :attention:

Are you going to have another raffle? Huh? Yeah? I want 100 tickets!!!

Papa Carl
Posted
Posted

Love this idea!

Before leaving the UK to live in Malaysia, I was seriously thinking of buying a canal boat, or narrow boat. If I could do that here, wow

Thanks of the idea, and please let me know if someone actually produces one!

Papa Carl

S123
Posted
Posted

I recently read somewhere that there is a bay in southern Negros where people anchor up for long term living. Unfortunately, I don't remember the name of the place...

cebu rocks
Posted
Posted

I know there are some boats on tambobo bay maybe thats the one ?

bobbyharmon
Posted
Posted

I was reading on another forum about a houseboat builder in south negros oriental. south of dumaguete in a place called tambobo bay. The builder is an Australian named Nigel. I hear their are many boats for sale down there. a real sailors community. Bobbyharmon