Apple Cidar Vinegar

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
Wait a minute, one more thing i have noticed. When i would pick up a virus (flu) previously it would take me around two months to get rid of the thing, but now, well i got the flu here last month, i think i got it riding the jeepneys for days amongst lots of sick people. 3 or 4 days and it was GONE!

That would be a great benefit! I also noticed that as I have gotten older it takes a long time to get rid of colds / flu. I was sick last week and as before I can't get rid of a lingering cough for a few weeks.

• Like 2

daisy
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the info Bob and Bundy

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I went to Healthy Options in Alabang Festival Mall yesterday. They did not have the Braggs brand but they had Cadia organic. I bought the large 32 oz bottle for p279 or something like that.

Nasty stuff but not too bad if you use a large glass of water. I let you know if I see any results.

i am bob
Posted
Posted (edited)

I went to Healthy Options in Alabang Festival Mall yesterday. They did not have the Braggs brand but they had Cadia organic. I bought the large 32 oz bottle for p279 or something like that.

Nasty stuff but not too bad if you use a large glass of water. I let you know if I see any results.

I'm not familiar with Cadia. The big thing is that the ac vinegar has to have the 'mother' in it. If when you gently swirl the bottle and you don't see something gross-looking swirling around, it won't do you much good. Also if it is pasteurized, this a bad thing as well.

Edited by I am bob
can't spell until I wake up... ok, maybe even not then!
  • Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I'm not familiar with Cadia. The big thing is that the ac vinegar has to have the 'mother' in it. If when you gently swirl the bottle and you don't see something gross-looking swirling around, it won't do you much good. Also if it is pasteurized, this a bad thing as well.

Yes, the Cadia is pasteurized. I didn't think to check that at the store. Oh well, I will keep looking for Bragg's. I was surprised they did not carry Bragg's at Healthy Options Alabang, if they carry it at other Healthy Options stores.

• Like 1

MacBubba
Posted
Posted

Sorry to introduce a different item...since some of you have been to health food stores, have you come across chia seeds? It is something that my wife has just introduced into her diet, and is easily found here in Toronto. We are wondering if it is something we can purchase there so we don't have to cart it with us.

Thanks.

MacBubba

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Sorry to introduce a different item...since some of you have been to health food stores, have you come across chia seeds? It is something that my wife has just introduced into her diet, and is easily found here in Toronto. We are wondering if it is something we can purchase there so we don't have to cart it with us.

Thanks.

MacBubba

In the Healthy Options store I went to, I did notice a nut and seed section but I did not look at it closely. Next time I am in one I will try to remember to check for you. I would bring a few bags along because even if you find it here, it will probably be very expensive. I noted that the price of a dark chocolate bar that I have bought in Kentucky for about $2 was about $6 at the Healthy Options store.

Christmas is coming so you should be able to find Chia Pets soon!

MacBubba
Posted
Posted

When my wife first mentioned chia seeds, my first thought was of the Chia Pets too. However, I doubt that those would yield enough to sustain her diet. She's been on a low carb kick for years, and every now and then, she'll find something she hasn't tried. Of late she's into bamboo shoots and chia seeds. She will usually have the bamboo shoots in a curry, and the chia seeds she will have in coconut milk. When they soak, they swell up to the size of something smaller than tapioca, with the same chewy feel. It is high in fiber (so net carb count is low), but tastes remarkably starchy.

Thanks for offering to check it out in the store next time.

MacBubba

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Yes, the Cadia is pasteurized. I didn't think to check that at the store. Oh well, I will keep looking for Bragg's. I was surprised they did not carry Bragg's at Healthy Options Alabang, if they carry it at other Healthy Options stores.

Even though I didn't get the "good stuff", I think I feel feel better since I started taking this. Maybe it is just in my mind! I also started a mild exercise program shortly before so I am sure that is helping.

My girlfriend has been feeding me really well but I have I have lost some weight. She knew I liked certain Chinese dishes like Kung Pao and Orange Chicken and others, so she rounded up a lot of recipes. I have to say, she outdid herself and they have been very good! Her Kung Pao shrimp is as good or better than any I have had in any resto! I love the fact that we can buy big fresh shrimp for so cheap! The last batch was only p230 for about 3/4 of a kilo!

• Like 3

i am bob
Posted
Posted
My girlfriend has been feeding me really well but I have I have lost some weight. She knew I liked certain Chinese dishes like Kung Pao and Orange Chicken and others, so she rounded up a lot of recipes. I have to say, she outdid herself and they have been very good!
My girlfriend has been feeding me really well but I have I have lost some weight. She knew I liked certain Chinese dishes like Kung Pao and Orange Chicken and others, so she rounded up a lot of recipes. I have to say, she outdid herself and they have been very good!

We'll have to compare Orange Chicken... Mine is nothing more than a regular roast chicken that is then coated in a sweetened orange glaze. I do this by dipping the cooked chicken into a large pot of glaze. I make the glaze from concentrated Orange Juice, Brown Sugar and Dark Rhum... hehe! After around 20 to 30 dips, it's done!

As for the pasteurized vinegar? It will help some but once you try the organic unpasteurized, you will see an extremely big difference between the two!

• Like 1