Apple Cidar Vinegar

Mike S
Posted
Posted
I make the glaze from concentrated Orange Juice, Brown Sugar and Dark Rhum... hehe! After around 20 to 30 dips, it's done!

Yup and after about 2-3 pieces I'd be done also ............ :thumbsup: ....... :hystery: :hystery: :hystery: :hystery: :hystery: :hystery: ...... :cheersty:

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

When my wife first mentioned chia seeds, my first thought was of the Chia Pets too. However, I doubt that those would yield enough to sustain her diet. She's been on a low carb kick for years, and every now and then, she'll find something she hasn't tried. Of late she's into bamboo shoots and chia seeds. She will usually have the bamboo shoots in a curry, and the chia seeds she will have in coconut milk. When they soak, they swell up to the size of something smaller than tapioca, with the same chewy feel. It is high in fiber (so net carb count is low), but tastes remarkably starchy.

Thanks for offering to check it out in the store next time.

MacBubba

They have chia seeds at Healthy Options Alabang. Like most other imported products in the store, they are pricey but I have no idea what the price would be in the U.S. They were p650 for 14 ounces.

Curley
Posted
Posted

Plant some in the garden and grow your own.

MacBubba
Posted
Posted
They have chia seeds at Healthy Options Alabang. Like most other imported products in the store, they are pricey but I have no idea what the price would be in the U.S. They were p650 for 14 ounces.

Thanks for looking this up. It costs 10 Cdn $ for a 16-oz bag over here. So, with a conversion of 41, about 81% difference. Not bad...still inexpensive. I think we'll just take a pack from here and just replenish over there as needed.

MacBubba
Posted
Posted

Plant some in the garden and grow your own.

Not sure what the yield would be like. Might try it down the line.

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

good article on apple cider vinegar

Apple cider vinegar is fermented juice from crushed apples. Like apple juice, it probably contains some pectin; vitamins B1, B2, and B6; biotin; folic acid; niacin; pantothenic acid; and vitamin C. It also contains small amounts of the minerals sodium, phosphorous, potassium, calcium, iron, and magnesium. Apple cider vinegar can also contain significant quantities of acetic acid and citric acid. It is used to make medicine.

listed below is interactions taking apple cider vinegar

• Digoxin (Lanoxin) interacts with APPLE CIDER VINEGAR
    Large amounts of apple cider vinegar can decrease potassium levels in the body. Low potassium levels can increase the side effects of digoxin (Lanoxin).
  • Insulin interacts with APPLE CIDER VINEGAR

• Insulin might decrease potassium levels in the body. Large amounts of apple cider vinegar might also decrease potassium levels in the body. Taking apple cider vinegar along with insulin might cause potassium levels in the body to be too low. Avoid taking large amounts of apple cider vinegar if you take insulin.
  • Water pills (Diuretic drugs) interacts with APPLE CIDER VINEGAR
    Large amounts of apple cider vinegar can decrease potassium levels in the body. "Water pills" can also decrease potassium in the body. Taking apple cider vinegar along with "water pills" might decrease potassium in the body too much.
    Some "water pills" that can deplete potassium include chlorothiazide (Diuril), chlorthalidone (Thalitone), furosemide (Lasix), hydrochlorothiazide (HCTZ, HydroDiuril, Microzide), and others.

http://www.webmd.com/vitamins-supplements/ingredientmono-816-APPLE+CIDER+VINEGAR.aspx?activeIngredientId=816&activeIngredientName=APPLE+CIDER+VINEGAR&source=2

• Like 3

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Just what I always wanted to hear....

I take Digoxin and Lasix daily!

I"m going to start buying shares in my own Potassium mine!!! :mocking:

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

I seen Apple cider vinegar in SM supermarket at Park mall yesterday I didn`t buy any but Sm must have it is n most of their stores.

• Like 2

Ashanti
Posted
Posted
Large amounts of apple cider vinegar can decrease potassium levels in the body.

thank you for the info, its well appreciated, however im fast realising this is becoming like bible passages...............

for every statement - there is another contradictory statement.

perhaps, after taking cider venigar, finish it off with a banana ???????

• Like 2

i am bob
Posted
Posted
Large amounts of apple cider vinegar can decrease potassium levels in the body.

thank you for the info, its well appreciated, however im fast realising this is becoming like bible passages...............

for every statement - there is another contradictory statement.

perhaps, after taking cider venigar, finish it off with a banana ???????

Or a glass of Orange Juice!

When I first heard of taking the ACV for weight loss, it was in a large glass of water with just a Tablespoon of vinegar... I had not heard of using the vinegar straight with honey added or any of the other ways of taking it. So if somebody does take it straight and find that they are low on Potassium, just do as Ashanti proposes - cut back a bit on how much ACV you are taking and get some bananas! They are inexpensive, high in Potassium and will have you blowing bubbles that smell like a Friday night drunk after a dozen balut! :dance: