Apple Cidar Vinegar

Bundy
Posted
Posted

Seems like nearly everyone i run into lately is telling me about Apple Cidar Vinegar and i should be drinking this stuff every day.

Anyone here using it and is it really the cure-all that they say?

• Like 1

Curley
Posted
Posted

The same thing happened to the Dad of a friend, from being almost immobile to walking pain free in a few weeks. I've tried it and even with double the amount of honey I just can't take it..... perhaps if I had arthritis I would persevere with it.

• Like 2

wombatphil
Posted
Posted

Yeah, I tell the missus when she is looking to get more vinegar, to get apple cider vinegar, coz it's a lot better to use that... Can't remember why now as the fact that it is benificial is a dusty memory of fact, but what its better FOR, I forgot...

Never used it for arthritis though and I was crippled up on crutches at 27 years old with osteoarthritis and started a special, life time diet. That diet was a huge change in my life, resulted in me being mobile without even a cane and for a lot of years. Only use a cane sometimes now and walk without a limp after I warm up several steps and nobody knows I'm disabled unless I tell them. I got married (never thought I would being crippled) and have had three wives and 8 kids, the oldest 30 down to 4, all half Filipino. I even started playing baseball again, doing 2 and a bit seasons as a catcher and followed up with 3 years or more as a State baseball umpire, before the arthritis was too badly effecting the joints to go on. BUT, even thought the arthritis was worsening, as is usual, the pain was way down and didn't cripple me from being active. I'm almost 60 now and it's only recently I really slowed down coz it jumps me when I'm too active, but I'm not bad if I've been taking it relatively easy.

And WHAT was the magic cure for my arthriti? The actual main No 1. thing that turned the still present arthritis into a far less painful and with much more useable joint movement etc, was giving up all red meat entirely. This one food is the key and an arthritic person is most likely going to be allergic to red meat, and to a much lesser degree with chicken and pork, and giving up meat will be so so benificial to ones life... Oh, and I also noticed some years ago, when I had a rare feed of king prawns, that I had a severe reaction in my arthritic finger joints, so much so that I couldn't use them for a few days without very severe pains, so I don't eat shellfish anymore either.

I'm suffering a bit now but so far I have had another nearly 33 years of life with reasonable mobility, without as much pain as when I was 26 -27 years old and looking down the barrel at life in the future... Even though I'm starting to suffer more now, I'm still better than at 27 and I reckon I might be lucky enough to get through the next 15 years before a wheelchair might be the next thing... My level of arthritis in several joints has been graded, in my 20's, as very severe, and two such joints, my knees, have been replaced entirely with prosthetic steel implants, one at about 42 years old ( I was the youngest they'd seen for this procedure there)

Sorry folks, you'll have to put up with me I'm afraid, coz I tend to run on a bit sometimes and write novels... And do I care??? Not a bloody bit. Have a good one all...

• Like 2

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Hey bundy it can be a dual purpose usage ..... you for drinking and her for squirting (feminine wash ..... :hystery: ) and who was it said "an apple a day keeps the doctor away" ..... just please for goodness sakes bundy don't forget who is doing what to where .... could get messy .... just saying ..... :mocking:

But all kidding aside I've heard about taking apple cider vinegar for years and it seems to help some people ..... what have you got to loose ..... give it a try .... just remember you are suppose to DRINK YOURS ..... not wash with it ..... sorry couldn't resist ..... :attention: :cheersty:

• Like 2

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I started using Apple Cider Vinegar about 14 years ago. I did it to help me lose weight. A splash of vinegar in a large glass of water and drink it 15 minutes before eating - this was suppose to reduce your appetite as well as help raise your metabolism. I went from 240 lbs down to 172 lbs over 3 years of doing this. (And I better start doing it again!) One of the things I noticed was that I could walk better, move better, do a lot of things better but I had put this to the idea of having lost all that excess weight! Who knows but if it works!

One thing to note - don't buy just plain Apple Cider Vinegar! Get the organic one that has the Mother floating around inside! The plain is often just a mix or even just flavoured white vinegar!

:attention:

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

@wombatphil - I think most of us enjoy a good story and appreciate someone who takes the time to share, Don't worry about running on here! Thanks for sharing and keep the stories coming!

The vinegar sounds like something I would like to try. I had juvenile arthritis and my mom and dad had fairly bad symptoms in their later years. I have a few aches now but probably not arthritic. Should I stock up on this before I leave the US or is the good stuff (as Bob mentioned) available in Phils? I'm packing my last BB boxes today.

• Like 2

earthdome
Posted
Posted
The actual main No 1. thing that turned the still present arthritis into a far less painful and with much more useable joint movement etc, was giving up all red meat entirely. This one food is the key and an arthritic person is most likely going to be allergic to red meat, and to a much lesser degree with chicken and pork, and giving up meat will be so so benificial to ones life...

What diet is best really depends on the individual, their genetics and allergies. I know people who's weight/health has improved significantly from going to a paleo diet which includes alot of meat and low carbs. I know others who have allergies to gluten (from wheat). There is no one best diet and the USDA food pyramid and the new food pie is based a great deal on the influence of agri-business.

You really just need to experiment a bit with your diet and find what works best for you.

I will make one blanket statement. Too many carb's, especially highly refined carbs like sugar and white bread, is a large contributor to obesity and adult onset diabetes.

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
The actual main No 1. thing that turned the still present arthritis into a far less painful and with much more useable joint movement etc, was giving up all red meat entirely. This one food is the key and an arthritic person is most likely going to be allergic to red meat, and to a much lesser degree with chicken and pork, and giving up meat will be so so benificial to ones life...

What diet is best really depends on the individual, their genetics and allergies. I know people who's weight/health has improved significantly from going to a paleo diet which includes alot of meat and low carbs. I know others who have allergies to gluten (from wheat). There is no one best diet and the USDA food pyramid and the new food pie is based a great deal on the influence of agri-business.

You really just need to experiment a bit with your diet and find what works best for you.

I will make one blanket statement. Too many carb's, especially highly refined carbs like sugar and white bread, is a large contributor to obesity and adult onset diabetes.

I agree. Depends on the individual.

Many years ago I went vegetarian but I still did not eat well, and I gained weight.

I did Paleo last year and I think it makes a lot of sense. I am going to try to get back to it after I get settled in Phils. I have elevated blood pressure and when I was on Paleo I got it back to normal. I just packed my Paleo cook books yesterday and after I get settled I will have time to cook. :cheers:

• Like 3

earthdome
Posted
Posted
Many years ago I went vegetarian but I still did not eat well, and I gained weight. I did Paleo last year and I think it makes a lot of sense. I am going to try to get back to it after I get settled in Phils. I have elevated blood pressure and when I was on Paleo I got it back to normal. I just packed my Paleo cook books yesterday and after I get settled I will have time to cook.

I am slowly moving towards a more paleo diet, cutting out more and more refined carbs. I don't have a weight problem or diabetes. What made me think paleo would be better is watching the PET Scan when I had cancer. They inject you with a radioactive glucose (sugar) solution, then during the scan they can see where it concentrates in the malignant tumors. Those cancer cells love all those highly refined carbs! Helps that cancer grow and grow.