Apple Cidar Vinegar

Curley
Posted
Posted

Thank you sir but aspartame and Splenda are two different things ..... it took Splenda years and years to get approved by the USDA because Big Sugar fought so hard to get it banned as it cuts into their profits ..... Splenda is a derivative of actual sugar molecules with no chemicals added ..... Aspartame is I believe a chemical created substance ......... as far as sugar only having calories that maybe true but then diabetics can't take in sugar ..... and yea there is Stevia ....... but have you tried that crap .... it tastes morbid ..... and about as sweet as a dill pickle ..... :mocking:

Thank you for your concern ..... :cheersty:

Yes they are two different things. It also took years for aspartame to get approval.... thanks Dick Cheney......... The marketing people from Splenda love to tell folks that it is made from "actual sugar molecules" Chlorine is commonly found in nature, but almost always in combination with other building block elements. Chlorine's structure makes it very reactive and because it is so reactive, it is very useful to chemists, engineers and others involved in making things humans use every day.

The inventors of Splenda admit around fifteen percent (15%) of sucralose is absorbed by the body, but they cannot guarantee us (out of this fifteen percent) what amount of chlorine stays in the body and what percent flushes out.

So, do you feel lucky today as you sprinkle that yellow packet of powder in your tea? You will be alarmed once you realize how chlorine, this common chemical we’ve trusted as a “purifier”, is actually affecting our health in more ways than you know. Hopefully, this chapter will make you hesitate before you let your toddler take another sip of your diet cola. Check out Dr Janet Starr Hull

• Like 1

Bundy
Posted
Posted

Nearly two weeks now that i've been drinking this stuff and yes it definitely does curb your appetite so i can see where the weight loss claims come in. Also, i have replaced all my white sugar with Muscavado sugar which i buy from Carcar market and long term that can only do me good.

As honey is just so very expensive here, i'm going to substitute the muscavado for the honey.

BTW, for anyone who like coffee, i urge you you try muscavado in your coffee instead of white sugar, it gives the coffee an even better taste...........you'll be surprised. :thumbsup:

• Like 3

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Hey Bundy check this out ..... Coco sugar ...... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coconut_sugar ...... I have seen it in some of the stores here but haven't tried it yet ..... coconut is supposed to be one of the best foods going so this might be the way to go ...... and it is safe for diabetics according to wikipedia and a whole lot safer for you than refined white sugar ..... may get a bag and check it out on Tuesday .... :cheersty:

• Like 2

Bundy
Posted
Posted

Hey Bundy check this out ..... Coco sugar ...... http://en.wikipedia....i/Coconut_sugar ...... I have seen it in some of the stores here but haven't tried it yet ..... coconut is supposed to be one of the best foods going so this might be the way to go ...... and it is safe for diabetics according to wikipedia and a whole lot safer for you than refined white sugar ..... may get a bag and check it out on Tuesday .... :cheersty:

Bloody hell Mike, all this nutritional stuff i'm now pumping in, my poor old body won't know what hit it :hystery: :hystery: :hystery:

Ok, you let me know how you go with the coconut sugar, i have not seen it here but surely it will be available. The Muscovado is very very cheap if you buy it from the market.I think basically it is just a raw unrefined cane sugar with NO chemical added and still retains all it's natural nutrient.

This morning i had Australia Harvest rolled oats, with banana and muscovado sugar.............lami kaayo!

• Like 3

Curley
Posted
Posted

INTERESTING thnks wiki

Muscovado is a type of unrefined brown sugar with a strong molasses flavor.

Also known as "Barbados sugar", molasses sugar or "moist sugar", muscovado is very dark brown and slightly coarser and stickier than most brown sugars. Muscovado takes its flavor and color from its source, sugarcane juice. It offers good resistance to high temperatures and has a reasonably long shelf life. It is commonly used in baking recipes and making rum. Muscovado sugar can be used in most recipes where brown sugar is called for, by slightly reducing the liquid content of the recipe.[1]

Muscovado sugar has 11 calories/ 4 grams (approx. 1 tsp). When produced under regulated conditions, it is nutritionally richer than other brown sugars or refined sugar, and retains most of the natural minerals inherent in sugarcane juice, as shown in this chart:[2]

Mineral content of muscovado sugar (per 100 g):

• Total mineral salts 740 mg max.
  • Phosphorus (P) 3.9 mg max.
  • Calcium (Ca) 85 mg max.
  • Magnesium (Mg) 23 mg max.
  • Potassium (K) 100 mg max.
  • Iron (Fe) 1.3 mg max.

This unrefined sugar goes well with coffee and other beverages, and was one of the most prominent export commodities of the Philippines, especially from the Negros region from the 19th century until the late 1970s.[3] The production of muscovado sugar in the Philippines, Barbados, and elsewhere had experienced a long period of decline when large mills took over sugar production from small farmers with small mills until consumer interest in healthy and organic foods revived interest in muscovado sugar, creating a new market for muscovado sugar production from small mills

• Like 4

Ashanti
Posted
Posted

(you're probably already that anyway to folks but don't realise it yourself?)

yeah ..................... in my dreams! :mocking:

• 2 months later...
daisy
Posted
Posted

I started using Apple Cider Vinegar about 14 years ago. I did it to help me lose weight. A splash of vinegar in a large glass of water and drink it 15 minutes before eating - this was suppose to reduce your appetite as well as help raise your metabolism. I went from 240 lbs down to 172 lbs over 3 years of doing this. (And I better start doing it again!) One of the things I noticed was that I could walk better, move better, do a lot of things better but I had put this to the idea of having lost all that excess weight! Who knows but if it works!

One thing to note - don't buy just plain Apple Cider Vinegar! Get the organic one that has the Mother floating around inside! The plain is often just a mix or even just flavoured white vinegar!

:attention:

When my health issues are showing up, I started buying all these food supplements and came across this ACV. I am drinking it now too mixed with my guabano juice. Where can I buy the organic one? Thanks

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I started using Apple Cider Vinegar about 14 years ago. I did it to help me lose weight. A splash of vinegar in a large glass of water and drink it 15 minutes before eating - this was suppose to reduce your appetite as well as help raise your metabolism. I went from 240 lbs down to 172 lbs over 3 years of doing this. (And I better start doing it again!) One of the things I noticed was that I could walk better, move better, do a lot of things better but I had put this to the idea of having lost all that excess weight! Who knows but if it works!

One thing to note - don't buy just plain Apple Cider Vinegar! Get the organic one that has the Mother floating around inside! The plain is often just a mix or even just flavoured white vinegar!

:attention:

When my health issues are showing up, I started buying all these food supplements and came across this ACV. I am drinking it now too mixed with my guabano juice. Where can I buy the organic one? Thanks

Most health stores should carry it. The best I have found is a product called Bragg's and I have heard that it is available in stores in the Philippines. Has a lovely picture of Mrs Bragg in her bonnet on he label I believe... I"m out right now so I'm trying to go by memory.

• Like 2

Bundy
Posted
Posted
Where can I buy the organic one? Thanks
Raw Unfiltered

The "Healthy Options" stores in both SM and Ayala Cebu carry the Braggs Organic Raw Unfiltered apple cider vinegar in two bottle sizes. I have also bought it from Gaisano Carcar. I've been taking this stuff and Palawan Honey faithfully for about 3 months now and i have lost weight................You see Kevin, told ya i don't need any gym membership.

Too early to say if it does anything else for you, other than the fact that mosquitos do NOT touch me! must be they don't like vinegar hahahaha.

Wait a minute, one more thing i have noticed. When i would pick up a virus (flu) previously it would take me around two months to get rid of the thing, but now, well i got the flu here last month, i think i got it riding the jeepneys for days amongst lots of sick people. 3 or 4 days and it was GONE!

This stuff has helped me enough to make me want to continue on with it that is for sure.

• Like 3

earthdome
Posted
Posted

About 4 years ago I started taking Vitamin D3, 5000 IU daily and Vitamin C 500 mg daily. Before I would get a cold or flu once a year. Since I started taking these I have not had a single cold or flu.

• Like 2