Real Dairy ( Cow ) Milk

TexasRangersFan
Posted
Posted

I have found real dairy ( cow ) milk at sm mall in cebu. they don't have much and its gone very fast. I found several places that had it in Davao. I am trying to find if there is a place closer to Liloan ( just a little north of Cebu City ) so I can buy it here.

I found out that if I buy more than two bottles at a time the 3rd will go soar by the time I open it.

I would like to find out if there is a place closer so I don't have to drive back to sm mall all the time.

Thanks.

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I have found real dairy ( cow ) milk at sm mall in cebu. they don't have much and its gone very fast. I found several places that had it in Davao. I am trying to find if there is a place closer to Liloan ( just a little north of Cebu City ) so I can buy it here.

I found out that if I buy more than two bottles at a time the 3rd will go soar by the time I open it.

I would like to find out if there is a place closer so I don't have to drive back to sm mall all the time.

Thanks.

I can not help you at all but think back at my last visit to Cebu where searching for fresh milk was a problem. Yes the bottle says fresh milk but much is UHT rather than fresh but with the real fresh milk on my last visit I found it was often out of date but still for sale.

Anyway a lot of the UHT milk is quite good these days so maybe not such a problem? :cheers:

• Like 3

Curley
Posted
Posted

If you want real cow milk....................................... try keeping a cow in the garden, fresh milk "on tap" whenever you want it :cheersty:

• Like 2

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Want to know something funny? UHT milk was not popular in North America because people didn't trust milk that wasn't kept cold before purchase. So they repackaged it to look like other milk and put it in the coolers. Nobody noticed the difference. Now much of the rest of the world is doing the same.

:mocking:

luke
Posted
Posted

Fresh (or raw) milk only has a shelf life of 7-10 days in ideal conditions. The tropical climate and distribution system is everything but ideal here in PH. Best you find a farm in your area, if there is so you see what you get. I don't bother to look for fresh milk in the stores, don't trust it anyway. UHT is OK for me.

• Like 1

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

The best milk is unpasteurized whole milk. The Altadena Dairy in California was one of the few that was permitted to sell it. You had to purchase the milk at the plant retail store. Friends living in Sendai, Japan took us to a similar dairy for ice cream using unpasteurized whole milk. The authorities were so strict you had to consume the ice cream at the store. The taste was excellent. The natural butterfat content in the ice cream must have been very high, but worth it.

I heard Canada also has dairies permitted to sell a limited quantity of unpasteurized whole milk.

i am bob
Posted
Posted

The best milk is unpasteurized whole milk. The Altadena Dairy in California was one of the few that was permitted to sell it. You had to purchase the milk at the plant retail store. Friends living in Sendai, Japan took us to a similar dairy for ice cream using unpasteurized whole milk. The authorities were so strict you had to consume the ice cream at the store. The taste was excellent. The natural butterfat content in the ice cream must have been very high, but worth it.

I heard Canada also has dairies permitted to sell a limited quantity of unpasteurized whole milk.

I haven't heard of any though there may be some registered under the organic side of things - which I seriously doubt. There was a situation not too long ago where a person had a dairy cow and was giving friends unpasteurised milk - the cow's owners couldn't drink it all. Dairy Farmers of Canada took him to court and buddy lost - not even allowed to give it away here! I'm not a big fan of the DFC - the president (at that time) was a neighbour of mine a few years ago and I learned a lot about the politics they play.

• Like 1

Lordblacknail
Posted
Posted

Jollygoodfellow, you are obviously not a milk drinker or you would never say that UHT milk is quite good. It doesn't taste anything like milk. When we were in Seattle, we would only buy milk at safeway, because they were the only ones that didn't sell all of their milk in plastic jugs, which also affects the taste. Man, I miss milk.

• Like 1

Fred & Mimi
Posted
Posted

I just asked my GF who lives in Liloan about where one can purchase fresh milk and she suggested S@R Rustan , all SM department store, all groceries and robinson supermarket. Hope that helps.

• Like 2