Real Dairy ( Cow ) Milk

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
Thanks. We had stopped there before but it was closed. We went there again and it is open. Milk was 75 pesos a liter.

Did the milk taste sweet?

I ask because I heard rumors that they add a sweet substance (sugar or preservative?) to make it more to pinoy taste. It is why I stick to the preserved stuff rather than try the fresh milk.

• Like 2

i am bob
Posted
Posted
Thanks. We had stopped there before but it was closed. We went there again and it is open. Milk was 75 pesos a liter.

I ask because I heard rumors that they add a sweet substance (sugar or preservative?) to make it more to pinoy taste. It is why I stick to the preserved stuff rather than try the fresh milk.

I had never heard that about milk before...!!! Thanks Dave!!!

:tiphat:

Brucewayne
Posted
Posted

I had never heard that about milk before...!!! Thanks Dave!!!

:tiphat:

I used to buy from a local farmer and he "fixed" it up so that I didn't want it anymore.

He put 2/3 liter bottle of milk in a pan of water and brought the water to a boil (homogenized) then, to cool it down, he added 1/3 liter of water he drew from a shallow well with a ton of sugar added to it.

I told him I could homogenize it myself, but he informed me that he had to add the dirty sugar water or he wouldn't sell to me.

So,..... I don't go back.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...
BooBoo
Posted
Posted

Greetings! That fresh milk you found came from the Cebu Dary, I think it is called. It is located down the road tyoward Cebu from Lioan in Consolation. Go to the COSMOS soda sigh on the left, go down that road, it is on the left. Phone is 564 2598, 427 7335. They also have sour cream, and sometimes butter milk.

i have used them for several years now. If no butter milk available, get the sour cream, and add it to UHT full cream milk., set it out till it sours 930 hours or less) and you got it. i use it for baking.

If you want good UHT milk, make sure it is NOT mixed with coco oil (filled milk)

• Like 3

Bigdog
Posted
Posted

You can get California 2% , whole and slim milk at S&R in Mandaue..not all that expensive , but then I am used to Alaska prices

• Like 2

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted (edited)

You can get California 2% , whole and slim milk at S&R in Mandaue..not all that expensive , but then I am used to Alaska prices

landmark. Makati & trinoma

Makati supermarket at alabang town center. Pioneer supermarket, pasig. market market ,

lately at some SM-savemore they have had some fresh milk. thou I have not bought for myself,

my child loves the "strawberry" milk. in the half-pint size,  cant recall the name,

sorry but the (S&R) 700p membership fee is not really worth it . only if they have the goods/items that i require.

Edited by Pittman apartments Sgn
  • Like 1

Bigdog
Posted
Posted

for 17$ a year and i can get fresh milk and REAL steaks and cheese once in a while is more than worth it too me..is the stuff there cheap..not really , but then you get what you pay for

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
Bigdog
Posted
Posted

lol been here long enough to hunt down the real deal..some people complain about the 700p cost to use S&R but for real 2% Californian milk and Montana ribeyes?? And dont forget the normal sized pizza for 550p... go there 20 times a year and thats only 86 cents a visit.....pssst milk was on sale for 139p /half gallon ..barely more than that UHT milk you love so much !!! ( i grew up drinking that and powdered milk in Alaska..cant stand that crap any more lol)

• Like 1

• 5 years later...
Leslie Lao
Posted
Posted
On 9/21/2012 at 1:32 PM, TexasRangersFan said:

Thanks.

We had stopped there before but it was closed.

We went there again and it is open.

Milk was 75 pesos a liter.

does anyone have any idea if this place is still open??  or where I can find fresh milk? The closer to the city the better.  I'm good for cow, carabao or goat's milk

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, Leslie Lao said:

does anyone have any idea if this place is still open??  or where I can find fresh milk? The closer to the city the better.  I'm good for cow, carabao or goat's milk

I am not sure of what place you are asking about but as far as l know Cebu dairy in Consolacion is still open.