Translate Joke/article

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

I read this in philnews in the section where some add their comments

could some one translate this.

thanks

When I was a kid, I confronted our neighbor bakit sila anak ng anak eh ang dami na nilang mga anak.

The husband smiled at me and said “kasi baka maging Presidente ang bubso ko.

” I knew then that his answer is boladas lamang because lalo lang silang naghihirap sa dami ng kanilang dependent children. Of course no one of their brood succeeded.

Puro kahirapan ng buhay. Ang hinarap nilang magasawa

Ashanti
Posted
Posted

Mr Pitt ............. they are all rubbish ............... no need to translate them

unless you have an urge to connect to a filipino mindset .......... trust me, youll just becomes more nutter than us!

:hystery:

• Like 1

MacBubba
Posted
Posted
When I was a kid, I confronted our neighbor bakit sila anak ng anak eh ang dami na nilang mga anak. The husband smiled at me and said “kasi baka maging Presidente ang bubso ko. ” I knew then that his answer is boladas lamang because lalo lang silang naghihirap sa dami ng kanilang dependent children. Of course no one of their brood succeeded. Puro kahirapan ng buhay. Ang hinarap nilang magasawa

I was curious too, so I asked my wife to translate.

"bakit sila anak ng anak eh ang dami na nilang mga anak" - translation: Why do they keep having kids when they already have so many?

“kasi baka maging Presidente ang bubso ko. ” - translation: Because my youngest could become President. (Note: "bubso" is a typo. Should be "bunso".)

"boladas lamang because lalo lang silang naghihirap sa dami ng kanilang dependent children" - translation: just hogwash because having so may dependent children just caused them to sink deeper into poverty

" Puro kahirapan ng buhay. Ang hinarap nilang magasawa " - translation: The couple faced nothing but hardship.

• Like 2

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I use google translate... doesn't work very at all:

"bakit sila anak ng anak eh ang dami na nilang mga anak" translate - why they eh son of the quantity their children

"boladas lamang because lalo lang silang naghihirap sa dami ng kanilang dependent children" translate - boladas especially because I just simply the amount of suffering they have their dependent children

Really loses something in translation. Losing all meaning ha ha I have got to find a better translator!

• Like 1

Americano
Posted
Posted (edited)

On line translators are almost useless because a word, words, or a group of words can have a different meaning depending on the context its used in. Human translators work the best but are not always 100% accurate.

I never used text in the USA and still don't like it very much now because when you send a text you don't know if the other person received it or read it unless you get a reply from them. And, you don't even know if the reply came from the person you sent the message to. Voice calling prevents all those problems.

In 2005 I was living in the USA and would sometimes call a Filipina in the Philippines on my home phone. One day she asked if I received the text she sent to my home phone. I got a good laugh out of that because home phones in the USA can't receive text messages. They are only made for voice.

Edited by Americano
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

Mr Pitt ............. they are all rubbish ............... no need to translate them

unless you have an urge to connect to a filipino mindset .......... trust me, youll just becomes more nutter than us!

hystery.gif

perhaps I am more "nutter" than most ,, :bash:

my "urge" to connect to the RP local mindset is. by understanding such,"jokes" or other non-important stuff,

,,,,, I try to have a better understanding of the native/locals that are in my community.

in turn I hope it gives me a better "insight" into my child and the world they live in too

• Like 1