Us Taxes After Moving To The Philippines?

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

One thing to think about is state taxes. If you have any US income such as investment income, you may get state income tax withheld if you take profits and are using a US address with your investment firm.

You can probably get it back but you will have to file a state return for a state you really don't live in.

I haven't used it yet but I have a USAbox account and with it you get a Florida address. If you use that as your legal address then the state tax worry goes away because Florida has no state income tax.

• Like 3

earthdome
Posted
Posted

One thing to think about is state taxes. If you have any US income such as investment income, you may get state income tax withheld if you take profits and are using a US address with your investment firm.

You can probably get it back but you will have to file a state return for a state you really don't live in.

I haven't used it yet but I have a USAbox account and with it you get a Florida address. If you use that as your legal address then the state tax worry goes away because Florida has no state income tax.

I plan on doing the same thing. Establish residency in Florida, get USAbox, drivers license, etc. So I have no state income taxes.

• Like 1

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted
I is suuuuch a baaaaaad bob!
There you go Bob. Change your name from "I Am Bob" to "Baaaad Bob"
  • Like 1

Dr. Cockroach
Posted
Posted (edited)

That will teach you Americans to have left us back in '76.... 1776 that is!

Here in Canada, if you move to another country? You are taxed 25% off the top of anything made in Canada. You don't even have to do an Income Tax Return - the government takes it off the top before you even see it! And anything you make outside Canada, you fight it out with the country you made it in. Can life be any easier? Ahhhh!!! :morning1:

Don't blame me! I didn't have nothing to do with the American Revolution! How much are the taxes now?

:mocking: I is suuuuch a baaaaaad bob!

That's exactly why we didn't leave you. The more people, the more money to finance our politicians mistakes.

If you say otherwise, an executive order to bomb you will be on its way!

You want a Rabbit, you get a Rabbit. You want a Deer, you'll still get the Rabbit. :hystery:

We are the land of the free ... but everything costs money!? :bash:

Edited by Zanby
  • Like 2