Bureau Of Immigration (Boi) Tourist Extension Fees

MikeeW
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the useful link. Looks like the website has been updated and more useful. I didn't find anything about exit clearances for immigrant visas such as 13a.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
Looks like the website has been updated and more useful.

In the past they have been very bad at leaving outdated info posted so the first thing I did was look for the date the site was last updated. They are getting better.

Updated last: February 27, 2012

Dr. Cockroach
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the link. Pretty useful but :e3358:

I see too many acronyms for the same thing ... money!?

I know the first 21 days are free.. thank you :dance:

Then, if one chooses to stay longer, he/she would have to do another 38 days @ P 3,030.00 :bash:

Then if another 59 days it would be @ P 4,800.00 :bash:

After that, it's P 4,800.00 every two months until 16 months is reached then the same cycle begins when the person has to leave and be back again? Correct?

Hence, the first year would be: 3030 (first two months) + 24000 (10 months)=27030 p ... Correct? :bash:

So, the cost of staying for a year would be ~= $675 USD @ $1.85 USD/day. For ease of calculation I used $1 USD=40 P.

Did I get it right?

Sorry for my slow uptake. I am just not used to breaking one bill into so many categories like the US phone bill here. You should see how they itemize it when all you do is say "hello" :unsure:

• Like 3

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted (edited)

This may have been posted before but I thought I would share the link to the BOI extension fees web page. It also lays out the time frames quite nicely for those of us who are newbies to the process!

http://immigration.g...d=118&Itemid=43

many thanks for the link and topic

does anyone AVOID this express fee?

TOURIST (NON-RESTRICTED) ADMITTED INITIALLY FOR 21 DAYS MAY BE EXTENDED FOR ANOTHER 38 DAYS

PARTICULARS AMOUNTS

• Visa Waiver

P 500.00

• Visa Waiver application Fee

P 1,000.00

• Certification Fee

P 500.00

• Legal Research Fee (LRF) for each immigration fee Expect Head Tax and Fines

P 30.00

• Express Fee

P 1,000.00 Total P 3,030.00

Note: Fine for Overstaying (Additional P 500.00) Per month

Motion for Reconsideration for Overstaying (Additional P 500.00)

Legal Research Fee (LRF) of P 10.00

Edited by Pittman apartments Sgn
  • Like 1

GregZ
Posted
Posted (edited)

I got the 38 day extension for 2840 php by getting it upon entry at the Cebu Airport. I don't have the receipt to give you the breakdown, but this was 19 August 2012 and took just a few minutes before getting the 21 day stamp. Go to the SUPERVISOR OFFICE before the immigration officials stamp your passport.

In Manila they told me to get the stamp FIRST... I would go to the supervisor office there and ask first though, because different folks on duty may give different answers and it is NOT possible to remove the stamp.

AND NO, haven't heard of anyone avoiding the EXPRESS FEE.

Edited by GregZ

Dr. Cockroach
Posted
Posted

Thanks GregZ!

But was I right? Is that how. just a visa, is complicated? Or may be I am too simple? :nudie:

• Like 1

GregZ
Posted
Posted
Hence, the first year would be: 3030 (first two months) + 24000 (10 months)=27030 p ... Correct? :bash: So, the cost of staying for a year would be ~= $675 USD @ $1.85 USD/day. For ease of calculation I used $1 USD=40 P.

There is also an ACR I card fee. You'll get that at first 2 month extension. From the site ---> "ISSUANCE - US$50 ( Peso equivalent )

RE-ISSUANCE (good for a year) - US$20 ( Peso equivalent )"

luke
Posted
Posted (edited)

Thanks GregZ!

But was I right? Is that how. just a visa, is complicated? Or may be I am too simple? :nudie:

Add 50 USD + 500PHP for (tourist) ACR-card

Also ECC (exit clearance certificate) if you leave the country after 6 months

So you come around 30000+ PHP for 1 year stay under a tourist visa.

Edited by luke

Dr. Cockroach
Posted
Posted

Thanks guys!!

So, I can say that one would have to keep in mind that a one year tourist visa in the Philippines will cost around 30,000 P/year (~ $750 USD) or $2 USD/day.

All this for Dave's rotten meat!? :mocking:

• Like 1