Bureau Of Immigration (Boi) Tourist Extension Fees

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Quick question guys:  Does it matter what the date of your forwarding/return throw away ticket is?  Does it have to be within the bounds of the initial 21 days and you tell them you'll change it or it doesn't matter?

Speaking only from a US outbound perspective, the outbound check-in counter is the one who is most likely to give you a problem.  Delta Airlines in the US would not have let me board the flight if I did not have the throw away dated within 21 days.  In Manila the did not even ask about it.  As Dave said, your mileage may vary, so follow the rules and have a stress free journey!   :)

• Like 2

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

I think I'll err on the side of caution then and have the outbound within the 21 days.

• Like 1

bootleultras
Posted
Posted

I never had a problem with mine, it was booked to return 6 weeks after entry, after the female officer pointed it out, I explained to her that I was married to a filipina & I had no intentions of taking the flight but would be getting visa extensions instead; she happily stamped my passport and even offered the extension at the airport there and then, I had no problems at the outbound airport either as they were the ones who actually booked the ticket for me :)

• Like 1

samatm
Posted
Posted

Quick question guys:  Does it matter what the date of your forwarding/return throw away ticket is?  Does it have to be within the bounds of the initial 21 days and you tell them you'll change it or it doesn't matter?

Last week In BeiJing I was questioned by the PAL  agent about my Throwaway whihc which i got for  April 2014 .....  she called her  surpervisor who then let it slide.   May have helped I was travelling business class.. I dunnoh.    I'll see how cebu pacific treats it next week in singapore!

• Like 1

Markham
Posted
Posted

I'm assuming your question relates to someone - you - moving to the Philippines permanently. Technically your "throw-away" ticket should be dated within the 21 day initial waiver period - or, if you obtain a 9(a) Visitors Visa, within 59 days of your arrival. If there's a chance you may need to return to Australia for any reason within 12 months and you can cancel the return section without too hefty a penalty should you not do so, then Immigration will accept a round trip ticket that's dated up to 12 months ahead.

Caveat: As with everything else here, the application of the regulations depends on local officials.

• Like 3

i am bob
Posted
Posted
Caveat: As with everything else here, the application of the regulations depends on local officials.

I think this is the actual answer to the question right here!

But, if in doubt, always take the route of least resistance...  !

:mocking:

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
jon1
Posted
Posted (edited)

I am in and out of the country 90 days at a time right now. So when I arrive my onward ticket is 3 months out. I always present them my ICard and Subic ID when I arrive. When asked for my ticket I show them the ticket, they usually say but this is past 21 days? I say yes but I plan on REQUESTING an extension (in the most polite manner possible) and they usually stamp without an issue.

NOTE: The express fee paid is for using any branch office other than the Main office. 

Edited by jon1

• 5 months later...
deevey
Posted
Posted

Cebu Pacific and Air Asia have made a point on every occasion of Having an outbound ticket booked within 21 days.  

On one frightful occasion coming from Macau with 30 mins to board I was told I could not check in without it.

Had to make a rush call to the office to get an outbound ticket bought sent to me via email, only to be told I'd also need a copy of the Credit Card used for the transaction AND copy of a Valid ID of the owner. 

Made it with about 1 min to spare (thankfully Macau is a tiny airport), but made darn sure that I always have a throw-away every trip.

PAL never asked me, 3x prices must put off some of the potential illegals :p  

• 1 month later...
OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

This may have been posted before but I thought I would share the link to the BOI extension fees web page. It also lays out the time frames quite nicely for those of us who are newbies to the process!

http://immigration.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=118&Itemid=43

JGF, the old link is dead due to the new website,  Here is the new link provided by Mike B.

http://immigration.gov.ph/index.php/component/content/article/19-immigration-fees/137-visa-extension

• Like 2

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

Wow, the new link is actually easy to figure out!

Who is this and what have they done with BOI???