Best Place To Live For A Single Guy

Potatoman
Posted
Posted

ok i am a single guy looking for a place to settle in the philippines. i have a few friends in manila but that is basically it. my budget is approx P100000 p/m priorities for me are the opportunity to meet friends of both sex's, a reasonably safe & nice place to live & a good social life i.e friendly drinking establishments frequented by friendly laid back drunks!

i am looking around at the moment (in puerto galera at the moment) it's too small.

i've been to cebu & i wasn't sure; maybe i just went to the wrong places.

any suggestions would be appreciated

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
my budget is approx P100000 p/m priorities for me are the opportunity to meet friends of both sex's, a reasonably safe & nice place to live & a good social life i.e friendly drinking establishments frequented by friendly laid back drunks!

I know a few guys who like Angeles City for exactly what you describe. I never tried it but a lot describe it exactly as you must mentioned.

• Like 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted

ok i am a single guy looking for a place to settle in the philippines. i have a few friends in manila but that is basically it. my budget is approx P100000 p/m priorities for me are the opportunity to meet friends of both sex's, a reasonably safe & nice place to live & a good social life i.e friendly drinking establishments frequented by friendly laid back drunks!

i am looking around at the moment (in puerto galera at the moment) it's too small.

i've been to cebu & i wasn't sure; maybe i just went to the wrong places.

any suggestions would be appreciated

a nice buget, lots of places around the world on that amount

Okieboy
Posted
Posted

You know i allways tell those looking to relocate to the philippines, to check out Davao City the largest city area wise in the Philippines, international airport, sea port, super low cost ,but you know i have been thinking why get all those forigners coming here, it is great now as it is , so if you are looking for a nice cheap place in the Philippines don't go to Davao City

• Like 1

Adventurer
Posted
Posted

if you want drunks go to angeles,in fact I hope you do, enjoy it! ;)

Potatoman
Posted
Posted

what??? sense of humour!

Angeles is a brothel plain & simple, you guys seem to have placed me into that catagory pretty swiftly.

single & looking for fun is not a crime

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted (edited)

what??? sense of humour!

Angeles is a brothel plain & simple, you guys seem to have placed me into that catagory pretty swiftly.

single & looking for fun is not a crime

The wording of your posts about the drunks is probably the reason but I agree, some just assumed without having an open mind of your intentions. Most people look for fun when they are younger but when the get older they forget about all the fun and maybe parties they had in their younger days but if prompted they will tell you of the things they got up to with a big smile on the dial.

if your looking for a fun place to visit on Matcan, try Chicago Joe's, lots of young westerners go there to mix with the locals. If you have time to look through a billion photos you will see them there.

http://www.facebook.com/ChicagoJoesDiscoDanceClub

Edited by Jollygoodfellow
- added bit

MikeB
Posted
Posted

Angeles is a brothel plain & simple

It's not a brothel. It's a city with over 300,000 people. It has schools, churches, museums, supermarkets, etc. just like any other.

• Like 1

Adventurer
Posted
Posted

I agree, most of us enjoyed drinking to excess when younger so I understand you just want some fun.. I just assumed you wanted to join other foreigners for wild parties etc and from what I heard stacks of them go to Angles city although I never went there myself.

OK so let's see, i will try to write what I would do if I was single again and after 4 odd years of coming here...

It sounds like you like Manila so I can't tell you much about Luzon as I have hardly been there. But yes you might want to travel north and stop in Angeles for a few days anyway. If you like beaches etc then you could travel north around the beaches up to the top where it's supposed to be pretty good. I would then go down on the east coast again stopping in some beach areas.

You could travel to places like Boracay where there is meant to be a good party scene there. You might want to explore some of the smaller islands too or even take a trip to Palawan but keep in mind some of those places can be quiet at certain times of the year so if having people around you is important you might want to travel with friends or a girlfriend.

Personally I would buy a motorcycle or rent a vehicle and travel around, staying wherever you like for a few nights, meeting people and taking in the scenery.

• Like 1

joeatmanila
Posted
Posted

Potatoman

Look at Manila the following areas

Eastwood city

Fort Bonifacio

Mckinley place

Roxas boulevard close to Mall of Asia

Quezon city, Timog and Tomas Morato areas

North of Manila the triangle in between Trinoma and SM north

it is exactly what you ask for and even more, but not a brothel or a whore house as Angleles.

Your budget fits perfect to all except McKinley you might need to add up some more. in all these areas you will need to own a car for further transportation to other similar areas or so.

• Like 3