Best Place To Live For A Single Guy

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

From my understanding the bar areas of Angeles is just a small part of the city overall. In your home countries you know where the entertainment areas are too, here In Brisbane Australia its known as The Valley, In Sydney its known as kings Cross and In Cebu; Mango ave would be about it but they are all just a small part of a big city.

So just my opinion is that when we talk about Angeles we should; if we are talking about night life, bars and sex then maybe mention Fields Avenue and not the whole city as I'm sure all the residents don't live in a brothel or bar.

:cheersty:

• Like 3

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

From my understanding the bar areas of Angeles is just a small part of the city overall. In your home countries you know where the entertainment areas are too, here In Brisbane Australia its known as The Valley, In Sydney its known as kings Cross and In Cebu; Mango ave would be about it but they are all just a small part of a big city.

So just my opinion is that when we talk about Angeles we should; if we are talking about night life, bars and sex then maybe mention Fields Avenue and not the whole city as I'm sure all the residents don't live in a brothel or bar.

:cheersty:

Yes, I have Filipino friends in the U.S. from Angeles, from well to do families.

• Like 1

ibemarshall
Posted
Posted

Angeles is a brothel plain & simple

It's not a brothel. It's a city with over 300,000 people. It has schools, churches, museums, supermarkets, etc. just like any other.

I agree and painting Angeles and the surrounding area with a broad brush does not do it justice IMHO.

Sure it has it's "entertainment area" (as does many other places in the PI), but it is much more than that these days. The Clark Freeport Zone on the old Clark AFB is booming with 60,000+ working there and growing not to mention the expansion (albeit it slow) of the Diosdado Macapagal International Airport. The Angeles area and surround province of Pampanga has become very attractive to many as it has access to both the Subic Freeport Zone as well as Manila via the toll road/highway.

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Angeles is a brothel plain & simple

It's not a brothel. It's a city with over 300,000 people. It has schools, churches, museums, supermarkets, etc. just like any other.

I agree and painting Angeles and the surrounding area with a broad brush does not do it justice IMHO.

Sure it has it's "entertainment area" (as does many other places in the PI), but it is much more than that these days. The Clark Freeport Zone on the old Clark AFB is booming with 60,000+ working there and growing not to mention the expansion (albeit it slow) of the Diosdado Macapagal International Airport. The Angeles area and surround province of Pampanga has become very attractive to many as it has access to both the Subic Freeport Zone as well as Manila via the toll road/highway.

Actually Subic might be a good suggestion for a single guy because they do have some "single guy" activities and more of a beach type environment. Actually I have not even been there yet so what do I know? :bash: I'm not single but I am still thinking about Subic. One thing I really like is that it is not far from Clark (DMIA) so there are a lot of cheap flights available.

Can any SCUBA divers comment on the visibility and water quality in Subic Bay? I have read mixed reviews and that is one of the outstanding issues I have with Subic.

• Like 1