Dishwasher Tablets Rinse Aid And Salt.

Daffie
Posted
Posted

Hallo there

Just recently moved here and can't seem to find dishwasher tablets rinse aid or the salt for the dishwasher anywhere. I'm in global city. Any information as to where to find this will be much appreciated. Thank you.

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

Try the grocery store at MARKET MARKET,

if no sucess, these other stores may have what your looking for

1. Pioneer supermarket (off shaw and pioneer north of robinson forum)

2. Cash & Carry (off south super hiway)

3. Unimart (located at greenhills)

4 Cherry Food a Rama (location on shaw is closed but they have 2 other stores)

5 S&R membership

Dishwasher? I remember that when I lived in "my home country"

could you download a photo I nearly forgot that they still exsisted. :attention:

(please excuse my humor) :lol:

• Like 3

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Try the grocery store at MARKET MARKET,

if no sucess, these other stores may have what your looking for

1. Pioneer supermarket (off shaw and pioneer north of robinson forum)

2. Cash & Carry (off south super hiway)

3. Unimart (located at greenhills)

4 Cherry Food a Rama (location on shaw is closed but they have 2 other stores)

5 S&R membership

Dishwasher? I remember that when I lived in "my home country"

could you download a photo I nearly forgot that they still exsisted. :attention:

(please excuse my humor) :lol:

That's right sir! A D I S H W A S H E R! You know....

That's what they call us after every meal!!!

:mocking:

• Like 2

Curley
Posted
Posted

Get the maid to wash them

• Like 2

Markham
Posted
Posted (edited)

You shouldn't have a problem locating foil-wrapped dishwasher detergent tablets but I doubt you'll find rinse-aid. You can, however, make your own very cheaply. All you need is a bottle of Heinz White Vinegar to which you add a few drops of dark-coloured food colouring; that then is your rinse-aid (vinegar is a natural wetting-agent).

As for the salt, any decent main dealer of water-softening equipment should be able to sell you salt pellets by the 20kg (or so) sack but you'll need to use one of those big buckets of (locally-produced) biscuits that has an air-tight lid to store the salt pellets (eat the biscuits first, obviously!).

Edited by Markham

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
All you need is a bottle of Heinz White Vinegar to which you add a few drops of dark-coloured food colouring; that then is your rinse-aid

I don't use a dishwasher, other than the maid, so its purely curiosity that has me asking: Why the food colouring?

tiger31
Posted
Posted

dishwasher in the philippines hahaha where did you find a dishwasher never mind the tablets ? we are are talking super duper luxury item here lol .all you need is some marigolds lol

Thomas
Posted
Posted (edited)
Just recently moved here and can't seem to find dishwasher tablets rinse aid or the salt for the dishwasher anywhere.

I have no idea where to find such. Isn't it easier to get a HUMAN dishwasher? :)

Edit: I notice several have posted similar thoughts :)

Edited by Thomas

Markham
Posted
Posted
All you need is a bottle of Heinz White Vinegar to which you add a few drops of dark-coloured food colouring; that then is your rinse-aid

I don't use a dishwasher, other than the maid, so its purely curiosity that has me asking: Why the food colouring?

White Vinegar (aka Distilled Vinegar) is colourless like water. Not all dishwashers have a sensor that detects when the rinse-aid dispenser is empty, typically European manufactured models do (eg Bosch, AEG and Electrolux) but those manufactured in Japan and Korea (and some US models too) don't, and the dispensers in them are translucent. The colourant enables you to see the level of rinse-aid and tell when its empty.

• Like 1

Markham
Posted
Posted (edited)

dishwasher in the philippines hahaha where did you find a dishwasher never mind the tablets ? we are are talking super duper luxury item here lol .all you need is some marigolds lol

Dishwashers are actually not that difficult to find nor are they super-expensive. There are about 6 catering supply companies in Cebu City that sell them as does SM Appliance Center. You can buy an Electrolux model (made in Thailand) for not much more than you'd pay in your local Comet - except that you can't as Comet is apparently in receivership. If you want a top of the line AEG or Bosch, there's a BB shipper in the UK who can oblige.Marigiolds you will have problems finding, however!

Edited by Markham