Looking For Details About Positive Tb Result?

Thomas
Posted
Posted
My missus is a nurse, She says their is no need for observation by the hospital, It is treatable at home, Just take medicine as perscribed. She says their are 2 or 3 medicines that will be available, and she might get some discolouration in her water, Even in her tears.. and not to worry about it,

Thanks brock & Thomas for the info... a few things that I have not run across in my reading.... Like the discoloration... and yes, I will get checked myself. :541:

About the observation: US government requirement. The treatment is already paid for I believe as part of the physical to enter USA and via Philippine health programs. Philippines wants people cured when they find them. The USA won't let you in unless you have DOT - Directly Observed Treatment, then test negative. After entry to the USA she will have to be RE-CHECKED to ensure clear. Geeeeeessss! All good though. I want my baby healthy for a LONG TIME. :tiphat:

Perhaps you settle down in the Philippines instead of USA?

In any case, you have some time for preparings now.

To be honest Greg, I loved my time in Hospital, I got off with a nurse while I was there.

Brock, you're my hero for today! Them Brits, gotta love them.....he, he.

I suppose Brits have to think like that to stand their rainy weather :)

(Most rain fronts coming to Sweden, have passed Great Britain first, droping of much there.)

• Like 2

volstateguy
Posted
Posted
My missus is a nurse, She says their is no need for observation by the hospital, It is treatable at home, Just take medicine as perscribed. She says their are 2 or 3 medicines that will be available, and she might get some discolouration in her water, Even in her tears.. and not to worry about it,

Thanks brock & Thomas for the info... a few things that I have not run across in my reading.... Like the discoloration... and yes, I will get checked myself. :541:

About the observation: US government requirement. The treatment is already paid for I believe as part of the physical to enter USA and via Philippine health programs. Philippines wants people cured when they find them. The USA won't let you in unless you have DOT - Directly Observed Treatment, then test negative. After entry to the USA she will have to be RE-CHECKED to ensure clear. Geeeeeessss! All good though. I want my baby healthy for a LONG TIME. :tiphat:

Any idea how they check to ensure she is clear? Lung x-rays?

After my last assignment to Korea I had a positive TB skin test and underwent a 9 month treatment with antibiotics along with B6 which is supposed to help with kidney function. However I was never rechecked after the 9 month treatment. I was told I would always test positive with the skin test.

Thomas
Posted
Posted
Any idea how they check to ensure she is clear? Lung x-rays? After my last assignment to Korea I had a positive TB skin test and underwent a 9 month treatment with antibiotics along with B6 which is supposed to help with kidney function. However I was never rechecked after the 9 month treatment. I was told I would always test positive with the skin test.

Yes, testing positive, because you have antibodies (or what it's called in English) as we can get by vaccination too.

I don't know about clear test, but I GUESS

/CAN'T see on xrays (except in the long run comparing if damages has stoped from going on)

/but I suppose it's possible to check if there are any ACTIVE bacterias left by culture growing or such.

• Like 1

GregZ
Posted
Posted
Any idea how they check to ensure she is clear? Lung x-rays?

After the treatment they will collect sputum (coughed up matter from lungs) and do a smear (for quick pos/neg) then they will culture for 1-2 months and see. The positive came this time in less than 2 weeks from the culture. The comparison of x-rays - old v new will show if there is advancement. But we prefer to not look for that, better to KILL it and make sure it is D.E.A.D.

Also, after admittance to the US she will get checked again! They are pretty serious about doing everything they can to keep from taking more into the USA.

THANKS for the information here. I've found someone that went through the same thing at the same place recently and they are giving me the answers to all my questions. YEAH. Thank you internet!!!

*** Imagine cool smileys all through this post! My internet really stinks today and I can't get them to load. :-( :-(

• Like 1

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted (edited)
Forgot to tell you that treatment for a Filipino citizen is free.

IF you have PHILHEALTH THE TREATMENT IS FREE too.

( i have looked at past Philhealth advisories/circulars but not able to find it, but its called DOTS)

also BRUCE had a previous post on this last year, if someone can find and repost, it can be helpful

http://www.philhealt...circ18_2011.pdf only thing i could find

http://www.philhealt...1.pdf�� (special philhealth info)

http://www.philippin...tuberculosis/�� Previous topic on Forum

Edited by Pittman apartments Sgn
  • Like 1

TheMason
Posted
Posted

i went through this in 2010 when we applied for my wife's spousal visa. We rented a condo about 100 meters from St. Luke's. There are several nice towers within easy walking distance. Just head in to the lobby and see what is available. It was not cheap, but it was convenient.

I'm not sure exactly what info you're looking for, but I'm very familiar with the St. Luke's routine and can fill you in on living in Manila while your wife is treated. Post back with any specific questions you have and I'll be glad to provide more detail.

• Like 2