Best Of Filipino Foods

chachime
Posted
Posted

One of the best Filipino food is Adobo, it's very famous. My boyfriend taught me how to cook it. It taste so good. Whenever I came home my grandma always served Adobo in our lunch :)

• Like 3

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted (edited)

One of the best Filipino food is Adobo, it's very famous. My boyfriend taught me how to cook it. It taste so good. Whenever I came home my grandma always served Adobo in our lunch :)

why dont you share w/us ,

What exactly is ADOBO?

maybe some of us are new here or not yet arrived.

it does seem this maybe a food i would like,

Edited by Pittman apartments Sgn
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
bigred15
Posted
Posted

Adobo is a spanish word meaning marinade (or sauce). Typically Adobo is served with either pork, or chicken, or a combination of both. However, I have seen other meats used including lamb and beef - although they're not as popular as pork or chicken adobo.

You cook the chosen meat(s) in vinegar, garlic, soy sauce, black peppercorns and throw a few bay leaves in as well. It's easily my favourite Filipino dish - especially pork. You can add a bit of sweetness to it by throwing in some pineapple bits as well but it's not traditionally done that way.

Cheers,

Big Red

• 9 months later...
gaga4
Posted
Posted

Adobo is a spanish word meaning marinade (or sauce). Typically Adobo is served with either pork, or chicken, or a combination of both. However, I have seen other meats used including lamb and beef - although they're not as popular as pork or chicken adobo.

You cook the chosen meat(s) in vinegar, garlic, soy sauce, black peppercorns and throw a few bay leaves in as well. It's easily my favourite Filipino dish - especially pork. You can add a bit of sweetness to it by throwing in some pineapple bits as well but it's not traditionally done that way.

Cheers,

Big Red

Adobo is also regional. In the south or visayas, it is somewhat dry while in the north or luzon its more soupy.

• Like 2

gaga4
Posted
Posted

There are many other Filipino food that is not spanish-derived that is good: Kare-kare & Dinuguan for example.

• Like 2

gaga4
Posted
Posted

Try going to good Filipino restaurant and savor the food. A suggestion would be a buffet place like Kamayan where there are a variety of choices.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
dems
Posted
Posted

Kinilaw na Malasugi (Tuna) is my favorite filipino food.  especially when you use mayonaise.  It's also perfect for special occasions.  Although its a bit expensive but worth it. 

• Like 2

robert k
Posted
Posted

Banana heart is great the way my girls mom cooks it. I haven't a clue so don't ask me how it's prepared, part of it's charm. :tiphat:

• Like 1

deevey
Posted
Posted

Well the BEST filipino food I can think of (and I don't know any person in their right mind could disagree) is Lechon !!! 

You just can't go wrong with a whole roast pig now can you ? 

I also can't get enough Sinegang, I get severe cravings every so often when we haven't had it in a while :P 

Sinegang is a Semi-Sour Dish made with boiled Pork, Chicken, Shrimp, Crabs or Fish in a Tamarind broth with a few green chilies thrown in for good measure topped off with Kangkong. Personally I add oodles of tomatoes and a few drops of red chili sauce to give it a kick. 

My other half thinks I'm a very strange Whiteboy - apparently a lot of foreigners aren't into Sinegang for some reason. But what her folks thinks is even more weird is this Whiteboy cooking up Filipino Dishes e.g. Adobo, Menudo, Afritada, Stuffed Talapia, when they come over :p (She can't really cook at all - but good at washing the dishes hehe.)    

For Adobo I've started adding finely chopped roasted peanuts and garlic and tiny bit of flour in the sauce to make it less oily and more "saucy" - really adds to it. 

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
MacBubba
Posted
Posted

Had the sisig pizza at Buffet 101 in MOA.  Great concept!

• Like 2