Tragic Wasted Life

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

This is not related to crime against an expat, so I hope it is OK to post here.

My girlfriend and her family suffered a tragic loss of a loved one a few days ago. We just found out about it yesterday. Aileen was the adopted cousin of my girlfriend. When I was Baguio last week, I spent a lot of time with her brother but I was not able to meet her. Here is a link to a facebook page set up for her:

https://www.facebook.com/JusticeForAileenNiocena

I am told that she was a beautiful woman, in and out. She was an accomplished musician and taught music for a living. She was loved by her students as well as her family and friends, and will be greatly missed by all.

I don't consider this a black mark against Baguio as far as crime and expats are concerned. A crime of passion is what the police suspect right now. She had broken up with someone in the past months. Robbery was not involved and she died of multiple stab wounds. It happened outside the main city area.

Rest in peace, Aileen!

• Like 3

Bil Brock
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the link, what a waste of life. R.I.P. Alleen.

• Like 2

Americano
Posted
Posted

Murders like this make me wonder if some people are more like wild animals than human beings. And, there seems to be a lot of them in the Philippines.

• Like 2

Thomas
Posted
Posted

Murders like this make me wonder if some people are more like wild animals than human beings. And, there seems to be a lot of them in the Philippines.

Anyone knowing statistics per capita for such type of murders in Phili? (=Within relations and after one have left.)

(20 years ago, before the borders became open to some countries in Eastern Europe, Sweden had few murders in general, and a big part of the few were such "pashion" murders.)

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Anyone knowing statistics per capita for such type of murders in Phili? (=Within relations and after one have left.)

(20 years ago, before the borders became open to some countries in Eastern Europe, Sweden had few murders in general, and a big part of the few were such "pashion" murders.)

Thomas, I have posted 2 links related to your post, I hope you can Glean what you would like to know. from them.

http://www.nationmas...ders-per-capita

http://www.topix.com...JQ99LKTA2G7MRM8

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

This is not related to crime against an expat, so I hope it is OK to post here.

My girlfriend and her family suffered a tragic loss of a loved one a few days ago. We just found out about it yesterday. Aileen was the adopted cousin of my girlfriend. When I was Baguio last week, I spent a lot of time with her brother but I was not able to meet her. Here is a link to a facebook page set up for her:

https://www.facebook...orAileenNiocena

I am told that she was a beautiful woman, in and out. She was an accomplished musician and taught music for a living. She was loved by her students as well as her family and friends, and will be greatly missed by all.

I don't consider this a black mark against Baguio as far as crime and expats are concerned. A crime of passion is what the police suspect right now. She had broken up with someone in the past months. Robbery was not involved and she died of multiple stab wounds. It happened outside the main city area.

Rest in peace, Aileen!

Can you pass on my condolences? And probably condolences for just about everybody here on this forum! It is so sad to lose someone so young and who should be still laughing and singing... To lose someone who can teach others how to laugh and sing and to bring joy to the lives of others.

• Like 5

Thomas
Posted
Posted
Thomas, I have posted 2 links related to your post, I hope you can Glean what you would like to know. from them.

Thank you.

I couldn't find motives,

but some other interesting e g:

USA had 222 times more prisoners per capita than the Philippines!

Drug related crimes per 100 000 people:

Sweden: 734

The Philippines: 5 !!!

Perhaps showing how effective the police are? :)

(It had became much more murders in Sweden since 2004 :angry: Back then we had very good results, but now it had become much more murders, mainly between different criminal mafia type gangs of which almost all, except exbanding criminal bikers, are immigrants plus "visiting hit men/robbers" from Eastern Europe.)

• Like 1

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted

Has he been caught yet?

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
Can you pass on my condolences?

Thank you Bob, already done.

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Has he been caught yet?

No suspects arrested yet. If you look at the Facebook page now, there are some new links, one to a news story about the murder. She was dropped off by a taxi near her home at around 9 pm and had to walk a short distance up a small road to her apartment. Someone must have been waiting and ambushed her. She fought them and was stabbed 32 times! I have no idea if any neighbors have said they heard anything. Terrible way for such a nice young lady to die!

If you look at the Facebook page there is a YouTube video of her playing an electric piano and she was quite good. There are also some other nice tributes.

https://www.facebook.com/JusticeForAileenNiocena

• Like 3