Important information for new registering members

You must validate your registration to become a member. If you did not receive your validation Email its best to check in your spam folder as it could be there.

You must use a real Email address or you will never be able to join the forum.

Welcome to the Philippines Expat Forum!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Photo
* * * * - 1 votes

Us Aircraft Carriers Soon To Have Bars& Strip Clubs On Board

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Pittman apartments Sgn

Pittman apartments Sgn

Royal member

• Privileged Member
  • 2,545 posts
  • 371 topics
  • Skin: IP.Board
  • Local time: 07:15 AM
  • Country of Birth: Country Flag
  • Blood Type:No Listing

Posted 07 January 2013 - 12:41 AM

The Pentagon announced today that the Navy will be installing strip clubs and bars aboard all aircraft carriers. :th_goodidea:
The unusual move comes at a time when budget cuts loom and the public has questioned the need for extravagant military spending.
Commander Ethan Granger, a Navy spokesman, explains:

“The time has come for the US Navy to face the facts and come up with innovative solutions to the problems we face.
The first thing Sailors do when they hit shore is to patronize the local strip club and bar.

By being proactive, the Navy can keep this behavior on board and avoid problems with drunken Sailors getting in fights on shore. We are also pleased to announce that the profits from these activities aboard our ships will go directly towards the Navy’s budget.” :kidding:

Public watchdog organizations have praised this move as a sign of the times.

“We are glad our armed forces are taking the initiative and making responsible changes amid our financial crisis,” says Kenneth Johnson, representing The Center For A Responsible Future For America.

Sailors at large support the new move as well. “It gets quite boring on long tours. I think this makes for a great way to keep people occupied,” said one sailor, speaking on condition of anonymity.

The new move does not have total support however and some worry that it only serves to ‘promote immoral behavior’.
CDR Granger dismissed this criticism, stating “Our sailors would be doing this whether or not it is on or off a ship. It really changes nothing.”
But what about the possible breakdown in discipline by allowing alcohol on board?

CDR Granger has thought of everything, and calms fears from TDB and others: ”We have considered instituting a ten drink maximum so that sailors don’t get too out of hand.” :thats-funny:

The Navy has not said yet whether the strippers will be Naval personnel or civilian contractors, but Granger says, “Both options are on the table.”

: http://www.duffelblo.../#ixzz2HGUkXVPD

Jake . what do you think about this?

• I am bob likes this
Every man has got a breaking point. You and I have one. Walter Kurtz has reached his. And very obviously, he has gone insane.

#2 OFFLINE   Dave Hounddriver

Dave Hounddriver

Royal Member

• Forum Support
  • 3,129 posts
  • 200 topics

Posted 07 January 2013 - 01:02 AM

I think they probably already have bars and strip clubs on the aircraft carriers but the difference would be they would employ females in the clubs :hystery:
  • Pittman apartments Sgn and I am bob like this
Don't Hate

#3 ONLINE   earthdome

earthdome

Royal Member

• Privileged Member
  • 976 posts
  • 44 topics
  • Blood Type:A+

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:47 AM

Back 30 years ago this wouldn't be that far from fact.

In 1975 when I went to the US Navy Nuclear Power School at Mare Island, CA (northern end of SF Bay) the enlisted club was 100 feet from the school. The base cafeteria was all the way on the other side of the base. At lunch time the enlisted club had a buffet, beer and strippers (the female kind). You don't have to be Jake to guess where I spent my lunch break to get me in the proper mood for afternoon classes on subjects like nuclear physics!
  • Jake, Pittman apartments Sgn and I am bob like this

#4 ONLINE   Jake

Jake

Royal Member

• Forum Support
  • 3,914 posts
  • 207 topics
  • Local time: 04:15 PM
  • Blood Type:O+

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:32 PM

Back 30 years ago this wouldn't be that far from fact.

In 1975 when I went to the US Navy Nuclear Power School at Mare Island, CA (northern end of SF Bay) the enlisted club was 100 feet from the school. The base cafeteria was all the way on the other side of the base. At lunch time the enlisted club had a buffet, beer and strippers (the female kind). You don't have to be Jake to guess where I spent my lunch break to get me in the proper mood for afternoon classes on subjects like nuclear physics!

Wait a minute, I was there also in 1975 trying to learn how to become a crypto geek. The town outside Mare Island
Sub Base was Vallejo. Ever noticed the suits hovering around the bars and nightclubs? We were warned about
that -- loose lips sink ships. But you're right about the nightly entertainment off the ships.

As far as the link Duffel Blog above, it is not a reliable source of US military information. I've been on many platforms
of naval warships, including nuke subs and I have yet to see any pole dancing of the female persuasion.

Thanks for the memories EarthDome -- Jake

WITH MY COMPANION BY MY SIDE......WATCHING THE SUNSET AS WELL AS THE SUNRISE

Scorpion Eyes

#5 OFFLINE   Tukaram (Tim)

Tukaram (Tim)

Royal Member

• Privileged Member
  • 1,057 posts
  • 53 topics
  • Skin: Glare 3.4.4 (Import)
  • Blood Type:A-

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:25 PM

Ahhhh the good old days. We used to have lingerie shows at Naval Station San Diego enlisted club (Desert Storm era). We would go for a liquid lunch and lingerie auction. Good times.... good times :tiphat:
  • Jake likes this

http://expatinphilippines.wordpress.com/

#6 ONLINE   Jake

Jake

Royal Member

• Forum Support
  • 3,914 posts
  • 207 topics
  • Local time: 04:15 PM
  • Blood Type:O+

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:02 PM

Ahhhh the good old days. We used to have lingerie shows at Naval Station San Diego enlisted club (Desert Storm era). We would go for a liquid lunch and lingerie auction. Good times.... good times :tiphat:

And don't forget about Lourdes and the Trophy Lounge in National City -- both venues are target enriched
environment with plenty of pish called WestPac widows.....he, he.

One final note -- I'm glad I retired before they fully implemented women serving on board naval warships.
Otherwise, I would have been busted down to seaman recruit.....he, he.

Good boy ako -- Jake

WITH MY COMPANION BY MY SIDE......WATCHING THE SUNSET AS WELL AS THE SUNRISE

Scorpion Eyes

#7 ONLINE   earthdome

earthdome

Royal Member

• Privileged Member
  • 976 posts
  • 44 topics
  • Blood Type:A+

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:33 PM

One final note -- I'm glad I retired before they fully implemented women serving on board naval warships. Otherwise, I would have been busted down to seaman recruit.....he, he.

I was an instructor at a USN Nuclear Prototype research and training DOE site when they started letting women into the nuclear program. It caused all kinds of problems. Not that the women couldn't do the work, no problem there for the most part. The problem was the policies. These women could still not serve on combatant ships and almost all the jobs were on combatant ships. So the women started filling all the openings that were considered shore duty for the men.

In one case a female student and male instructor had a relationship and got busted for it. The man got sent back out to sea on a submarine. The woman graduated from training and became an instructor. Needless to say this was not appreciated by the men.
  • Jake likes this

#8 OFFLINE   Pittman apartments Sgn

Pittman apartments Sgn

Royal member

• Privileged Member
  • 2,545 posts
  • 371 topics

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:00 AM

As far as the link Duffel Blog above, it is not a reliable source of US military information.

Jake are you saying that the "Duffel blog" is not a good source of info? :omg:
what has the internet become if you cant trust whats posted? :hystery:

serious jake it does provide great laughs when we need one

thanks for all of your Navy stories , :AddEmoticons04230:
  • Jake and I am bob like this
Every man has got a breaking point. You and I have one. Walter Kurtz has reached his. And very obviously, he has gone insane.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users