O Neg Needed - Cdo

retired
Posted
Posted

Mine is O -

An expat here in CDO is in need of O negative. My wife has been trying to help but seems no one is O- here. Will it be possible for you to donate? Daisy's cel is 09177086217 THANKS

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Julia
Posted
Posted (edited)

here in the company where I am working, we have this so called bloodletting activity - this is done in coordination with the National Red Cross - Pasay Chapter. All qualified employees, passengers alike are welcome to join this annual activity. Everytime an employee, a family member of an employee, a neighbor, a friend, a passenger or anybody we know needs any type of blood, we simply go to the NRC blood bank and secure the type of blood we need. We also make the whole community become aware of how important it is to donate blood.

i am not sure if this works the same in the NRC - Misamis Oriental Chapter, this you may verify in their office. here is the link i found thru www.google.com

http://www.redcross.org.ph/misamisoriental

i am not sure if this could help but let me know if there is more than you need to know (i can PM you my mobile no. - communication is alot easier then)

Edited by ako si julia
  • Like 4

• 6 months later...
jwb912
Posted
Posted

Greetings, I know this is an old post, but its Very Important that all expats know about the Upside and downside of O Negative blood type, and appreciate them. First of all, only 7% of the world's population has is O Negative. It is also the most preferred blood group for emergency transfusions, as type O negative red blood cells can be given to any blood type. HOWEVER, O Negative recipients, can only receive blood from another O Negative donor...A person with O Positive blood, can receive, and accept O positive, or O negative. BUT, O Negative can donate to everyone, but only receive blood from another O Negative donor. 2nd: I am currently donating my O Negative blood in the USA, and when I come to the Philippines, I will be doing the same... Jimmy

Thomas
Posted
Posted

here in the company where I am working, we have this so called bloodletting activity - this is done in coordination with the National Red Cross - Pasay Chapter. All qualified employees, passengers alike are welcome to join this annual activity. Everytime an employee, a family member of an employee, a neighbor, a friend, a passenger or anybody we know needs any type of blood, we simply go to the NRC blood bank and secure the type of blood we need. We also make the whole community become aware of how important it is to donate blood.

i am not sure if this works the same in the NRC - Misamis Oriental Chapter, this you may verify in their office. here is the link i found thru www.google.com

http://www.redcross.org.ph/misamisoriental

i am not sure if this could help but let me know if there is more than you need to know (i can PM you my mobile no. - communication is alot easier then)

I find it some odd, missing blood doners is a big problem in a poor country as RP, but there is enough blood in Sweden. (Well. They have to have campaigns sometimes to add doners, but it's no big problem here, although the "pay" is a cookie :)  or something to reduce dissyness after giving blood.)

Of course it's better if it can be solved volontaringly, but because it's a problem in RP - Can't it be solved in RP by offer doners a litle* pay??

*I mean "litle" after "kano messure" e g half/one day Pinoy worker pay to be there only the time it take to donate blood in an "express line" (=only wait after emergency cases, but go before in queue them, who don't need treatment urgent:)

I suppouse foreigners and rich/middle class Pinoys would be prepared to pay to be secured to get blood, prepared to pay enough to cover costs for some blood to poor people too, wouldn't we?

As a kind of "insurance" to get blood if/when we will need it ourselves. Or paying much more if we need blood, but haven't thought ahead enough to pay the "insurance" fee regularly  :)