Brief Description Of 13A Visa Process In Cebu:

Shol
Posted
Posted (edited)

How many immigration hearings did you attend ? Just one ? Did you have to attend one for the conversion to permanent resident from probationary ?

Thanks!

Edited by Jollygoodfellow
-removed long quote

Americano
Posted
Posted

How many immigration hearings did you attend ? Just one ? Did you have to attend one for the conversion to permanent resident from probationary ?

Thanks!

Shol,

The list you quoted above was not posted by me. Someone with Mod. or Admin rights added it to my #1 Post.  It came from the BOI website.  It gives the requirements but doesn't give you the steps you must complete.  Look at the bottom of my #1 Post and you will see the Microsoft Word file I made and attached.  Just click on it to open the file or you can go to Post #3 where Boss man copied and pasted the file I made to make it easier to read so you don't have to open the file.

To answer your question, you must attend 2 interviews with a BOI lawyer.  On my list they are No. 2 and No. 6.  The first one is for the Probationary 13A and the last one is for the Permanent 13A.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

The list you quoted above was not posted by me. Someone with Mod. or Admin rights added it to my #1 Post.  It came from the BOI website.

I don't think so, only thing added and pasted was your download?  :89:

Americano
Posted
Posted

Boss man I didn't say you changed my #1 Post but someone did.  I didn't post the requirements which evidently came from the BOI website.  I only made a word file with a Brief Description of the 13A Process and posted it.  I supplied the information that the Title of the Topic mentioned.   I'm sorry if you thought I accused you of changing my post. Having the requirements and the process in one post is good anyway so there was no harm done.  Well, I'm sure we won't know who added the requirements now and it doesn't matter anyway.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Boss man I didn't say you changed my #1 Post but someone did.  I didn't post the requirements which evidently came from the BOI website.  I only made a word file with a Brief Description of the 13A Process and posted it.  I supplied the information that the Title of the Topic mentioned.   I'm sorry if you thought I accused you of changing my post. Having the requirements and the process in one post is good anyway so there was no harm done.  Well, I'm sure we won't know who added the requirements now and it doesn't matter anyway.

No drama but if a forum support moderator edit a post it automatically post the line, "edited by Joe Blow". The only two who have the ability to not show "edited by" is myself and Mike B so unless Mike added it I am at lost of how it got there but you did say you were posting late, lol. 

Anyway as you say, good info either way.  :cheersty:

• Like 1

MikeB
Posted
Posted

The only two who have the ability to not show "edited by" is myself and Mike B so unless Mike added it I am at lost of how it got there

The few, rare times I have edited a member's post it's to remove, not add, and it's because of a rules violation, duplicate post, or at the request of the member - and I always check the "Edited by" option so they know who and why.

• Like 2

ducecoop
Posted
Posted

New here - but wondering if the should be a sticky?

• Like 1

MikeB
Posted
Posted

New here - but wondering if the should be a sticky?

Good idea.

• 5 months later...
Daydreamer
Posted
Posted
If you're married, retired, and have no intention to work (that's me) the balikbayan stamp is far easier and has no fees, no BI as long as you leave once a year. Traveling out of the country yearly is actually a healthy and good thing. My opinion only. [/quote

One of these, I can honestly say that I'm not....married, but as for the rest that's all I'd like to do once a year go on a vacation from the vacation :thumbsup:

• Like 1

richy
Posted
Posted

I was wondering if the fbi background check is needed for the 13A visa or is it just a local police clearance from your hometown in the United States? And if anybody has went through this process of getting background checks for the 13a visa here in the Philippines, if they could let me know the complete process and costs. I was wondering if anybody has needed or sent off for an fbi background check, and if so how did they pay for the background check?

I was thinking a money order but I am not sure what place in the Philippines I could get a money order that will be accepted in the United States for payment purposes.

thanks for you assistance

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic