Brief Description Of 13A Visa Process In Cebu:

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, DonnyQ said:

the BI gave me a list of rights for immigrants. One of them was 100% business ownership

Can we see where you asked them?  Because the list I have has an exclusion clause for non-Philippine citizens.  Since I know you did not ask them about the 13a then I have serious doubts you know squat about businesses either.  In short,  

bs.png  Sorry boss @Jollygoodfellow but I've had enough of this guy.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

• 2 months later...
TerryM
Posted
Posted
On 5/16/2018 at 8:16 AM, DonnyQ said:

Nope. 13a gives you an ICR. You no longer need a visa. You are still a non-citizen, but not a foreigner. You become a Resident Alien. The laws that apply to foreigners mostly do not apply to you. Just like the "Sa Immigration Magsumbong" program. Where they can report a foreigner by text message and have them deported and make 1,000 pesos. Can't do that to immigrants.

I think you're mixed up. 13A IS a visa. You are a non quota-immigrant. The ACR is the card you're referring to. "Alien Certificate of Registration".  You're subject to the same laws as Filipinos, whether you're a foreigner on a tourist visa, or a quota visa or a non quota immigrant visa. 

TerryM
Posted
Posted
On 1/23/2013 at 5:37 PM, Tukaram (Tim) said:

Simple as could be! Actually thanks for getting all this. I have looked around but this looks like a pretty good list. But... 8 trips, huh? It's more fun in the Philippines!

Hey, this is Terilowski. How ya doing? 

TerryM
Posted
Posted
On 1/24/2013 at 8:22 PM, Jollygoodfellow said:

Are you saying a foreigner can work on a balikbayan visa?

A foreigner on a Balikbayan privilege is allowed to work in the Philippines. 

• Like 1

Clermont
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, TerryM said:

A foreigner on a Balikbayan privilege is allowed to work in the Philippines. 

Sorry to bust your bubble TerryM, but that information is incorrect, you are still a foreigner on a Balikbayan visa and unless you apply for a work visa and it is approved, YOU will be deported. The way the PI's are cracking down on laws regardless of which law, just join this bloke and enjoy yourself. :56da64b51da2f_36_1_681:

TerryM
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Clermont said:

Sorry to bust your bubble TerryM, but that information is incorrect, you are still a foreigner on a Balikbayan visa and unless you apply for a work visa and it is approved, YOU will be deported. The way the PI's are cracking down on laws regardless of which law, just join this bloke and enjoy yourself. :56da64b51da2f_36_1_681:

Just look it up. Don'r believe me. 

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, TerryM said:

Or you could actually provide some source?  At least until you have established that you know what you are talking about.  Until then you are spreading Fake News. :turkey_40_anim_gif:

• Like 1

jimeve
Posted
Posted

Just a heads up, Cebu Immigration office in Cebu (J mall) is closed today Monday 8/6/2018. Wife found out after travelling from Dumaguete. Wasted journey and money.    

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Clermont
Posted
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, TerryM said:

› Forums › Expat Forums › Passports and Visas

Jan 7, 2017 - Balikbayan is clearly no working visa. If you are married to a filipina you can get the 13a visa which allows to work in the philippines. Agree x 2.

This is only a blog post but get the drift or your on your way home.:thumbsup:

Edited by Jollygoodfellow
Removed forum link per rules

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

The 13a allows one to work, I do not think a BB stamp does.  I have been on both... but do not work.   I never could find a good answer online (the BI site has very little info on the BB stamp), but as the BB stamp is a temporary permit I doubt working is allowed.  The work visa is good if you are single. The 13a is good if you are married. Since the 13a is a permanent resident, working is allowed.

• Like 3

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic