Pugad - Pugo Adventure

earthdome
Posted
Posted (edited)

Went for the day with the girlfriend and some of her relatives to PUGAD - Pugo Adventure. 

http://pugoadventure.multiply.com/

It is located on Marcos Highway on the way to Baguio in La Union province Luzon.

Activities include zip lines, ATV rental, firing range, rafting, swimming, small zoo/nature area.

The place is only a few years old and is expanding. Currently building a large childrens area and overnight rooms.

I tried the number 2 intermediate zip line. I am terribly afraid of open heights but had no problem riding the zip line.

The Superman zip line goes between 2 mountains several hundred feet above a river and is almost a quarter of a mile long.

Edited by earthdome
  • Like 5

ibemarshall
Posted
Posted (edited)

...the daring young man on the flying zipline (trapeze)....well played!

The video on the link is great...did you make reservations for just go?  Did you take a bus or arrange for transport another way?

This will be on 'my list' when I finally get there in a month or two.

Nice post - Thanks!

Edited by ibemarshall

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I love to go zip-lining!

It's a lot more fun when you aren't wearing the harness but rather just holding a rope strap or a cross-bar...  hehe!

Yeah, that little bit of extra danger just makes it a little bit more fun!!!              Ooops, I slipped....  ow!   :help56:  :9436:

Seriously, the first time I ever did a zip-line was in basic training for the military and we did not have harnesses - though it was over water...  hehe!

• Like 1

earthdome
Posted
Posted

...the daring young man on the flying zipline (trapeze)....well played!

The video on the link is great...did you make reservations for just go?  Did you take a bus or arrange for transport another way?

This will be on 'my list' when I finally get there in a month or two.

Nice post - Thanks!

My girlfriends aunt rented a van and driver for the day since there were 10 of us. It was about 1.5 hour drive from San Fernando City. No reservations were needed.

FYI, there is no smoking or alcohol allowed inside PUGAD. They are really trying to keep it a family place.

Thanks. It was a fun day.

• Like 1

earthdome
Posted
Posted

I love to go zip-lining!

It's a lot more fun when you aren't wearing the harness but rather just holding a rope strap or a cross-bar...  hehe!

Yeah, that little bit of extra danger just makes it a little bit more fun!!!              Ooops, I slipped....  ow!   :help56:  :9436:

Seriously, the first time I ever did a zip-line was in basic training for the military and we did not have harnesses - though it was over water...  hehe!

Smaller lighter people sometimes didn't make it quite all the way to the other end. So a staff member would roll down the line, hook on to the person, then go hand over hand on the cable to pull them back up to the tower.

My girlfriend refused to do the zip-line. I did get some pictures of her with a large python snake draped across her shoulders.

• Like 1