Aussie Executed

boring
Posted
Posted

AN Australian has been shot dead execution-style at the beach resort he manages in the Philippines.

Blue Rock Beach Resort general manager Paul Dean Davy, 53, was shot in the back of the head while talking to another Australian man at a resort restaurant in Olongapo, 120km north of Manila, on Friday night.

Police said the gunman approached Mr Davy from behind at the beachside restaurant, holding a .45 pistol.

He then pointed it at the back of his head and fired.

Witnesses said the restaurant was full of holiday makers and families at the time of the attack.

Mr Davy was rushed to hospital but later died.

Police described the shooter as a Filipino man aged 30-35 wearing a blue cap and clear prescription glasses.

It is understood Mr Davy knew his attacker.

It was not clear yesterday if police had apprehended the suspect.

Mr Davy is believed to be from Brisbane and was the general manager of the popular resort, well-known for its yearly beauty pageant involving local women.

Resort staff were in a meeting and were unable to comment on the incident.

Police have said it was an isolated attack. Officers were still at the crime scene.

The Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade spokeswoman said: "We can confirm the death of a 53-year-old man in the Philippines."

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/national-news/australian-resort-manager-shot-dead-in-philippines/story-fncynjr2-1226613963327#ixzz2PgIryrlJ

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Must of upset someone unless it was an accident.  :no:

• Like 2

boring
Posted
Posted

Yeah, I'm thinking the shooter tripped and the gun went off accidentally shooting the victim in the back of the head. Us Aussies never piss anyone off :D

• Like 5

brock
Posted
Posted

their are just too many murders of foreigners in the Philippines for my liking.

• Like 4

Americano
Posted
Posted

The Resort Manager murdered while the Staff was having a meeting.  Why wasn't the manager in the meeting?  And, maybe even more suspicious, where was the wife.  No statement from her.  I never go anywhere unless my wife is with me, but maybe that's because she loves me.

Adventurer
Posted
Posted (edited)

That's very unfortunate for this man and his family.

I'm now adding "NEVER Do BUISNESS in the Philippines" to my growing list of what not to do there. We did have a small dream of owning and building our own resort there one day but I doubt that will ever happen as I think it would just be a nightmare in many ways and this is just another example. Of course it could work out and work well but do I want to take a chance of some staff member wanting payback for dismissal which may or may not have been the case in this shooting?

Edited by Adventurer
  • Like 3

Mike S
Posted
Posted

There are a lot of conflicting stories about this ...... first it was reported that the Filipino went in wearing a full face motorcycle helmet and another report said they had a suspect in custody ..... so who knows the real story but reports for other places say the guy was well liked and treated his staff with dignity and respect and was liked by his employees .... he has been around that part of the Phils for quite a while ...... we'll just have to wait to see what happens next or rather what stories will be presented by the media ..... you know .... the ones that always report the facts ..... "The Facts Ma'am ... Just the Facts" as Detective Joe Friday used to say ..... :hystery: :hystery: :cheersty:

Fred & Mimi
Posted
Posted

Police are searching for a gunman who shot and killed an Australian man at a holiday resort in the northern Philippines.

Paul Dean Davy, 53, was shot in the back of the head with a .45 calibre pistol while he was talking to another Australian at the Blue Rock Beach Resort in Olongapo, north-west of Manila.

Read about it HERE

MikeB
Posted
Posted

Merged topics