I-Card With Balikbayan Visa

cybernco
Posted
Posted

My pinay wife and i entered the country together and I got the Balikbayan Visa stamp that is good for one year.  Has anyone tried to get an I-Card with this one year stamp?

ancienrocka
Posted
Posted

A person on a Balikbayan stamp cannot get an ACR card sorry.

Markham
Posted
Posted

A person on a Balikbayan stamp cannot get an ACR card sorry.

I think that may have changed. I was in BI a few weeks ago to collect my permanent card and there was a guy who was on a BB stamp asking about an ACR Card. They handed him a form, so maybe they will issue the Tourist cheap-n-cheerful version if asked nicely. It is another $50 revenue after all!

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

My pinay wife and i entered the country together and I got the Balikbayan Visa stamp that is good for one year.  Has anyone tried to get an I-Card with this one year stamp?

As  Paul has said NO. as you are already entered under another "visa"program.

welcome to the forum and your question is a good one and one thats not yet been asked,

On this forum , their is NO wrong questions to ask, if you dont ask and something happens then that was wrong not to ask. 

• Like 1

SubicSteve
Posted
Posted

Along the same line since I came in on a balikbayan visa.....

Do I need an exit clearance if I am in the country for 10 months?

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Answers for both the quesitons...  Hmmm...

An ACR-I card is not required but you can get one for convenience.  ie:  banking.

Though the Balikbayan is a Privilege and not a Visa, it is treated the same for most situations except for as noted in the Act.  Exit clearance is still required after being in-country for 6 months though no travel tax is charged.  ANY time a child is travelling out of country an exit clearance is required.

This is something that can be very confusing as another section on the BI site states that any Filipino exiting the country without a Philippine passport is still subject to an exit fee.  If somebody can confirm this with BI, it would be greatly appreciated.

• Like 1

Bundy
Posted
Posted

So.............Let's assume you are a balikbayan and have stayed more than 6 months but less than 12 months and you rock up to the airport ready to leave. Are you required to have an exit clearance and if you don't have this, can you get it at the airport or would you be denied until you went back to Mandaue?

MikeB
Posted
Posted
Let's assume you are a balikbayan and have stayed more than 6 months but less than 12 months and you rock up to the airport ready to leave. Are you required to have an exit clearance and if you don't have this, can you get it at the airport or would you be denied until you went back to Mandaue?

Bundy, my understanding is that those on a BB stamp are not required to get the Emigration Clearance Certificate from BI if they depart before the 12 month limit. I was told that by someone whom I believe to be a very good source. Does anyone have any recent first hand experience or a source that refers specifically to this situation?  

• Like 1

Bundy
Posted
Posted (edited)

Let's assume you are a balikbayan and have stayed more than 6 months but less than 12 months and you rock up to the airport ready to leave. Are you required to have an exit clearance and if you don't have this, can you get it at the airport or would you be denied until you went back to Mandaue?

Bundy, my understanding is that those on a BB stamp are not required to get the Emigration Clearance Certificate from BI if they depart before the 12 month limit. I was told that by someone whom I believe to be a very good source. Does anyone have any recent first hand experience or a source that refers specifically to this situation?  

Thanks mate,

That is also my understanding of the Balikbayan rules but i'm now getting a lot of conflicting stories, mostly revolving around a change to the rules 4 years ago which means that ANY tourist who has stayed continuously for a period of 6 months or more is now required to get an exit clearance.

As we are going to Singapore next month (before the baby comes) it now looks like another trip to BI Mandaue to find out.............arrrrrrrrrgggghhhhh!

Edited by Bundy

Americano
Posted
Posted (edited)

I was on the 11th month of a BB Stamp in November 2011 when I went to Hong Kong. I didn't get a Clearance Certificate and didn't have any problem departing. A Clearance Certificate is not required when on a BB Visa unless the rules have changed recently.

I never tried to get an I-card while on a BB so I don't know if that's possible. A call to Immigration should answer that question since it may have changed recently from what we are hearing.

Edited by Americano
  • Like 3