I-Card With Balikbayan Visa

Thomas
Posted
Posted

Maybe I can get my sugar momma to take me out of the country for a day to Borneo or somewhere and bring me back every year.

Are there any rule saying wife and husband have to arrive from same PLACE if they go through the custom at same place at the same time?

Cheaper if wife arrive from e g Hongkong*, when I arrive from Sweden   :)

*Or anywhere close, which have flights to where I land.

imonacan
Posted
Posted

If my Pinay wife and daughter come first, and I follow months later... can I still get a Balikbayan Visa stamp (?)

No, the spouse must travel and enter with you.

Ok MikeB..Thanks for the straight answer. I kind of figured so, but wasn't sure. Just have to get visa extentions until the 13A is approved (or not) . No big deal really. Just another thing to run around and pay for

• Like 1

Americano
Posted
Posted

Maybe I can get my sugar momma to take me out of the country for a day to Borneo or somewhere and bring me back every year.

Are there any rule saying wife and husband have to arrive from same PLACE if they go through the custom at same place at the same time?

Cheaper if wife arrive from e g Hongkong*, when I arrive from Sweden   :)

*Or anywhere close, which have flights to where I land.

It doesn't matter were the wife and husband are coming from. The important thing is Immigration must check both passports at the same time which means the wife and husband must be together at Immigration in the airport.

• Like 1

SubicSteve
Posted
Posted

Ok, I have emailed the BI and they did reply. I only stated my case so the answer was tailored to my situation.

They have told me that if I am here on a Balikbayan stamp and I leave BEFORE my 12 months is up, I DO NOT require any exit clearance.

Now I am just guessing here but I would think that if I stayed longer than the 12 months (and I know this is allowed)I would be paying visa extensions just as any tourist is required but then when I did eventually leave (and I believe I can extend out to 2 years)I would then need an exit clearance.

Did you email a specific person?  What email address did you use as I will do the same.  I am here on a BB visa and NO ONE seems to know whether or not I need an exit clearance when I leave after being here 11 months.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Did you email a specific person?  What email address did you use as I will do the same.  I am here on a BB visa and NO ONE seems to know whether or not I need an exit clearance when I leave after being here 11 months.

Although not an in depth answer to your question, the BI said no.

On another subject, take a look at the time stamps of question asked and answered. Things have changed at the Bi. 

post-1-0-69093600-1374849993_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

GregZ
Posted
Posted (edited)

Thank you everyone for your answers. I have the Philippine BB visa stamp on my passport that it expires one year from the date of the issue.  We finally got my wife's US CR1 Spouse Visa approved to come to the US and were leaving at the end of August, 2013.  I'll update you as to any exit fees required.

:444:

:AddEmoticons04230: CONGRATULATIONS! ! !     :-kiss:

on spouse visa for USA

Edited by GregZ

FredM
Posted
Posted

I left PI recently after almost 11 months on a BB. I was not aware an exit clearance may be required and certainly was not asked for one.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I left PI recently after almost 11 months on a BB. I was not aware an exit clearance may be required and certainly was not asked for one.

You don't need one, read two posts up. #25

FredM
Posted
Posted

Thanks for that jollygoodfellow. I was actually proving that the previous poster was correct!

• Like 1