Usa Consulate Cebu

dalidali
Posted
Posted (edited)

I was reading another topic in this section about the CNI process.

I "think" I can get the US Consulate in Cebu to issue me that affidavit?

My documents are all lined up.....just a copy of the death certificate from the now departed spouse, issued in the USA, along with my valid USA passport.

Looking online......http://manila.usembassy.gov/marriage.html I can see a link to making an appointment but it seems to be only for the Manila Embassy.

I really don't want to go to Manila if at all possible.

My question is:...can I indeed get this affidavit issued at the Cebu USA Consulate and would I need to make an appointment or just do a walk-in?

saludos

On edit: I can't seem to get the topic headline USA Consulate USA caps to stick. It changes back to lower case even after the edit.

Edited by dalidali

Bruce
Posted
Posted
On edit: I can't seem to get the topic headline USA Consulate USA caps to stick. It changes back to lower case even after the edit.

Yes same for all of us. One day when the forum owner has some time :hystery: available, he may think about allowing all caps in the title, but only if he is in a good mood. :dance:

MikeB
Posted
Posted

My question is:...can I indeed get this affidavit issued at the Cebu USA Consulate and would I need to make an appointment or just do a walk-in?   saludos

Yes, you can get the Affidavit in Lieu of a Certificate of Legal Capacity to Contract Marriage at the Cebu Consulate. They don't take appointments and are only open between 9-11am M-F. 

The forum software puts letters in the title not separated by a space in lower case.
  • Like 1

dalidali
Posted
Posted

The forum software puts letters in the title not separated by a space in lower case.

Ok thanks for this heads up.

However in the body of the post, that software glitch does not seem to apply.......USA USA USA........

• 3 weeks later...
Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

However in the body of the post, that software glitch does not seem to apply.......USA USA USA........

Its not a glitch, it is set that topic titles can not be all caps as it would look rather silly and then some would title in all caps and others won't so I have it set not to SHOUT as its called. The downfall is when things like "USA" are posted.

The system automatically changes the first letter in each word in titles to caps and the rest normal. The posting editor is a different matter and is working correctly.  :thumbsup:

post-1-0-86504300-1372506868_thumb.jpg

• Like 1