Kasambahay Law - Employer Responsibilities

Thomas
Posted
Posted

Some administration, but it seem all/most can be done through internet 

The internet, what's that? Just as an example, the Bureau of Immigration website for the country has been down for at least a week. If it was so easy there wouldn't be this backlash of complaints. If you're interested you can read up on it, there's a lot more to this then you're getting here.

I reached all three directly, when I tested yesterday, two of the links going directly to Registration subpages,

but that was late evening RP time, so you perhaps need to test, when many in RP sleep.

'Thomas', on 31 Aug 2013 - 4:45 PM, said: The fees will probably not make you go bankruptcy either Around 14 % totaly (210-350p) per month. See post #23.
Yes, that can be a problem, if they check back  :th_unfair:  Have you had same since 1997?   :)

I ment the cost for a month now, they are small.

Markham
Posted
Posted
The fees will probably not make you go bankruptcy either :) Around 14 % totaly (210-350p) per month.

The total is actually just over Php680 per month and is to be paid monthly at each of the three offices. Allow 2 hours standing in line per office - so a complete waste of a day.

• Like 1

MikeB
Posted
Posted

The intent of the law is ok but getting these people, many of whom don't even have birth certificates, registered for these programs should be between them and the respective agencies, the employer should have no part in that. It's hurting the kasambahay because they are losing jobs or having hours cut to part time to avoid this. That is a fact. The law is having the exact opposite of it's stated mission, which often happens when self-serving politicians and bureaucratic agencies involve themselves in long-standing and complex social systems in the guise of "helping".

• Like 4

Markham
Posted
Posted

Exactly Mike, well put!

I haven't checked this myself yet but I'm told that a requirement for registration requires both employer and employee to have Tax ID Numbers (TIN). For most employers, that won't be a problem because they're likely to be business-owners or be in employment themselves. Kasambahay are unlikely to have a TIN and, since it would make them potential tax payers and thus have to account for all their income including any remittances, wouldn't want one in the first place.

A number of our friends and acquaintances do employ kasambahay; one of them told me she has reduced the number she employs from four to two because two refused to sign a contract of employment - a pre-requisite for registration. She may be forced to let the other two go if they won't sign their contracts in a few weeks - they're newly employed. Others are faced with the difficulty that their staff refuse to sign the contract, so do they keep employing them or not.

Thomas
Posted
Posted

The fees will probably not make you go bankruptcy either :) Around 14 % totaly (210-350p) per month.

The total is actually just over Php680 per month and is to be paid monthly at each of the three offices. Allow 2 hours standing in line per office - so a complete waste of a day.

When I did read at each page the fees are around 10, 3 and 4 percents totaly including deductions from salary (not done when it's under 5000p. The employer's parts are 2 and 2. Perhaps do they want the employer to pay the employee part too when it's low salary.)  So how can it become 680p per month, when the salary is 1500-2500 (depending of province), or do they count percentage at the benefits too?

When I did read about (volontary) SSS some moths ago, I read the fee can be paid through bank, so I suppouse - hope :)  - that goes for employers too. And you can still send your kasambahay  :)   so it don't need to be your own time.

Thomas
Posted
Posted

Earlier I didn't check payment possibilities proper, but here are payment possibilities for volontary, selfemployed and when having common employed. I GUESS they can be used for kasambahays too   :)

SSS even has possibility to chose AUTO deduction from your bank acount https://www.sss.gov.ph/sss/index2.jsp?secid=126&cat=7&pg=null       Around 10% fee up to 15000p.

Here they tell many possible paying places:

http://www.philhealth.gov.ph/partners/collecting/   Fee around 2.5 percent.

Online payment possibility

https://www.pagibigfundservices.com/ccpayment/    (The OTHER website, which talk about fees, was down for the moment, but if I remember corect the fee is 2% percent deducted (when over 5000p salary) plus 2 % from employer.)

robert k
Posted
Posted

As has been said, it may drive employment down or at least the amount of hours, why not have a night shift and day shift part time help? I was thinking I would hire someone before, not out of absolute necessity but of real need with my bad back but now I think it might be better to tough it out or only hire casual labor as needed. :(

MikeB
Posted
Posted

I wouldn't worry too much; with all the complaints it's basically unworkable. Once they actually start fining people someone will file a lawsuit and they'll probably issue a TRO like the "online libel" statutes of the cybercrime law that generated such derision from the rest of the world. Probably a similarly "enhanced version" of the Kasambahay Law will emerge w/o employer penalties. Then maybe some of the helpers can get their jobs back.

• Like 2

Markham
Posted
Posted

When I did read at each page the fees are around 10, 3 and 4 percents totaly including deductions from salary (not done when it's under 5000p. The employer's parts are 2 and 2. Perhaps do they want the employer to pay the employee part too when it's low salary.)  So how can it become 680p per month, when the salary is 1500-2500 (depending of province), or do they count percentage at the benefits too?

When I did read about (volontary) SSS some moths ago, I read the fee can be paid through bank, so I suppouse - hope :)  - that goes for employers too. And you can still send your kasambahay  :)   so it don't need to be your own time.

680 was the amount published in a FAQ in the Manila Bulletin when this new law came into effect. My wife visited all three agencies yesterday and discovered that the total amount payable is now 805, based on a monthly of 2500. And yes, the employer is responsible for paying the Kasambahay's part of all contributions - no deductions can be made from their salary.

The minimum salary rate for Kasambahays in Davao (and Cebu) is 2000 per month. However for a good maid whose hard-working and honest, you'll have to pay at least 2500 a month; nannies (Yayas) expect 3500 a month minimum and if they've completed a vocational course, then expect to pay 5-6000 a month.

As for sending one's Kasambahay to make the payments, well one could but the employer is responsible for ensuring that all payments are made on time: suppose the Kasambahay "forgets", the employer is still held liable.

• Like 2

Thomas
Posted
Posted
680 was the amount published in a FAQ in the Manila Bulletin when this new law came into effect. My wife visited all three agencies yesterday and discovered that the total amount payable is now 805, based on a monthly of 2500.
Well. I will not employ any kasambahay probably, so I haven't read the special page for that any proper,

but I have checked each website about general employment, How do they manage to make 680/805 suit what they tell in each general fees websites? Are they counting a (high) value for lodging and food?

As for sending one's Kasambahay to make the payments, well one could but the employer is responsible for ensuring that all payments are made on time: suppose the Kasambahay "forgets", the employer is still held liable.
Yes, but you don't need to send her the LAST day :) If you send her earlier, she can show you a reciept, I suppouse,

and if not, then you have time left to make sure it's paid in time.

AND you have the other paying possibilities I listed in an earlier post.