Kasambahay Law - Employer Responsibilities

Thomas
Posted
Posted
Thomas, on 05 Sept 2013 - 10:50 AM, said: But I read NO DEDUCTION are done when they earn under 5000 per month, but does it say anywhere the employer have to pay the employee part then? Read the Act! Kasambahay are employees, they are not self-employed nor are they making voluntary contributions.
Yes, of course they are Employees. I talked about do it anywhere say the Employer have to pay the Employee's part when they have to low salary to need to pay anything?
Quote And as I understand the SSS table I read at https://www.sss.gov....1&cat=2&pg=null the SSS fee is 260 less than you wrote. The SSS amounts I cited earlier were written-down on a piece of paper by a clerk at the SSS office.
Yes, but it has happened many times - in Sweden too - tax clerks don't even know the law about their own section of tax... :)

Because how can the part I quoted from the SSS table mean anything else than the TOTAL is 270, NOT 270 + 260??

Quote: TOTAL CONTRIBUTION (at 2500) Employer: 186,70 Employee: 83,30 Total: 270
So even IF the employer pay the employee's part too, that table says the TOTAL SSS fee is 270...

Markham
Posted
Posted

Thomas, on 05 Sept 2013 - 10:50 AM, said: But I read NO DEDUCTION are done when they earn under 5000 per month, but does it say anywhere the employer have to pay the employee part then? Read the Act! Kasambahay are employees, they are not self-employed nor are they making voluntary contributions.

Yes, of course they are Employees. I talked about do it anywhere say the Employer have to pay the Employee's part when they have to low salary to need to pay anything?

Quote And as I understand the SSS table I read at https://www.sss.gov....1&cat=2&pg=null the SSS fee is 260 less than you wrote. The SSS amounts I cited earlier were written-down on a piece of paper by a clerk at the SSS office.

Yes, but it has happened many times - in Sweden too - tax clerks don't even know the law about their own section of tax... :)

Because how can the part I quoted from the SSS table mean anything else than the TOTAL is 270, NOT 270 + 260??

Quote: TOTAL CONTRIBUTION (at 2500) Employer: 186,70 Employee: 83,30 Total: 270

So even IF the employer pay the employee's part too, that table says the TOTAL SSS fee is 270...

If you read the Act, you will discover that the Employer has to pay both the Employer's and the Employee's contributions for SSS, Pagibig and Philhealth. For SSS, there are two "Total" columns, one for Employer and one for Employee: the Employer pays both parts (for Kasambahay earning less than 5,000 a month).

Thomas
Posted
Posted
For SSS, there are two "Total" columns, one for Employer and one for Employee: the Employer pays both parts (for Kasambahay earning less than 5,000 a month).
OK, but
TOTAL CONTRIBUTION (at 2500) Employer: 186,70 Employee: 83,30 Total: 270